PDA

View Full Version : Working on Snyder's Team Preview

Matthew328
05-08-2007, 08:18 PM
those guys are gonna be loaded....I figured they'd be my top team in West TX...but its been confirmed now

Adidas410s
05-08-2007, 08:20 PM
two words...Lance Day

Snydertigersrul
05-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
those guys are gonna be loaded....I figured they'd be my top team in West TX...but its been confirmed now

I'm already dusting the trophy case for spot where we can put the state championship trophy in December. The only thing better would be playing Sweetwater (and winning of course). Tigers will rule in 2007

wildstangs
05-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
I'm already dusting the trophy case for spot where we can put the state championship trophy in December. The only thing better would be playing Sweetwater (and winning of course). Tigers will rule in 2007

I remember the Tigers making room for trophies during Sonny Cumbie's senior year. Enter Everman in the first round of the playoffs. What did the Tigers end up with, only a district title?

Matthew328
05-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Well come on...they had to play Everman in bi-district! LOL That wasn't pretty...

wildstangs
05-08-2007, 08:50 PM
I'm already dusting the trophy case

And by the way, you guys have a problem with dust building up in your trophy case? Lol....

Snyder_TigerFan
05-08-2007, 09:21 PM

Cool!:thumbsup:

Snydertigersrul
05-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I remember the Tigers making room for trophies during Sonny Cumbie's senior year. Enter Everman in the first round of the playoffs. What did the Tigers end up with, only a district title?

Sweetwater could be staying home from the playoffs next year.

:)
:cheerl:
:wave:

wildstangs
05-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Sweetwater could be staying home from the playoffs next year.

:)
:cheerl:
:wave:

Every team could be staying home from the playoffs next year.

Snydertigersrul
05-08-2007, 11:01 PM

:cool:

smustangs
05-08-2007, 11:04 PM

i have a feeling we will be seeing this post again in a few months

Ranger Mom
05-09-2007, 08:43 AM

Only one team does in our district!:p

Could very well be us though!:(

tuff26
05-09-2007, 08:58 AM

O come on. Why must you post this kinda stuff. I think rule is a spy from sweetwater. He sure does motivate the other towns

Adidas410s
05-09-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Only one team does in our district!:p

Could very well be us though!:(

Yall can't beat Lamesa??? :(

Ranger Mom
05-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by tuff26
O come on. Why must you post this kinda stuff. I think rule is a spy from sweetwater. He sure does motivate the other towns

There's one for every team Tuff!!

(Thank goodness Greenwood's doesn't post!!):eek: :eek: :p

Ranger Mom
05-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Yall can't beat Lamesa??? :(

I would hope so, but you never know. We are losing quite a bit this year.

Still have a few pretty good players that will be Seniors....and then I think we are going to hit a dry spell for a couple of years.

Unless, we have some families move in like Celina did!!!;) ;) :p :D

oops...BTW Matthew.....good article!!:thumbsup:

tuff26
05-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Can not read the preview. What all do we have coming back. I know we have most of the skill kids back and some linemen.

Greenwood will be very good next year. They return a lot more then people think. QB will be a good one that is for sure

GreenMonster
05-09-2007, 09:14 AM
I wanna be the first to say it, "Snyder is gooooooood!"

TripleH
05-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Any truth to the rumor that Day moves back to defense and the Conner kid starts at QB for Snyder this year?

tuff26
05-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Not much talk about it either way. Day did play Def after the first 3 games. Watched the Conner kid play 3 or 4 times he is a good one. Lead the JV to a 10-0 season. Played a lot in the 1st playoff game

TripleH
05-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Not much talk about it either way. Day did play Def after the first 3 games. Watched the Conner kid play 3 or 4 times he is a good one. Lead the JV to a 10-0 season. Played a lot in the 1st playoff game So, just a rumor and not going to happen then?

Black_Magic
05-09-2007, 09:24 AM
I'm already dusting the trophy case for spot where we can put the state championship trophy in December. The only thing better would be playing Sweetwater (and winning of course). Tigers will rule in 2007 You guys dont pay any mind to this:rolleyes: Is either just trying to stir some pots or does not have sence enough to know that this post provides great bulitin board material.:rolleyes:

Black_Magic
05-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Can not read the preview. What all do we have coming back. I know we have most of the skill kids back and some linemen.

Greenwood will be very good next year. They return a lot more then people think. QB will be a good one that is for sure Snyder has 9 comming back on Offense. and about 6 on D. all skill kids come back except the WR and he shared time with 2-3 other kids.

