PDA

View Full Version : La Grange 23- Hempstead 2

Pudlugger
09-28-2002, 08:58 AM
Another good showing from La Grange.

c-town_balla
09-28-2002, 10:32 PM
and that fact still stands....everyone knows watermelons and fords are cheaper in Hempstead

Pudlugger
09-29-2002, 08:59 AM
Look, If your post is some sort of slur against Hempstead I think it is unfair and inappropriate. This Hempstead team plays with great intensity. True there was some dirty hits and trash talking and one kid got flagged for punching our lb after he was down on a kick return, but I give credit to Hempstead coaches and players for having heart. There were fewer people in the home team stands for Hempstead than turn out for La Grange away JV games, mostly players families and relatives plus a small but good band. Without much community support these kids are managing to play darn good football staying close to tough teams like La Grange for 2 quarters. and going 2-3 so far. They will win 2 maybe three more games and will not end up last in their district. Discipline is the key and I think their coaches are working on that as they formed up well in pre-game and after the game and did calesthenics! If they can convince these kids to not trash talk and save the rough stuff for legitimate hits they will start winning consistantly. As for community support, there should be some greater effort from community leaders, school and booster members to turn out for there games. The Bobcats played hard and gave those that did show up a good game.

punt
09-29-2002, 05:30 PM
Thanks Pudlugger for the kind words. The staff is working hard to build a good program and good sports is definitely a part of it. It is very frustrating to play teams week after week that are playoff bound but the guys are doing their best. Any trash talk or late hits are due to frustration and thats not the way things will be in Hempstead. Our pre district schedule has been a nightmare. Still got Bellville, Sealy and Columbus to play in district. Good luck to LaGrange.

Pudlugger
09-29-2002, 09:26 PM
Good luck to ya'll too! Ya'll should win at least one of those three games, catch someone sleeping (how do you like my signature?)

punt
09-29-2002, 09:40 PM
Thats good, but the Leopards definitely aren't a sleeper! Who is your next victim?

Pudlugger
09-29-2002, 09:42 PM
punt:
Thats good, but the Leopards definitely aren't a sleeper! Who is your next victim?You're right, that was cuz we have an off week. How's this instead?