PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most underrated NBA player???

Adidas410s
05-09-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm stuck on two names right now...

Shawn Marion
Tim Duncan

BTEXDAD
05-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I'm stuck on two names right now...

Shawn Marion
Tim Duncan

Possibly Marion, but Duncan, underrated?

Announcers said in first game he was possibly best power forward ever. Even better than Karl Malone. Doesn't sound underraed to me. He's excellent player and gets due reward.

I do hope no one gets on kick about Duncan not getting calls again this season. He's gotten plenty in this series already. Refs were just trying to make a point in first series with Denver.
Now if Refs can just give Yao that same kind of respect, maybe Rockets can advance in future.

Adidas410s
05-09-2007, 09:10 AM
When I say that Duncan is underrated...that's coming from the standpoint that he doesn't get the publicity of a Lebron, Kobe, Wade, or Nash. He's one of the all-time greats...and his legacy will prove that...but as a player he doesn't get the respect he deserves when people talk about the best of the best IMO. Then again...his personality sure has something to do with that too I think.

GreenMonster
05-09-2007, 09:13 AM
What about over-rated? T-Mac has been hailed as THE savior for every team he's ever played for and managed to do nothing but flop come the first round.

BTEXDAD
05-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
When I say that Duncan is underrated...that's coming from the standpoint that he doesn't get the publicity of a Lebron, Kobe, Wade, or Nash. He's one of the all-time greats...and his legacy will prove that...but as a player he doesn't get the respect he deserves when people talk about the best of the best IMO. Then again...his personality sure has something to do with that too I think.

I think you're right about the personality. He doesn't get the endorsements many of the others get. If you aren't in commercials, you don't get to do even more for ESPN and therefore you aren't shown as much on espn, which leads to not being acknowledged as being as great as some others.

on t-mac, I can also agree with green monster somewhat. I think tmac is a very good player, but not a superstar as some want to portray him.
It's not his fault, but when you get paid the big bucks and are considered to be a superstar, you have to take the criticism and pressure that goes with it. He also has a very laid back personality and when rockets lose it sometimes comes across that it doesn't bother him (which maybe it doesn't)