TripleH
05-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Black_Magic, can you answer the above questions? You know how coffee shop rumors can be.

tuff26
05-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by TripleH
So, just a rumor and not going to happen then?

Not sure here. Just telling you what I see. Maybe Black magic has some insight

Snyder_TigerFan
05-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Black_Magic, can you answer the above questions? You know how coffee shop rumors can be.

Rumors seem to fly at the dry cleaners too.;)

TripleH
05-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Rumors seem to fly at the dry cleaners too.;) And of course, the barber shop and beauty shop. :D

tuff26
05-09-2007, 09:42 AM
In Snyder no way there are rumors

Black_Magic
05-09-2007, 09:50 AM
well one thing is not a rumor. Snyder had a kid move in and plays WR and Corner. He was Lubbock avananch Journals player of the week last year as a Frosh..:rolleyes: So he should fit in nicely with this group and could be a playmaker for 3 years. that is no rumor.

TripleH
05-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
well one thing is not a rumor. Snyder had a kid move in and plays WR and Corner. He was Lubbock avananch Journals player of the week last year as a Frosh..:rolleyes: So he should fit in nicely with this group and could be a playmaker for 3 years. that is no rumor. So, Black_Magic, with this addition will Snyder throw more this year???

Who-dun-it!!?
05-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Any truth to the rumor that Day moves back to defense and the Conner kid starts at QB for Snyder this year?

I sure hope so. I think that will improve the passing game by 100%

SideBurnWillie
05-10-2007, 08:39 AM
In Snyder no way there are rumors

So between the coffee shop, the dry cleaners, the barber shop, the beauty shop and I will add the grocery store, the court house, the resturants, and the car lots this is just a rumor or (is it wishfull and hopefull thinking by the population of Snyder Texas). :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

goldentor
05-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Snyder will be very, very good next year. I think Greenwood will be good again, they just reload right? I think Lamesa will be better, but time will tell. Andrews will be down with a lameduck coach....alot!

Butkus
05-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Hey magic man ya never did answer tha question ya wus asked. Inquirin minds wanna know. Specially me n Bubba Joe. :D

Black_Magic
05-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Butkus
Hey magic man ya never did answer tha question ya wus asked. Inquirin minds wanna know. Specially me n Bubba Joe. :D Im not sure if the rumor is true. Are you gay or arnt you?:thinking: let us know and solve this rumor once and for all.:clap: on a serious note Will Clay has been working at QB and has a Howitzer for an arm.;)

Butkus
05-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Im not sure if the rumor is true. Are you gay or arnt you?:thinking: let us know and solve this rumor once and for all.:clap: on a serious note Will Clay has been working at QB and has a Howitzer for an arm.;) Well darn, i wuz thinkin ifin anyone would know it would be u blackie.
Now ifin ya mean gay as in happy ole Butkus usually is. Ifin ya mean gay tha other way ole Butkus will jus answer by sayin i got 4 big ole sons and 3 fine lookin daughters so i dont think i fit that description.:D

Butkus
05-11-2007, 09:13 AM
So tell us more bout this movin. Does he have tha abilities that young Dee had. And ole Butkus likes tha Will thang jus proves we dont see things tha same. Last pass i saw him throw looked lika wounded duck.;)

Black_Magic
05-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Butkus
So tell us more bout this movin. Does he have tha abilities that young Dee had. And ole Butkus likes tha Will thang jus proves we dont see things tha same. Last pass i saw him throw looked lika wounded duck.;) Shoot!! That Clay Kid is a Born QB!! You will see. He can run the option and throw like Joe Montana. as for the move in it is no rumor. He is from Sudan and was Avalanche Jounal Player of the week as a Frosh. He plays Corner and WR. He may fill a couple of gaps and contribute nicely for the next three years.;)

Butkus
05-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Shoot!! That Clay Kid is a Born QB!! You will see. He can run the option and throw like Joe Montana. as for the move in it is no rumor. He is from Sudan and was Avalanche Jounal Player of the week as a Frosh. He plays Corner and WR. He may fill a couple of gaps and contribute nicely for the next three years.;) Well i bet thats good news fur tha people that follow tha tiggers. I know i usually catch a game or 3 myself. I guess with Clay at QB will get tha see the ball in the air fur a change. :D

TripleH
05-11-2007, 11:32 AM
In Snyder no way there are rumors :rolleyes::rolleyes:

