PDA

View Full Version : LG Coach Tony V.

oldbuff78
12-02-2002, 02:54 PM
Is LG willing to fork out the bucks to keep Tony or are they going to let him get away? I understand people in LG don't realy like him and I know how he can be. But is he worth big bucks to LG? Give me some feedback, this is always a big deal at the 3a level.

Pudlugger
12-02-2002, 11:46 PM
Coach V is one of the most successful coaches in Texas high school football right now. I will say that those who know him well, and watch how much time effort and concern he puts into his work with the players, other coaches and community, have great respect and admiration for him. Like anyone who makes big changes in a small tight nit community like La Grange, he will have detractors. Bottom line, despite his critics, Coach V. knows how to develop a winning tradition. I hope he stays because I feel his work here is not yet done. However, a man needs to do what is right for himself and his family. La Grange should do what they can to retain him, but if he gets an offer from a bigger program, 4a or 5a I would understand if he took it. That's how it is in the coaching world. Whatever happens, I am grateful for his contribution as a parent as well as a member of this community.