PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill - Coldspring score Please

classof 85
10-26-2002, 06:33 PM
Can anyone give the score of this game or do they play tonight?

Eagles52
10-26-2002, 10:16 PM
I was told it was somethin along the lines of 48-20, a dominant Eagle victory

RBARKER
10-26-2002, 10:22 PM
Any details would be appreciated please give me me a run down. Man if that is true that is a great win by the Eagles THANKS

classof 85
10-26-2002, 10:51 PM
Excellent win, Did they play last night or tonight?
I couldn't find anything in any of the newspapers today about this game.

RBARKER
10-26-2002, 10:54 PM
They played tonight at Spring ISD stadium.

ThSwedish
10-26-2002, 11:35 PM
Indeed, Barbers Hill did win.. If you could call such a game a victory... The Eagles dominated both ground and sky in the massacring of the Cold Spring "Trojans". Good job Eagles, District is now yours.

RBARKER
10-26-2002, 11:38 PM
How about a verified score and DETAILS. please wink

LLEDASF
10-26-2002, 11:40 PM
The Hill dominated in all aspects of the game. The defense caused numerous turnovers, both fumbles and interceptions. The offense pretty much did whatever they wanted. They ran the ball well, and passed the ball well. I think they were probably keying in on Carrington, and that opened up big opportunities for Northcutt, who I would guess had to have 100+ rushing yards. Cummings also ran and caught the ball well. It was a very dominating victory for the Eagles.

LLEDASF
10-26-2002, 11:44 PM
RBARKER:
How about a verified score and DETAILS. please wink The final was officially 48-20.

FBmania
10-27-2002, 12:15 AM
What a game! Way to go Eagles! Before I go into the praise of the BH Eagles, I would like to say to the Trojans, you guys have a good team. Tons and tons of speed. On a dry turf field man it would have made this game more interesting. Other than one play on a very late hit, the game was clean and hard hitting. Coldspring has a very classy team. I did not see any thing lucky about them. You can only contain loads of speed for so long, but eventually it is gonna hurt you. My hats off to the Trojans you have a good team and represent our ditrict well. #3,7,and that workhorse 29 are some dangerous athletes.
But those Eagles were awesome tonight. I'll start off by saying the whole team played well. Offense, defense, special teams. Everyone played great. Awesome job taking care of district guys.

Keep rollin' Eagles!!!

<small>[ October 27, 2002, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

BHtheHILL
10-27-2002, 12:22 AM
Congratulations Eagles to a well deserved victory.
Yall totally dominated a very respectful team. Looks like we are hitting on all cylinders now. Lets mop up the next two games and get ready for the playoffs!

bheagledad22
10-27-2002, 12:31 AM
both northcutt an carrington oner 100 yards rushing. northcutt 124 and 1 touchdown. and carrington 128 and four touchdowns.

FBmania
10-27-2002, 12:37 AM
[OOPS!

<small>[ October 27, 2002, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

FBmania
10-27-2002, 12:43 AM
bheagledad22:
both northcutt an carrington oner 100 yards rushing. northcutt 124 and 1 touchdown. and carrington 128 and four touchdowns.Are you that loud guy in the stands? :D #44 great game as well as #18,85. How about that defense? I think #40 is a big bully. I'd like to see him go up against someone like me back when I played. I'd knock him right out of the game. :D :D What do you think 40? Want a piece of me towboy? No! That's what I thought.

LLEDASF
10-27-2002, 12:51 AM
Hey QBKilla, I know you will be getting on here in a little while. Did they call an illegal block on you when you waylayed that guy on that intercetion return. That was an awesome legit block. Great game by the whole defense. I don't think Coldspring had been hit like that all year.

QBKilla
10-27-2002, 01:13 AM
They initially called it a block in the back but then waved it off after our coaches ripped into them. I hit him in the numbers, so I didn't know what the big fuss was about. They ended up calling some kind of penalty on Coldspring before it was all over with. Thanks to everyone that made the game, we appreciate it.

BH_146
10-27-2002, 09:01 AM
Great Game 40 but sorry they didn't wave off the flag. Your flag cost 10 but when the Coldspring coach rushed the up to the official out on the field without calling time, they hit him with 15. The refs didn't mark both off so we only saw them marking off the 5 yard difference. Their coach thought interference should have been called. But from my view, ball was so far overthrown that it looked like it was intended for our safety.

bheagledad22
10-27-2002, 09:56 AM
Good game QBkilla. I bet ya they are lickin' their wounds this morning. They finally ran into a football team worth playin'. Go Eagles.

bheagledad22
10-27-2002, 10:11 AM
With James Northcutt performance, he diffiently deserve the Baytown Sun's Athlete of the Week. Way to go Big Northcutt.

QBKilla
10-27-2002, 01:41 PM
#22 (4.34) + #44 (4.30) + #16 (4.49) = 48 points and a BH win.

QBKilla
10-27-2002, 01:45 PM
Speaking of the Baytown Sun, bheagledad22, that was a kind of crappy article. You would figure we would get a little more coverage than that with it being a Saturday game and for the District Championship. The Huntsville Item had a very nice article though.

