PDA

View Full Version : How many people on here have tried marijuana?

big daddy russ
05-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Some quotes on the Kanye thread got me wondering. I've always thought that more than half of America has tried it at one point or another, but it's an issue that's got me wondering recently. Maybe it's not quite as widespread as I think.

No need to announce it to the world, I'm just curious as to the percentages. If you'd cast a yes/no vote and your corresponding age, I'd appreciate it.

It'll be fun to see what this poll looks like after a round of voting.

Oh, and if you didn't inhale, just mark "Yes."

STANG RED
05-07-2007, 12:09 AM
When I was young and dumb, I tried it a few times. It always gave me a pounding headache.

theyoefnshow
05-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Mr Mackey:
"Smokin's bad.....you shouldn't smoke. MMMmmmkaaay?"

JR2004
05-07-2007, 12:21 AM
Never tried it. Just about every friend I had in high school tried it or used it regularly, but I never would give in on trying it. Drank plenty, but never used any drugs. :)

mistanice
05-07-2007, 12:41 AM
Ironically it may help fight lung tumors according to a new study

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/04/17/health/webmd/main2696726.shtml

thatsminty
05-07-2007, 12:55 AM
why is it I find the ones who answered "no" a lie?

Old Tiger
05-07-2007, 12:58 AM
Smoking marijuana is only an issue if you become an addict or you get busted by the cops, unless you live in Denver, Colorado.

kepdawg
05-07-2007, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by thatsminty

I don't know. Why is it? I've never even seen it.

bhtrainer
05-07-2007, 07:45 AM
i honestly think its stupid...yes, i have been around it because im in high school and lots of kids do it but i cant bring myself to do it...i have never smoked weed or cigarettes...

Spaceman_Spiff
05-07-2007, 08:07 AM
thatsminty...my guess is because the people that voted "no" are telling the truth and are proud of it. I'm also a "no", and darned proud of it.

burnet44
05-07-2007, 08:09 AM
no here
never smoked anything weed or cigarettes or "gars"
guess all those years of running taught me something
why smoke anything?
just helps ya die early

never saw much point in it

3afan
05-07-2007, 08:16 AM
I answered NO and its not a lie - never tried to smoke ANYTHING - or take any drug. I was always strong enough to not give in to the peer pressure & temptation.

I honesty can't understand why anyone smokes ... people say they enjoy it but in reality, IMO, they are just too weak to quit.

mustang59
05-07-2007, 08:21 AM
I've never had the urge to try any illegal drug. Frankly, I don't see why anyone would take the health or legal risk.

Phil C
05-07-2007, 08:29 AM

JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED!!

:mad:

mustang04
05-07-2007, 08:56 AM
just cuz you have and/or do presently doesn't mean you do it every day and it takes over your life!!!!

i'm not admitting to participating in smoking now, but i'm not gonna lie, i did when i was younger (not like it was that long ago haha), but i NEVER drank in highschool....i don't regret any decisions i made just cuz i go through life with no regrets.....i just laugh at those stupid commercials that make marijuana out to be an EVIL drug that does all this and that....the only one that was somewhat true was the one with the guy and his friends on the couch saying you're safer just sitting there on the couch, but you are missing life...that's the only one to me that was somewhat truthful

for those of you who have never smoked, congrats, yall made a personal decision and i give yall props for sticking with your decision (just as long as you don't bash those who have decided or do decide to smoke it, cuz you really can't knock it if you haven't tried it)

to those who still smoke, DONT GET CAUGHT!!!

to those that have but don't anymore....i guess we are stuck on the same boat talking about the past, eh?

mustang04
05-07-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by mustang59
I've never had the urge to try any illegal drug. Frankly, I don't see why anyone would take the health or legal risk.

health risks....here are some health risks for you:

plastics have been linked to come cancers
aluminum to alzheimers
teflon coated frying pans to certain cancers
SUNSCREEN to SKIN CANCER!!!
i can go on and on!!

