PDA

View Full Version : Haven't been around in awhile, here's a little WTAMU update...

football4life
05-07-2007, 07:59 PM
it's sadly been several weeks since i have visited the d'low, I'm sure I have missed out on quite a bit. We just finished up spring workouts here at west texas, and it went really well. If there are any WT fans out there in the panhandle area, you need to mark down on your schedule august 30, 7pm, which is when WT will take on South Dakota State to open the season. SDSU finished ranked 13 in the nation, and was beat out by eventual champ Grand Valley State, and we are told they return close to 20 starters. We should defninitely pack the house, and approach that mythical 23,000+ attendance record from two seasons ago. hope to keep a more regular attendance here for awhile now, peace.

Adidas410s
05-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Where do you stand on the depth chart?

How odd for you to show up since Injured was asking about you within the last hour!!! :eek:

injuredinmelee
05-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by football4life
it's sadly been several weeks since i have visited the d'low, I'm sure I have missed out on quite a bit. We just finished up spring workouts here at west texas, and it went really well. If there are any WT fans out there in the panhandle area, you need to mark down on your schedule august 30, 7pm, which is when WT will take on South Dakota State to open the season. SDSU finished ranked 13 in the nation, and was beat out by eventual champ Grand Valley State, and we are told they return close to 20 starters. We should defninitely pack the house, and approach that mythical 23,000+ attendance record from two seasons ago. hope to keep a more regular attendance here for awhile now, peace.

i thought you were at Tech my bad man. I will have to check ya out when you play ACU this year.

wildstangs
05-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
i thought you were at Tech my bad man. I will have to check ya out when you play ACU this year.

I think he was at LCU....Didnt know you had moved up to WTAMU. Great turn around they have going up there. Always good to see a team from the Panhandle do great things (Except TT) :)

Spaceman_Spiff
05-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Good luck against SDSU...I will be at the games in Abilene and Stephenville, and hopefully one other game. I coached a couple of the kids that play for WT. They come by the weightroom and the house when they are in town...great kids, and were very good High School Football players.

3afan
05-08-2007, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by football4life

I think you mean U. of SD, not SD State ;)

football4life
05-08-2007, 09:41 AM
well i was at LCU, didn't want to do baseball, got a job, didn't like that, and decided to go back to football. I transferred up here for the spring. Hopefully I will redshirt in the fall, I have a senior and two juinors in front of my right now at inside receiver. thats crazy that injured was wondering, i was taking a break to mess around and thought i would stop in real quick. U of SDS or whatever :p . And WT has made a huge turnaround, even though i'm from here so it's not that big a deal, there really is a huge following that has been resurrected. also it looks like we will be going down to lubbock throughout the summer to go skelly against Tech, since we do run their offense play for play nearly.