PDA

View Full Version : Needville teen admits to setting school fire

luvhoops34
05-07-2007, 07:06 PM
May 7, 2007, 11:28AM
Attorney: Needville teen admits to setting school fire

By ERIC HANSON
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

RICHMOND — A 16-year-old Needville High School student has admitted to setting a fire that destroyed the school's administrative offices and damaged a science wing last month, according to the boy's attorney.

The boy, whose name was not released because he is a juvenile, went to the Fort Bend Courthouse this morning accompanied by his attorney, Steve Rocket Rosen, of Houston.

Rosen said the teen, who lives in Needville, was giving investigators a statement about the early morning April 24 fire.

The youth will probably be taken into custody Tuesday, Rosen said.

The attorney said he did not want to discuss a motive for the blaze but said it had nothing to do with the state-mandated TAKS tests. The tests, which were administered to students last month, burned in the blaze. Students are having to re-take the tests.

Fort Bend County Fire Marshal Vance Cooper said the blaze started in two separate locations — the back door of the science wing and the principal's office.

Needville High School have since returned to school on a staggered schedule.

injuredinmelee
05-07-2007, 07:20 PM
I remember the grief caused when some delinquents set the Jr. High at Wylie on fire. It was a bad deal and it was early pretty early in the school year. I will never forget walking through the charred remains of the building the afternoon after. I didnt breathe correctly for a week.

coach_in_red
05-09-2007, 02:35 PM
I think it is sad that a 'child' would go to such measures as to burn a school down. I won't sit here and BS...I believe he should stand trial as an adult. He committed an adult crime and many people could have been hurt. We are fortunate that no one was hurt (other than the one fire fighter).

The news talks about the boys feelings and emotions---WHO CARES! Society needs to look more at the VICTIMS & their feelings! Why does everyone always want to look at the 'perp' in these situations......... and feel so sorry for them... I don't think he was feeling sorrow for anyone. I don't think he was thinking at all when he was searching for people to help him commit this crime.
PARENTS--PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR KIDS! GET THEM HELP IF THEY NEED IT OR BETTER YET---BE A PARENT! NOT A FRIEND!

You do the crime, you need to do the time!!!!

pirate4state
05-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by coach_in_red
I think it is sad that a 'child' would go to such measures as to burn a school down. I won't sit here and BS...I believe he should stand trial as an adult. He committed an adult crime and many people could have been hurt. We are fortunate that no one was hurt (other than the one fire fighter).

The news talks about the boys feelings and emotions---WHO CARES! Society needs to look more at the VICTIMS & their feelings! Why does everyone always want to look at the 'perp' in these situations......... and feel so sorry for them... I don't think he was feeling sorrow for anyone. I don't think he was thinking at all when he was searching for people to help him commit this crime.
PARENTS--PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR KIDS! GET THEM HELP IF THEY NEED IT OR BETTER YET---BE A PARENT! NOT A FRIEND!

AMEN!!! :clap: :clap:

coach_in_red
05-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
AMEN!!! :clap: :clap:

Thanks for the support!!!!
Let me add---I think this kid needs help, but he also needs to be held accountable. He should not be let off because he has 'mental' issues. HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING! HE PLANNED IT!

pirate4state
05-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the support!!!!
Let me add---I think this kid needs help, but he also needs to be held accountable. He should not be let off because he has 'mental' issues. HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING! HE PLANNED IT! Agreed.

LH Panther Mom
05-09-2007, 02:56 PM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

burnet44
05-09-2007, 03:12 PM
i agree

the problem in this country is this
crime and punishment

high crime low punishment

they both go hand in hand

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-09-2007, 04:04 PM
I've never understood why you burn a school down, it seems to happen a good bit. Wylie, Lakeview in San Angelo, this one, just to name a few.

coach_in_red
05-10-2007, 08:15 AM
My biggest question is WHY? What was his reason behind it....
Was it a TAKS thing----Was it the bond issue----or was it just something to do in a small town like Needville??
But--then again does it really matter WHY?? I would just like to know his reason so I could say 'OHHHHHH'