Ranger Mom
05-07-2007, 09:02 AM
I find it almost humorous people talking about the health risk and not understanding why others would take that risk.

Heck, when I was 18 or 19 years old, the "risk" of anything was the last thing on my mind....I was invincible.

That was before the "seat belt" law days. I would speed, drive crazily, jumped from my 2nd story apartment into the pool, partied too hard and too much.....I was just lucky I never got hurt.....but I never thought about any "long term" effects from it while I was doing it!!

mustang04
05-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I find it almost humorous people talking about the health risk and not understanding why others would take that risk.

Heck, when I was 18 or 19 years old, the "risk" of anything was the last thing on my mind....I was invincible.

That was before the "seat belt" law days. I would speed, drive crazily, jumped from my 2nd story apartment into the pool, partied too hard and too much.....I was just lucky I never got hurt.....but I never thought about any "long term" effects from it while I was doing it!!

i don't know what YOU are talking about....i STILL am invincible!!!!:D

Ranger Mom
05-07-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
i don't know what YOU are talking about....i STILL am invincible!!!!:D

So how old are you now?? 20??

Yep...you are still in the invincible age!!:D

Txbroadcaster
05-07-2007, 09:06 AM

And that is why I find it funny when some adults on here bash/judge kids who do stupid things like spray paint cars or get in trouble for stupid pranks and start moaning about how kids today are so much worse and society is falling apart

Kida and doing stupid things have gone hand in hand since the first cave teenager trying to show off for his cave girlfriend jumped on the back of a saber tooth tiger for a ride.

BuffyMars
05-07-2007, 09:07 AM
I grew up in a small town in East Texas. It is pretty much mandatory to try it.

Unfortunately, I started young, (13 :doh: ) but at least I was able to get it out of my system nice and early. :)

I can say this....for it to be a "gateway" drug, it was the only illegal drug I ever tried. Partly, because my mother was a nurse, and lord knows I was shown the physical and mental repercussions of what harder drugs can do to the body.

I was too chicken to try anything else.

And believe me when I tell you, I have seen every drug shy of heroin up close and personal and I still said no. :D I guess I have at least something to be proud of.

Ranger Mom
05-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
And that is why I find it funny when some adults on here bash/judge kids who do stupid things like spray paint cars or get in trouble for stupid pranks and start moaning about how kids today are so much worse and society is falling apart

Kida and doing stupid things have gone hand in hand since the first cave teenager trying to show off for his cave girlfriend jumped on the back of a saber tooth tiger for a ride.

True......except for the "spray painting " cars thing. I may have done things that were potentially harmful to myself, but I never was destructive of someone elses property. I did have morals, ya know!!:D

mustang04
05-07-2007, 09:08 AM
So how old are you now?? 20??

Yep...you are still in the invincible age!!:D

whoa whoa whoa.....i am LEGAL to drink...thanks for forgetting my birthday:(

and trust me....i'm at that age to where i can make a grown woman feel invincible again;) :D

Ranger Mom
05-07-2007, 09:09 AM
whoa whoa whoa.....i am LEGAL to drink...thanks for forgetting my birthday:(

and trust me....i'm at that age to where i can make a grown woman feel invincible again;) :D

Oh that's right......you ARE legal now!!:D :D

I have a hard time keeping up with my own kids ages....much less my "downlow children"!!!

mustang04
05-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Oh that's right......you ARE legal now!!:D :D

I have a hard time keeping up with my own kids ages....much less my "downlow children"!!!

yeah yeah....so see, i can now buy you drinks and get ya liquored up.....:D :D :D

Txbroadcaster
05-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
I grew up in a small town in East Texas. It is pretty much mandatory to try it.

Unfortunately, I started young, (13 :doh: ) but at least I was able to get it out of my system nice and early. :)

I can say this....for it to be a "gateway" drug, it was the only illegal drug I ever tried. Partly, because my mother was a nurse, and lord knows I was shown the physical and mental repercussions of what harder drugs can do to the body.

I was too chicken to try anything else.