QBKilla
10-27-2002, 02:07 PM
<small>[ October 27, 2002, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: QBKilla ]</small>

BH_146
10-27-2002, 04:23 PM
QBKilla, What was the problem with the Sun's article? Yes, it was on page 3 but I'm sure that is because they were unsure of whether the story would make deadline. You know the game did end at 10 and we were quite a distance from home. The reporter probably e-mailed the article and they edited it to fit the space available before publishing. As far as the Item article, I'm sure they appreciate the effort by the reporter but it was very rambling. That story make it appear that Coldspring handed us the game instead of us winning it. The Sun writer gave stats throughout the article and mentioned several game standouts for Barbers Hill. And who handed us the district championship with two game to go? Also there can be more problems within a game if you don't respect your opponent.

FBmania
10-27-2002, 04:55 PM
BH_146:
QBKilla, What was the problem with the Sun's article? Yes, it was on page 3 but I'm sure that is because they were unsure of whether the story would make deadline. You know the game did end at 10 and we were quite a distance from home. The reporter probably e-mailed the article and they edited it to fit the space available before publishing. As far as the Item article, I'm sure they appreciate the effort by the reporter but it was very rambling. That story make it appear that Coldspring handed us the game instead of us winning it. The Sun writer gave stats throughout the article and mentioned several game standouts for Barbers Hill. And who handed us the district championship with two game to go? Also there can be more problems within a game if you don't respect your opponent.BH146 I'm sorry but I have to go with 40 on this one. What was his( sports writer) excuse last week?
Last week's Baytown Sun article was pretty pathetic also. It's ashame that to get a positive article it takes A newspaper that doesn't ordinarily cover us. I won't call his name out but his articles have had an obvious slant the other way here recently.
A big thank you to the Huntsville Item for their coverage. We appreciate it.
And I don't think any one has said anything that could be considered direspectful to our remaining opponents. We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this subject!

Old Cardinal
10-27-2002, 07:09 PM
Confratulations to BH on a big win-4 TD's is a big win against a good Coldspring unit.

BH_146
10-27-2002, 10:16 PM
FBmania, you are entitled to your opinion of the coverage of the Sun but I believe that is all you are offering in your degradation of their coverage. No, he does not give a Rah-Rah coverage of the Hill. He covers us as a favor. Without his coverage, we may not get regular coverage. Many of our area schools have volunteers (stringers) who have covered their team for several years. We have had no one sign-on to do this for BH on a year-to-year basis. As far as the person who has written the articles lately, his articles for the most part reflect a game summary.

On your comment about the Item's coverage: They were there to cover Coldspring. The writer has covered them for several years. If we were not playing the Trojans, the Item would not have been there even if we were playing in Huntsville. If you think it was positive of us, then okay. But here is how I read the article; if there defender doesn't slip down then the Northcutt to Cummings TD pass wouldn't have happened (even though there were 2 receivers open on the play). He said we ran a hurry up offense. Evidently, he didn't hear some of our fans opinions on that matter. I also believe the inference by the writer happened to be that the fumbles were given to us not stripped by our tacklers. Yes, he did say that we were the Trojans toughest opponent and that we had strong performances on both sides of the ball. I don't think he was trying to be kind to us but saying those things in trying soften the loss. Because I believe the fumbles were caused by tackles, Northcutt would have hit the other reciever if he needed to and we didn't run a hurry up offense that confused the Trojans but had excellent blocking. But like you, all of this is my opinion.

FBmania
10-27-2002, 10:44 PM
BH146 you just made the point that I wanted to make. You are correct the Huntsville writer was there to cover the game for COLDSPRING, and yes he did maybe soften the loss for them and in doing so BH still recieved favorable coverage. On the other hand we get stats for this week from the writer covering our game for us. Now, last week the writer covering the game for us after a win for us made it look like it was basically luck that won the game for us and Liberty did everything but win the game. Nothing really on how BH did what it took to win the game. But he did mention how the team that in his opinion just dominated us showed the rest of the district the blueprint on how to BEAT BH. Well it's obvious they didn't share it with CT. And you're right it is just my opinion and as long as he gives us coverage like that I'll keep sharing it. :D :D :D :D

<small>[ October 27, 2002, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

AggieJohn
10-27-2002, 10:49 PM
so if liberty lost to Barber's Hill by 20...and Coldspring lost by 28 does that mean that Liberty is better than Coldspring.....just a thought.......

<small>[ October 27, 2002, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: explayer2001 ]</small>

FBmania
10-27-2002, 11:09 PM
And BH146 before you get too riled up at me if the sun writer does stop recording stats for us, you can always just email your article from the BHSR to the sun. At least we'll get positive coverage and it will be slanted in our direction!!!! :D :D

BH_146
10-27-2002, 11:21 PM
FBmania, In my opinion, the blueprint comment just shows that he really doen't really know us nor our coaching staff. Perhaps, this last game changed his mind. But I still disagree with QBKilla about the Sun's coverage of Saturday's game. The writer had positive comments on 7 of our players in his article. How many of the Trojan players were cited by the Item's writer in a positive light?

FBmania
10-28-2002, 12:25 AM
For whatever reason, we don't get the coverage we should be getting, when you compare our record to surrounding area teams. He basically listed stats. And some of the info was wrong.
This was a big district match-up on a Saturday night. There should have been better coverage. The play that The ITEM showed in their paper was huge! Not only did it shut them down on that drive but when we take it down and score the life just went out of them. But even when we get good coverage the D never gets respect. So when an opposing teams' writer reconizes a great play, then a player reads our coverage it just kind of well, makes one mad.
I really don't want to bicker any more about this! Well until next week anyway. :)