TripleH
05-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Shoot!! That Clay Kid is a Born QB!! You will see. He can run the option and throw like Joe Montana. Well, so much for useful information. I was just looking for some insight and end up with this.:nerd:

Tiger Baseball
08-16-2007, 10:31 AM

Been away from the DL most of the summer and I was clicking through old post that I missed and came across this one. To start off with I'm the father of the Conner kid. Why would there be any rumors about a change when Day took us to the third round last year. Jesse is a good QB, but I can assure you that the HC will not be making any changes at this position. You would have to be insane to make a change that propelled the team to the playoffs last year. Day has the leadership to take this team a long ways. I will assure you that Jesse and a bunch of other team mates will be a big part of this team. I wish both of these guys and the team a great season. Go Tigers!!

Snyder_TigerFan
08-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Hey TB, I assume you are going to the scrimmage Sat. morning? Can you keep us informed on how they did?

Ranger Mom
08-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
Been away from the DL most of the summer and I was clicking through old post that I missed and came across this one. To start off with I'm the father of the Conner kid. Why would there be any rumors about a change when Day took us to the third round last year. Jesse is a good QB, but I can assure you that the HC will not be making any changes at this position. You would have to be insane to make a change that propelled the team to the playoffs last year. Day has the leadership to take this team a long ways. I will assure you that Jesse and a bunch of other team mates will be a big part of this team. I wish both of these guys and the team a great season. Go Tigers!!

I'm glad that the fact that you're his father is out in the open. I didn't know if anyone knew, so I was afraid to open my big mouth and let anything be said that you didn't want said!!!

:D

Tiger Baseball
08-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Hey TB, I assume you are going to the scrimmage Sat. morning? Can you keep us informed on how they did?

I am and I will.

TripleH
08-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Been away from the DL most of the summer and I was clicking through old post that I missed and came across this one. To start off with I'm the father of the Conner kid. Why would there be any rumors about a change when Day took us to the third round last year. Jesse is a good QB, but I can assure you that the HC will not be making any changes at this position. You would have to be insane to make a change that propelled the team to the playoffs last year. Day has the leadership to take this team a long ways. I will assure you that Jesse and a bunch of other team mates will be a big part of this team. I wish both of these guys and the team a great season. Go Tigers!! Good teams are never afraid to make changes if it betters the team. I know from reading that Snyder has always had a very good running game, but has lacked the ability to throw the ball as part of their offense scheme. After hearing about your son's ability to throw the ball I had just wondered if the Tigers were going to be a much better balanced team this year. Traditionally, teams that can throw the ball as part of their offense and not just when they are in long yardage situations have had more success and have gone deeper in the playoffs then teams that are one dimensional. Just my opinion and with that and a dollar in your pocket you can probably buy yourself a good cup of coffee somewhere.

Tiger Baseball
08-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm glad that the fact that you're his father is out in the open. I didn't know if anyone knew, so I was afraid to open my big mouth and let anything be said that you didn't want said!!!

RM I think alot of people knew who I was. When I saw this, I just had to say something about it.

Ranger Mom
08-16-2007, 10:48 AM
RM I think alot of people knew who I was. When I saw this, I just had to say something about it.

You may be right, but I wasn't sure....so I wasn't gonna say anything until I did!!!:p

Tiger Baseball
08-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Good teams are never afraid to make changes if it betters the team. I know from reading that Snyder has always had a very good running game, but has lacked the ability to throw the ball as part of their offense scheme. After hearing about your son's ability to throw the ball I had just wondered if the Tigers were going to be a much better balanced team this year. Traditionally, teams that can throw the ball as part of their offense and not just when they are in long yardage situations have had more success and have gone deeper in the playoffs then teams that are one dimensional. Just my opinion and with that and a dollar in your pocket you can probably buy yourself a good cup of coffee somewhere.

Well noted opinion and maybe I can buy that cup of coffee.

DaHop72
08-16-2007, 11:37 AM
RM I think alot of people knew who I was. When I saw this, I just had to say something about it. Well I've always thought you were, oh wait you said who you are not what you are.:devil: :devil:

Tiger Baseball
08-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Well I've always thought you were, oh wait you said who you are not what you are.:devil: :devil:

Ha! You have alot a room to talk.

sectionCwannabe
08-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Ha! You have alot a room to talk.

:clap: hahaha so true!!