And believe me when I tell you, I have seen every drug shy of heroin up close and personal and I still said no. :D I guess I have at least something to be proud of.

I get tired of the its a gateway drug so that is why it is bad..There are NO hard facts to prove that people who started with weed and moved up would have not tried anything else if they had not started weed.

mustang04
05-07-2007, 09:12 AM
first cave teenager trying to show off for his cave girlfriend jumped on the back of a saber tooth tiger for a ride.

already did that...cept it was for a girl i was kinda dating in snyder and it wasn't a saber-tooth tiger, but it WAS the bronze tiger right outside Tiger Stadium in snyder:D :D

mustang04
05-07-2007, 09:15 AM
I get tired of the its a gateway drug so that is why it is bad..There are NO hard facts to prove that people who started with weed and moved up would have not tried anything else if they had not started weed.

i know....it isn't a gateway drug...yes many ppl prolly do it before anything else because when you are younger it's pretty much the only accessible thing...but when you get older you meet more ppl and then it's easier to get the hardcore stuff......i NEVER had any urge to try anything besides mary-jane...ok-ok, maybe a lil shrooms but thats it and those are just as lethal as spinning around in a circle and then looking through a kaleidescope (sp?)

i will never, ever ever think of doing coke or anything of that sort

JasperDog94
05-07-2007, 09:16 AM
why is it I find the ones who answered "no" a lie? Is it so hard to believe that some people choose to obey the law?

BullFrog Dad
05-07-2007, 09:17 AM
I read an article about fifteen years ago titled "Just Say Maybe". It was a study on young adults ten years after HS. There were three groups, a.never did drugs in school b.casual users c.chronic users. Of course the chronic users had the lowest income level but the casual users had the highest. The theory was that the casual users were more willing to take chances and explore options in the business world resulting in higher income.

JasperDog94
05-07-2007, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
I read an article about fifteen years ago titled "Just Say Maybe". It was a study on young adults ten years after HS. There were three groups, a.never did drugs in school b.casual users c.chronic users. Of course the chronic users had the lowest income level but the casual users had the highest. The theory was that the casual users were more willing to take chances and explore options in the business world resulting in higher income. Hello? Former president?;)

DU_stud04
05-07-2007, 09:19 AM
i don't know what YOU are talking about....i STILL am invincible!!!!:D and were glad you are, had it tested out not too long ago, it would have been sad if you weren't invincible :(

mustang04
05-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
I read an article about fifteen years ago titled "Just Say Maybe". It was a study on young adults ten years after HS. There were three groups, a.never did drugs in school b.casual users c.chronic users. Of course the chronic users had the lowest income level but the casual users had the highest. The theory was that the casual users were more willing to take chances and explore options in the business world resulting in higher income.

for some reason i believe that!

i think over-consumption of ANYTHING is bad....i get just as annoyed with ppl who have to have a soda as i do with those who smoke 24-7...whether it be weed, sodas, or something else, too much is never good

DU_stud04
05-07-2007, 09:22 AM
why is it I find the ones who answered "no" a lie? never smoked, never have never will, do you think curiosity gets the best of everyone?

mustang04
05-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
and were glad you are, had it tested out not too long ago, it would have been sad if you weren't invincible :(

yeah.....being invincible doesn't mean you can't lose an organ!!!

i might have lost my spleen, but in the whole grand scheme of the car wreck, i was pretty lucky!!! aka invincible:D

kaorder1999
im 27 and have never smoked it!

mustang04
never smoked, never have never will, do you think curiosity gets the best of everyone?

well it got me...only cuz i'm a coo' cat

;) :D

DU_stud04
05-07-2007, 09:24 AM

i might have lost my spleen, but in the whole grand scheme of the car wreck, i was pretty lucky!!! aka invincible:D i feeling pretty invincible after my first final this morning, got another one coming up...... if i make higher than a 41 i get my a :D

Ranger Mom
05-07-2007, 09:24 AM

i might have lost my spleen, but in the whole grand scheme of the car wreck, i was pretty lucky!!! aka invincible:D

Remember the "God" you were struggling to come to terms with not so long ago???

