PDA

View Full Version : Last night

BuffyMars
05-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Terry and I were watching Reno 911, and Deputy Davis was trying to catch an internet predator at the station, and he is typing using one finger and using all of this computer jargon.

Like: F2F (face to face), LOL (laugh out loud--that is computer talk), BFF (Best friends forever), BF (boyfriend)....etc etc etc.

And then he types out QT and I swear to you....Terry made me LOL--that is computer talk--when he asked me what QT meant.

I just looked at him, and he went, "What?!?!" And I said, "QT.....Cutie." I guess I thought it was pretty self-explanatory. :nerd:

He died laughing much like I did. Needless to say we enjoyed his blonde moment.

Because we are both the 1st to admit we use basic computer lingo....but I don't go out of my way to type things like QT or BF or F2F. I am not completely lazy.

AP Panther Fan
05-07-2007, 04:36 PM
lol...have you seen the commercial with the mom questioning a little girl about her text message bill and who she is talking to so much?

IDK, my BFF Jill?

:D

44INAROW
05-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
lol...have you seen the commercial with the mom questioning a little girl about her text message bill and who she is talking to so much?

IDK, my BFF Jill?

that mom plays on my favorite soap opera lol........... GL aka Guiding Light........

funny commercial

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Terry and I were watching Reno 911, and Deputy Davis was trying to catch an internet predator at the station, and he is typing using one finger and using all of this computer jargon.

Like: F2F (face to face), LOL (laugh out loud--that is computer talk), BFF (Best friends forever), BF (boyfriend)....etc etc etc.

And then he types out QT and I swear to you....Terry made me LOL--that is computer talk--when he asked me what QT meant.

I just looked at him, and he went, "What?!?!" And I said, "QT.....Cutie." I guess I thought it was pretty self-explanatory. :nerd:

He died laughing much like I did. Needless to say we enjoyed his blonde moment.

Because we are both the 1st to admit we use basic computer lingo....but I don't go out of my way to type things like QT or BF or F2F. I am not completely lazy.

I hate it when people use "LOL."

Old Tiger
05-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I hate it when people use "LOL." lol, why?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
lol, why?

It's a stupid expression and people use it even when something isn't that funny, plus, it's not like it's hard to type out haha.

Old Tiger
05-07-2007, 04:42 PM
It's a stupid expression and people use it even when something isn't that funny, plus, it's not like it's hard to type out haha. 3 < 4 :D

SintonFan
05-07-2007, 04:43 PM
It's a stupid expression and people use it even when something isn't that funny, plus, it's not like it's hard to type out haha.
ROFL!

Ranger Mom
05-07-2007, 04:44 PM

ROFL!! That made me LOL and LMAO!!:D :p

pirate4state
05-07-2007, 04:46 PM
It's a stupid expression and people use it even when something isn't that funny, plus, it's not like it's hard to type out haha. Holy crap...you must always be annoyed with me during our IMs, but now that you mention it...I see you type hahaha and then I follow suit...:thinking: :thinking:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Holy crap...you must always be annoyed with me during our IMs, but now that you mention it...I see you type hahaha and then I follow suit...:thinking: :thinking:

It's not just you, it's everyone that I talk to, pretty much. It doesn't bother me, but I see it and I kinda sigh every now and then.

SintonFan
05-07-2007, 04:48 PM
It's not just you, it's everyone that I talk to, pretty much. It doesn't bother me, but I see it and I kinda sigh every now and then.
*ehh*:p

crzyjournalist03
05-07-2007, 04:49 PM
maybe it's just me, but when I open a thread called "last night", nerdy computer lingo is NOT what I expect to read about...

BuffyMars
05-07-2007, 04:53 PM
That commercial is funny.

But I use lol, LOL, ROFL, haha, BWHAHAHA, Muahahaha, etc etc. depending on the funny. :)

Its all relative.

And my little LOL--that is computer talk line is from Monk. Terry and I can't help but quote that now eveytime we say LOL--that is computer talk.

I guess you just have to see the episode to love the humor behind it.

BuffyMars
05-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
maybe it's just me, but when I open a thread called "last night", nerdy computer lingo is NOT what I expect to read about...

HAHAHA!! good point! :D

big daddy russ
05-07-2007, 05:11 PM
LOL, that's cute.

carter08
05-07-2007, 05:44 PM
i hate when you talk to someone and all they say is lol

haha is better