PDA

View Full Version : Lost

Buccaneer
05-08-2007, 05:30 PM
The End is in Sight!

ABC has announced that the end in indeed in sight and the magic number is 48 - 48 more episodes of Lost. The show will continue for three more seasons, consisting of 16 episodes apiece. Following the May 23 finale, the series is set to return early next year with 16 rerun-free episodes.

carter08
05-08-2007, 05:32 PM
rerun-free
yea right
thats not gonna happen

Emerson1
05-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by carter08
rerun-free
yea right
thats not gonna happen
Uhm, that is what they did this season

carter08
05-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Uhm, that is what they did this season

really???

I never watch Lost

theyoefnshow
05-08-2007, 07:58 PM
no they didn't. they did a few episodes straight in the fall and came back in spring and have had no reruns and won't until the season finale. I have to say that 3 more seasons is a bit much UNLESS they get off the island in season 5 and season 6 shows what happens to each survivor. BTW, I hope Jack is killed off.

maestro
05-08-2007, 08:21 PM
three more seasons does surprise me also.

but i'll not doubt the writers.......there are plenty of twists and turns....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
The End is in Sight!

ABC has announced that the end in indeed in sight and the magic number is 48 - 48 more episodes of Lost. The show will continue for three more seasons, consisting of 16 episodes apiece. Following the May 23 finale, the series is set to return early next year with 16 rerun-free episodes.

Early next year? What the crap, that's a long time. I just got caught all the way up. :mad:

theyoefnshow
05-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Early next year? What the crap, that's a long time. I just got caught all the way up. :mad:

Umm....they only do one season per year dude.

Technically it's still 2004 on the island. November-ish I believe.
I don't know. They kill off on average 2 - 3 main players per season. I don't count Paulo and that chick from a few weeks back. All the "Tailies" are dead. Charlie is obviously on the way out, as is Sun......

Of the major cast, that leaves Jack, Sawyer, Kate, Michael, Walt, Hurley, Locke, Claire, Jin, Sayid & Desmond. Then of course that French chick and all the Others. f those listed, I can't see them offing Michael or Walt as soon as the come back....Hurley is too much of a fan favorite as is Locke. Claire has her kid....Sayid is too useful....that would leave Jin & Desmond. Jack, Sawyer & Kate will probably last the whole series. The writing is ok but it just seems they are doing it on the fly and the creators have no clue where it is going to end. This season should end with a big cliffhanger involving that broad that Jack is hanging out with and maybe even the death of Ben. Then maybe next season we'll find out who the real leader of the Others is. Oh and I got money saying that the guy that "came back from the dead" wasn't really him. It was ol Smokey testing those guys out. Charlie didn't do so well.....

JasperDog94
05-09-2007, 10:39 AM
16 episodes a season? That's a very short season.:mad: :mad: :mad:

pirate4state
05-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
Umm....they only do one season per year dude.

Technically it's still 2004 on the island. November-ish I believe.
I don't know. They kill off on average 2 - 3 main players per season. I don't count Paulo and that chick from a few weeks back. All the "Tailies" are dead. Charlie is obviously on the way out, as is Sun......

Of the major cast, that leaves Jack, Sawyer, Kate, Michael, Walt, Hurley, Locke, Claire, Jin, Sayid & Desmond. Then of course that French chick and all the Others. f those listed, I can't see them offing Michael or Walt as soon as the come back....Hurley is too much of a fan favorite as is Locke. Claire has her kid....Sayid is too useful....that would leave Jin & Desmond. Jack, Sawyer & Kate will probably last the whole series. The writing is ok but it just seems they are doing it on the fly and the creators have no clue where it is going to end. This season should end with a big cliffhanger involving that broad that Jack is hanging out with and maybe even the death of Ben. Then maybe next season we'll find out who the real leader of the Others is. Oh and I got money saying that the guy that "came back from the dead" wasn't really him. It was ol Smokey testing those guys out. Charlie didn't do so well.....

WHOA .....

As long as Sawyer is on the show until the final episode :inlove:

JD94 - Agreed 16 episodes is not enough!! :mad:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-09-2007, 11:47 AM
I just got finished watching from the beginning of Season 1 to right now. I had never watched the show until about a month ago, but I'm hooked now.

JasperDog94
05-09-2007, 11:56 AM
I just got finished watching from the beginning of Season 1 to right now. I had never watched the show until about a month ago, but I'm hooked now. Welcome to the club.;)

JasperDog94
05-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
JD94 - Agreed 16 episodes is not enough!! :mad: They're just going to show Lost during sweeps. February through May.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

pirate4state
05-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
They're just going to show Lost during sweeps. February through May.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: WHAT??? Torture!

VanKampen
05-09-2007, 02:08 PM
i heard that all the people on Lost really are in purgatory and are waiting to find out whether they're going to heaven or hell. i also heard another interesting idea. they are all part of someone's imagination thats in a psych ward.

Buccaneer
05-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by VanKampen
i heard that all the people on Lost really are in purgatory and are waiting to find out whether they're going to heaven or hell. i also heard another interesting idea. they are all part of someone's imagination thats in a psych ward.

St. Elsewhere?

Emerson1
05-09-2007, 04:16 PM

One day Ashton Kutcher is gonna run in on Kate and tell her it was all a big joke and everyone is an actor

pirate4state
05-09-2007, 04:21 PM
One day Ashton Kutcher is gonna run in on Kate and tell her it was all a big joke and everyone is an actor hee hee

theyoefnshow
05-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Purgatory has been suggested from day 1 but the writers have promised that IT IS NOT purgatory. That'd be a pretty big cop out imo

Phantom Stang
05-09-2007, 04:26 PM
There's also been speculation that it's an RPG video game.