Nuff said!!;)

DU_stud04
05-07-2007, 09:26 AM
well it got me...only cuz i'm a coo' cat

;) :D curiosity killed the cat.... satisfaction brought him back ;)

JasperDog94
i feeling pretty invincible after my first final this morning, got another one coming up...... if i make higher than a 41 i get my a :D I would wish you good luck, but it seems as if you don't need any.

But I'll wish you good luck anyway!:)

mustang04
Remember the "God" you were struggling to come to terms with not so long ago???

Nuff said!!;)

true that!!! did i tell ya that i repented a couple of months ago?? it actually feels great to have faith in Him again (not turning this into a religious thread, just stating a personal choice i made)

JasperDog94
05-07-2007, 09:27 AM
true that!!! did i tell ya that i repented a couple of months ago?? it actually feels great to have faith in Him again (not turning this into a religious thread, just stating a personal choice i made) Very wise decision!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
05-07-2007, 09:28 AM
true that!!! did i tell ya that i repented a couple of months ago?? it actually feels great to have faith in Him again (not turning this into a religious thread, just stating a personal choice i made)

Well, I read it on a post......which is why I said what I did!! You knew that I was concerned, but had faith that your "FAITH" would win out in the end!!:)

DU_stud04
05-07-2007, 09:29 AM
true that!!! did i tell ya that i repented a couple of months ago?? it actually feels great to have faith in Him again (not turning this into a religious thread, just stating a personal choice i made) did you get drunk and start watching that church show with that dude who yells and hits people on the head again?:D

haha, congrads on that reggie, thats never a bad decision.

mustang04
05-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Very wise decision!:clap: :clap: :clap:

thank you...it was an awesome night as i proclaimed it to my roomies who had been preying for me for the longest time!!!

anyways....back to topic.....i think the stats show that more ppl smoke than some think, and to be honest, it's OKAY....i know several succesful people who smoke weed....it doesn't make you an evil person, doesn't really have anything to do with what kind of person you really are....i've said it before on here...i'd rather be surrounded by a bunch of ppl who are high than loud, obnoxious drunks trying to get in fights

BuffyMars
05-07-2007, 09:32 AM
What is crazy is someone I know kept trying to convince me his parents continued on as casual smokers to this very day, and I had such a hard time believing it due to the individuals that they are.

I just had such a hard time believing it. Until we were at his parents house and while they were gone he shows up with a roach in hand and is like "do you believe me now?!?!"

I almost died right then and there!

You just don't ever know. And it doesn't make anyone a bad person if they choose to do that for WHATEVER reason, beit for medicinal purposes or social/casual purposes.

IMO, it is no worse than alcohol or cigarettes.

My best friends parents still use to this day. They are what we call "river rats" (people who live on Caddo lake with a can of bud and a doobie in one hand, and a fishing rod in the other). In fact, my best friend and I used to perform 'Mission Impossible' stunts to get into their stash (which I still suspect may have been homegrown).

mustang04
05-07-2007, 09:35 AM
did you get drunk and start watching that church show with that dude who yells and hits people on the head again?:D

haha, congrads on that reggie, thats never a bad decision.

haha,....man...i can't stand that channel....i'm a small church filled with old people singing hymnals kinda guy....i'm not too fond of the rocking and rolling during service and especilly not fond of a couple of those televised sermons.....i read where a couple of them were caught keeping so much of the donations sent in...kinda makes me mad

i like songs like:

When we all get to Heaven

Amazing Grace

Old Ragged Cross

etc.

Gobbla2001
05-07-2007, 09:36 AM
tried some this mornin'... didn't like it, sent it back with a four thumbs down....

tried it when I was in high school... haven't done it since, just not my kinda deal... but man I like how it smells in the bag... I might wanna try cookin' with it or something...

mustang04
05-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
tried some this mornin'... didn't like it, sent it back with a four thumbs down....

tried it when I was in high school... haven't done it sense, just not my kinda deal... but man I like how it smells in the bag... I might wanna try cookin' with it or something...

haha...it makes you feel like you have four thumbs too?!?!?! i just thought that was me hahahaha jk jk

yeah it does kinda have a very stout kind of scent to it....hell...grind it up and throw it in some chili or something!!

