PDA

View Full Version : TigerTurtle where are you?

Pudlugger
09-12-2002, 08:30 PM
What's up? Give me your take on the big game tomorrow night.

Tiger Turtle
09-13-2002, 10:48 AM
I think it will be a typical LG-Sealy smashmouth contest. I see potential problems for Sealy in their lack of size in the DB's since I understand LG has some good size (tall) receivers. As usual, Sealy will try to play ball control and dominate the line of scrimmage with their big offensive middle (center Enshoff and the two big guards). Sealy's defense showed flashes of significant improvement in the second half last week when they held Needville to (I think) two first downs and something like 11 net yards. Sealy has a new soph MLB who has played real well and a nosebacker who has Chris Tate-like quickness into the backfield. Honestly, the jury is still out on how good the Tigers can be, particularly since the offense has been very conservative so far this season. Look for some misdirection this week, possibly the "belly bum" and a reverse or two. It will probably hinge on what Andrus is able to do against the Leps' defense ("Purple" Hays and all). Unfortunately, I will not be there tonight (only the third game I have missed since '92) so give me a full report on Monday. Good luck.

Pudlugger
09-13-2002, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the run down. Sealy sounds loaded. What a bummer you can't go to the game. I'll report latter after the game. Good luck to both teams.