Phantom Stang
05-09-2007, 04:28 PM
One day Ashton Kutcher is gonna run in on Kate and tell her it was all a big joke and everyone is an actor
That prediction is as good as any.:D

maestro
05-09-2007, 10:25 PM
hurley had those weird dreams while in the psyc ward..

:)

we're all living in hurley's dream...

:)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Yeah, but why would we have side stories that Hurley doesn't even know about happening off in the background and that he probably won't know about? That suggestion doesn't hold a lot of water.

Phantom Stang
05-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Purgatory has been suggested from day 1 but the writers have promised that IT IS NOT purgatory. That'd be a pretty big cop out imo
Yeah, but dead people keep showing up walking and talking.:thinking:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-09-2007, 11:28 PM

Why would Walt and other kids be in purgatory, and why would Ben be raised in purgatory?

pirate4state
05-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Last nights episode blew me away!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Snyder_TigerFan
05-10-2007, 08:57 AM
Last nights episode blew me away!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

It was great!:thumbsup: Best episode they've had in a while.

theyoefnshow
05-10-2007, 01:43 PM
well I was almost right. I did say whoever Ben answers to would be shown shortly. pretty odd that none of the Others worked for Dharma. I guess we can assume that winnebego that Hurly and the crew found (the one with all the beer) was the one that had Ben's dead father in it?

JHS_c/o_06'
05-10-2007, 02:26 PM
my question....is how was the doctor that talked Juliet into coming to the island the same age as he is now as when Ben was a kid.....or was i the only one who caught onto that?

JasperDog94
05-10-2007, 02:28 PM
pretty odd that none of the Others worked for Dharma. Unless the "Hostiles" originally worked for Dharma and wanted to to rogue experiments and were kicked out of the safety zone.

pirate4state
05-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
my question....is how was the doctor that talked Juliet into coming to the island the same age as he is now as when Ben was a kid.....or was i the only one who caught onto that? No, I caught that too and was like WTH?

JasperDog94
05-10-2007, 02:35 PM
No, I caught that too and was like WTH? It's the effect of the island man.:D

pirate4state
05-10-2007, 02:36 PM
It's the effect of the island man.:D That is some special island!! You can't age, but be careful if you get knocked up!! LOL

JasperDog94
05-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Why would Walt and other kids be in purgatory, and why would Ben be raised in purgatory? I can't explain Ben, but remember that they take the kids away because "they are innocent" or something to that effect.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-10-2007, 03:11 PM
well I was almost right. I did say whoever Ben answers to would be shown shortly. pretty odd that none of the Others worked for Dharma. I guess we can assume that winnebego that Hurly and the crew found (the one with all the beer) was the one that had Ben's dead father in it?

Well, seeing as how the dead man had "Roger" written on his uniform and "Work Man" written right below it, I would have to say that is Roger, either that or someone stole his work uniform...

theyoefnshow
05-10-2007, 03:11 PM
my wife noticed the age thing before I did. But that guy seems legit. he told Locke been wasn't working out but he is the one who took him in say 20 years ago....maybe more. plus Ben is pissed that he can't see or hear Jacob. somewhere Ben has gone wrong but yet he seems ahead of the guy yhat originally recruited him.

anyway, I'm waiting on Sayid to beat Jack's ass.

theyoefnshow
05-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Well, seeing as how the dead man had "Roger" written on his uniform and "Work Man" written right below it, I would have to say that is Roger, either that or someone stole his work uniform... dude that was a month ago. no way I remember what that tag said lol

pirate4state
05-10-2007, 03:17 PM
my wife noticed the age thing before I did. But that guy seems legit. he told Locke been wasn't working out but he is the one who took him in say 20 years ago....maybe more. plus Ben is pissed that he can't see or hear Jacob. somewhere Ben has gone wrong but yet he seems ahead of the guy yhat originally recruited him.

anyway, I'm waiting on Sayid to beat Jack's ass. :confused: I thought Ben could see Jacob? Or was that an act he put on for Locke last night? Damn, I'm gonna have to watch it again. :twitch:

and.....let me get this straight --- Juliette is double crossing her people and we are suppose to believe that she & Jack cooked up this plan BEFORE she was hand cuffed to Kate? :confused:

Phantom Stang
05-10-2007, 03:48 PM
It's the effect of the island man.:D
I was thinking the same thing(about the recruiter not aging). That is, until I realized Ben's father seemed to age normally, if not faster than normal.

theyoefnshow
05-10-2007, 05:23 PM
IF Juliette is sincere, its because she realizes how screwed the castaways are and know what they are against....and she wants Jack. I think when she did the ultrasound she decided to turn on them after that one last task.

I don't think Ben was able to see Jacob. that is why he was upset with Locke. jealousy. but why did that one guy give Locke a gun though...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-10-2007, 06:14 PM
dude that was a month ago. no way I remember what that tag said lol

That was a few days ago for me, I just started watching Lost from the beginning a month ago and caught up all the way on Monday, so I remember it well.

JasperDog94
05-11-2007, 05:36 PM
I don't think Ben was able to see Jacob. that is why he was upset with Locke. jealousy. but why did that one guy give Locke a gun though... That was Ben's daughter that gave Locke the gun. I guess she knew that her dad was going to kill Locke.:(