Txbroadcaster
05-07-2007, 09:39 AM
What is crazy is someone I know kept trying to convince me his parents continued on as casual smokers to this very day, and I had such a hard time believing it due to the individuals that they are.

I just had such a hard time believing it. Until we were at his parents house and while they were gone he shows up with a roach in hand and is like "do you believe me now?!?!"

I almost died right then and there!

You just don't ever know. And it doesn't make anyone a bad person if they choose to do that for WHATEVER reason, beit for medicinal purposes or social/casual purposes.

IMO, it is no worse than alcohol or cigarettes.

My best friends parents still use to this day. They are what we call "river rats" (people who live on Caddo lake with a can of bud and a doobie in one hand, and a fishing rod in the other). In fact, my best friend and I used to perform 'Mission Impossible' stunts to get into their stash (which I still suspect may have been homegrown).

The image that the public has about Weed has been created by the Government to try to curtail the use. The problem is that the image is such a false caricature of users, that it is almost farcical.

Only people who have such a narrow view actually believe that if you smoke weed your a loser, or cant hold a job.

Gobbla2001
05-07-2007, 09:40 AM
hmmmmmm in chili?

lemme call some peeps... :p

BuffyMars
05-07-2007, 09:40 AM
The image that the public has about Weed has been created by the Government to try to curtail the use. The problem is that the image is such a false caricature of users, that it is almost farcical.

Only people who have such a narrow view actually believe that if you smoke weed your a loser, or cant hold a job.

Amen brutha!! :clap:

mustang04
05-07-2007, 09:41 AM

tis very true....i can name alot of people who were top ten in their class in highschool and smoke weed.....whether it was from sweetwater or other highschools i got names haha

JasperDog94
05-07-2007, 09:48 AM
i like songs like:

When we all get to Heaven

Amazing Grace

Old Ragged Cross

etc. Ah yes. Some of my favorites too. Especially the "Old RAGGED Cross"!!!:p :p :p ;)

Gobbla2001
05-07-2007, 09:49 AM
"I'll fly away" :thumbsup: ... no doobie-aided flight, of course...

Ranger Mom
05-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Ah yes. Some of my favorites too. Especially the "Old RAGGED Cross"!!!:p :p :p ;)

ROFL!!!

That just made my day!!!:D :D

pirate44
05-07-2007, 09:50 AM
im 35 and have never taken an illegal substance in my life:)

mustang04
05-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Ah yes. Some of my favorites too. Especially the "Old RAGGED Cross"!!!:p :p :p ;)

wait...whats the name of it...i really havent sang that song in like 10 years....so i'm guessing i got the title wrong.....:doh: is it rugged??? now i'm embarrassed haha

BuffyMars
05-07-2007, 09:52 AM
wait...whats the name of it...i really havent sang that song in like 10 years....so i'm huessing i got the title wrong.....:doh: is it rugged??? now i'm embarrassed haha

BWHAHAHAHA!! :clap: :clap:

Hey don't be embarassed, we all loved it! ;)

Oh! And so did raggedy old Jesus! :D

JasperDog94
05-07-2007, 09:54 AM
wait...whats the name of it...i really havent sang that song in like 10 years....so i'm guessing i got the title wrong.....:doh: is it rugged??? now i'm embarrassed haha Don't worry about it. You made my day, though.:D :D :D

mustang04
Don't worry about it. You made my day, though.:D :D :D

haha...glad i could help!