SideBurnWillie
08-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Good teams are never afraid to make changes if it betters the team. I know from reading that Snyder has always had a very good running game, but has lacked the ability to throw the ball as part of their offense scheme. After hearing about your son's ability to throw the ball I had just wondered if the Tigers were going to be a much better balanced team this year. Traditionally, teams that can throw the ball as part of their offense and not just when they are in long yardage situations have had more success and have gone deeper in the playoffs then teams that are one dimensional. Just my opinion and with that and a dollar in your pocket you can probably buy yourself a good cup of coffee somewhere.

Shazam! TripleH you finally had someone answer you after 3 months. :doh:

TripleH
08-24-2007, 09:10 AM
I was just wondering if anyone from Snyder went to their scrimmage last Saturday, (Surely they did) and if so how did the Tigers look. With Friendship being state ranked I figure this should have been a good measuring stick for the Tigers. Any takers?

Sweetwater Red
08-24-2007, 09:25 AM
those guys are gonna be loaded....

So was Gilmer. How'd that work out?:devil:

Snydertigersrul
08-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
So was Gilmer. How'd that work out?:devil:

Snyder scored two touchdowns, both runs by Will Clay, against Frenship in the first phase of the scrimmage. Frenship also had two TDS. In the timed quarter, Frenship scored twice and the Tigers failed to score. The Tigers played well, but work remains. It was a good showing against one of the top 4A teams.

Pmoney
08-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Snyder scored two touchdowns, both runs by Will Clay, against Frenship in the first phase of the scrimmage. Frenship also had two TDS. In the timed quarter, Frenship scored twice and the Tigers failed to score. The Tigers played well, but work remains. It was a good showing against one of the top 4A teams.
Clay only scored once...the other TD was a pass to Knipe

DaHop72
08-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
Clay only scored once...the other TD was a pass to Knipe Does Snyder have any offensive lineman this year???:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Pmoney
08-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Does Snyder have any offensive lineman this year???:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
yes great ones

DaHop72
08-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
yes great ones :D Good answer PMoney. I hear that cat that wore #51 on JV is going to be a beast to handle this year.:thumbsup:

WTF-82
08-24-2007, 11:01 PM

Snyder will be good but they want even win there district they will lose to Greenwood and will lose there opener to Monahans.
But they are a top 5 west texas team.

I have read the polls there is no way they are a top 10 team.
I dont think the Snyder people even believe it.
They are a top 25 team. I dont think right know there is any west texas team that should be a top 10 team.

Tiger Baseball
08-25-2007, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
Snyder will be good but they want even win there district they will lose to Greenwood and will lose there opener to Monahans.
But they are a top 5 west texas team.

I have read the polls there is no way they are a top 10 team.
I dont think the Snyder people even believe it.
They are a top 25 team. I dont think right know there is any west texas team that should be a top 10 team.

Guess what? You must not keep up with Greenwood. Wilber is out agian with torn acl. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

DaHop72
08-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Snyder will be good but they want even win there district they will lose to Greenwood .

I think you better crawl back in bed and wake up from your nightmare.:rolleyes:

WTF-82
08-26-2007, 12:02 AM
Guess what? You must not keep up with Greenwood. Wilber is out agian with torn acl. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Wilbur never was the diffrence 2 years ago last year or this year
you just better hope Snyder stays healthy if Clay or Day go down they will be hurting bad. Greenwood has some good players and they are a program that gets better every week whoever the qb is you see they are a respected program because what they do
couple years ago they were down big time very young and they took you tigers down to the wire. Against a Snyder team that was some kind of great then they got beat in the first round.
Dont worry some day in 10 years if they win people other than Snyder homers will give them respect like the rest of the elite 3-A programs of west texas like Sweetwater,Wylie,Greenwood,Monahans
One semi finalist team is not enough Tiger.

WTF-82
08-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Dont worry they will win 7-8 games in reg. season big improvment from there 0-4 start from last year.

DaHop72
08-26-2007, 09:10 AM

Dont worry some day in 10 years if they win people other than Snyder homers will give them respect like the rest of the elite 3-A programs of west texas like Sweetwater,Wylie,Greenwood,Monahans
One semi finalist team is not enough Tiger. Gee, I'm sorry I thought football was played one season at a time.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

charlesrixey
08-26-2007, 09:53 AM
And by the way, you guys have a problem with dust building up in your trophy case? Lol....

VERNONLION#1
08-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
So was Gilmer. How'd that work out?:devil: :D

VERNONLION#1
08-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Enter Vernon in 2006!!!