View Full Version : american idol

Bull19
05-08-2007, 07:59 PM
why is it they all suck and are ugly???

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
why is it they all suck and are ugly???

The gf is watching it and I was thinking th same thing, they all sounded awful tonight and there isn't one hott chick. I guess Jordin is alright if you like big boned chicks.:thinking:

kaorder1999
05-08-2007, 08:01 PM
have yet to see an episode this year

carter08
05-08-2007, 08:02 PM
I keep saying it.

The people on AI have NO stage precense. They stand there like a tree and just sing. Boring!

thats why I prefer Rockstar: Supernova

Emerson1
05-08-2007, 08:03 PM
They really don't need one. Can't remember the last time an American Idol winner came through town on a tour. It's all radio stuff

Bull19
05-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I keep saying it.

The people on AI have NO stage precense. They stand there like a tree and just sing. Boring!

thats why I prefer Rockstar: Supernova

too bad their will never be another rockstar: supernova

Bull19
05-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
They really don't need one. Can't remember the last time an American Idol winner came through town on a tour. It's all radio stuff ?????? :confused: :confused:

carter08
05-08-2007, 08:05 PM

There has to be some band needing a lead singer, like INXS the first season.

Rockstar is 100x better than Idol

Bull19
05-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by carter08
There has to be some band needing a lead singer, like INXS the first season.

Rockstar is 100x better than Idol

i was just be a smart a$$...i said that cause supernova found their lead singer last year, so they will never be on the show again. since the show is really called supernova:________ enter band name here

Emerson1
05-08-2007, 08:08 PM
?????? :confused: :confused:
American Idol is based all on voice. They do not rely on tours to make money, they make it all of radio plays and other appearances. Bands like rockstar supernova are in a different city every night selling out, and have to put on a good show.

Adidas410s
05-08-2007, 08:10 PM
They really don't need one. Can't remember the last time an American Idol winner came through town on a tour. It's all radio stuff

Taylor Hicks was at Nokia a few weeks ago...the day/week after Snow Patrol I thnk.

I heard on the radio yesterday that Kelly Clarkson will be at the AAC sometime in August as a headliner.

Carrie Underwood stops by Romo's place in Southlake on a fairly regular basis too...

Though not winners...Chris Daughtry and Elliot Yamin have both been through Dallas in the last 6 weeks or so...

Adidas410s
05-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I guess Jordin is alright if you like big boned chicks.:thinking:
and 17 yr olds!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bull19
05-08-2007, 08:11 PM
American Idol is based all on voice. They do not rely on tours to make money, they make it all of radio plays and other appearances. Bands like rockstar supernova are in a different city every night selling out, and have to put on a good show.

daughtry is on tour, carrie underwood is on tour, kelly c, is on tour

singers from american idol are also on tour.

Emerson1
05-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Still doesn't really matter. People will go out to see them just because they were on american idol. Most fans of that show couldn't care less as long as their voice is good.

Not true with people who would go and see supernova, it's about how good of a show they put on. Standing and singing will not get by.

That was the whole point

Bull19
05-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Still doesn't really matter. People will go out to see them just because they were on american idol. Most fans of that show couldn't care less as long as their voice is good.

Not true with people who would go and see supernova, it's about how good of a show they put on. Standing and singing will not get by.

That was the whole point

your point sucks........i never heard of carrie underwood till i saw her on cmt last year and i fell in love with her,,puts on a good show and can sing and looks very good......daughtry doesnt just stand and sing, they put on a show, all do cause they have bands backing them up live, they just dont karoke like they do on television

you think people would go see supernova if they hadnt been on t.v.???? hell no because they get no radio play and nobody would have never heard of them.

44INAROW
05-08-2007, 08:36 PM

I wish they'd do something like that again though, I really enjoyed watching that show:(

VanKampen
05-08-2007, 09:01 PM
you think people would go see supernova if they hadnt been on t.v.???? hell no because they get no radio play and nobody would have never heard of them.

whose fault is that? corporate america. radio stations like 99.5 out of san antonio are restricted from playing new music by bands people want to hear because all the companies that run the rock radio stations must want to go off the air so we can only listen to stupid hip hop and American Idol suckfests.

CHS_CG
05-09-2007, 07:45 AM
I am a fan of both American Idol and Rockstar but I have to agree last night Rockstar could have blown Idol out of the water... I dont think any of them did very well and the music wasnt "my type" I would listen to. Speakin of Rockstar... are they doing it again this year?

Fotbol
05-09-2007, 08:22 AM
why is it they all suck and are ugly??? I think everyone is cute on the show :cool:

Ranger Mom
05-09-2007, 08:40 AM
I have never missed an episode of American Idol in 6 years......and last nights was the most boring one I have ever seen....and I have always liked the Bee Gees.

That being said, Chris Daughtry was here a couple of months ago and then in Lubbock the next night....from what I hear, he puts on a pretty good show.

BuffyMars
05-09-2007, 10:05 AM
If Blake loses tonight by 1 vote, I'ma be mega-pissed! :mad:

I fell asleep before 10....this getting old crap has got to go! I was actually going to vote for Blake.

Because the other 3 are too safe, IMO....they are boring. :hand: Good singers, but boring.

CHS_CG
05-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
If Blake loses tonight by 1 vote, I'ma be mega-pissed! :mad:

I fell asleep before 10....this getting old crap has got to go! I was actually going to vote for Blake.

Because the other 3 are too safe, IMO....they are boring. :hand: Good singers, but boring.

I also voted last night and voted for blake (the first time i voted all season) and everytime i called i got through.. i was hanging up and redialin as fast as my phone would go... so i hope thats not a bad sign. I like blake the best.. Randy said he didnt have to beatbox to everything but there for a while he wasnt and its nice to see it back.. I personally think all he was trying to do last night was put a spin on 2 rather boring songs(tech a rather boring theme to the night as well)

Ranger Mom
05-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I also voted last night and voted for blake (the first time i voted all season) and everytime i called i got through.. i was hanging up and redialin as fast as my phone would go... so i hope thats not a bad sign. I like blake the best.. Randy said he didnt have to beatbox to everything but there for a while he wasnt and its nice to see it back.. I personally think all he was trying to do last night was put a spin on 2 rather boring songs(tech a rather boring theme to the night as well)

When he went a few weeks without beat boxing, Randy said he missed it.....they are all so full of crap!!!

Remember a couple of years ago when you were getting through for Carrie Underwood every single time you called and I was NEVER able to get through???

CHS_CG
05-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
When he went a few weeks without beat boxing, Randy said he missed it.....they are all so full of crap!!!

Remember a couple of years ago when you were getting through for Carrie Underwood every single time you called and I was NEVER able to get through???

Yes lol I was laughin my @ss off bc i had my house phone and cell phone just goin and you were like.. STOP IT I CANT GET THROUGH

Txbroadcaster
05-09-2007, 10:29 AM
The big problem I had with the judges on Blake was

The audience LOVED his first performace..I think it got the biggest reaction of the night..Then the judges trash it...Who will the voters remember? The Crowd's reaction or the judges?

Ranger Mom
05-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The big problem I had with the judges on Blake was

The audience LOVED his first performace..I think it got the biggest reaction of the night..Then the judges trash it...Who will the voters remember? The Crowd's reaction or the judges?

I think when they get to the top 12...they should do away with the judges!!

Or at least let them critique them in private....but that will never happen...everyone wants to hear what Simon has to say so they can boo him!!:D :D