Keith7
I know a few friend's parents who blaze up on occasion and they have very succesful careers.. the fact is, marijauna use does not characterize a person, people think of marijauna users as being lazy or thugs.. this is not the case as many of our great atheletes use it or have used it.. Weed is less harmful then cigarettes and alcohol and some day when the public fully understands this, these stereotypes will go away

pirate4state
05-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
I know a few friend's parents who blaze up on occasion and they have very succesful careers.. the fact is, marijauna use does not characterize a person, people think of marijauna users as being lazy or thugs.. this is not the case as many of our great atheletes use it or have used it.. Weed is less harmful then cigarettes and alcohol and some day when the public fully understands this, these stereotypes will go away People will always judge though. Sad, but true. People who smoke weed could give 2 poops about people who see them in a bad light. ROFL!

Keith7
05-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
People will always judge though. Sad, but true. People who smoke weed could give 2 poops about people who see them in a bad light. ROFL!

ya you are right to a certain extent.. But its the judging that people do that keep people from speaking out on marijauna reform.. There is an obvious need for drug reform in this country with our jails / prisons becoming over crowded and no end in sight.. Marijauna laws are turning innocent people into criminals for doing something less harmful then alcohol and cigarettes..

JasperDog94
05-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
ya you are right to a certain extent.. But its the judging that people do that keep people from speaking out on marijauna reform.. There is an obvious need for drug reform in this country with our jails / prisons becoming over crowded and no end in sight.. Marijauna laws are turning innocent people into criminals for doing something less harmful then alcohol and cigarettes.. This sounds like the same tired argument about illegal immigration. "All they want to do is work and make a better life." Forget the fact that it's ILLEGAL.

You want to change it? Fine. Go for it. But quit pretending that people that smoke it aren't doing anything wrong.

mustang04
05-07-2007, 10:25 AM
This sounds like the same tired argument about illegal immigration. "All they want to do is work and make a better life." Forget the fact that it's ILLEGAL.

You want to change it? Fine. Go for it. But quit pretending that people that smoke it aren't doing anything wrong.

well the only reason it is wrong is cuz it's illegal, but it is illegal without good cause, thats the problem

Ranger Mom
05-07-2007, 10:26 AM
well the only reason it is wrong is cuz it's illegal, but it is illegal without good cause, thats the problem

I probably shouldn't even say this......but I have to agree.........and I don't smoke it!!

kaorder1999
05-07-2007, 10:26 AM
This sounds like the same tired argument about illegal immigration. "All they want to do is work and make a better life." Forget the fact that it's ILLEGAL.

AMEN

Ranger Mom
05-07-2007, 10:28 AM

I have to agree with THAT too!!:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
05-07-2007, 10:30 AM

No one is pretending, I think the main belief is that it should NOT be illegal. Not making excuses or trying to act like what they are doing is not illegal, just that it is time to recognize the fallacy of weed being so bad it should be illegal while cigs are not

BuffyMars
05-07-2007, 10:34 AM
No one is pretending, I think the main belief is that it should NOT be illegal. Not making excuses or trying to act like what they are doing is not illegal, just that it is time to recognize the fallacy of weed being so bad it should be illegal while cigs are not

They are always spouting out those Truth commercials and how tabacco claims 100,000s of lives per day.

Yet, there haven't been any studies linking marijuana to death. It is even used for medicinal purposes for crying out loud!!!

Look, there will always be one negative with marijuana no matter what. Smoke, is still smoke, and if inhaled it is bad for your lungs. Tabacco or MJ, it doesn't matter. That is the one negative neither of these drugs can ever shake.

But again, studies have shown that MJ is not the devil that conservative Christian Americans claim that it is.

Ranger Mom
05-07-2007, 10:36 AM
They are always spouting out those Truth commercials and how tabacco claims 100,000s of lives per day.

Yet, there haven't been any studies linking marijuana to death. It is even used for medicinal purposes for crying out loud!!!

Look, there will always be one negative with marijuana no matter what. Smoke, is still smoke, and if inhaled it is bad for your lungs. Tabacco or MJ, it doesn't matter. That is the one negative neither of these drugs can ever shake.

But again, studies have shown that MJ is not the devil that conservative Christian Americans claim that it is.

I'm considered a "conservative christian american"!!:D

pirate4state
05-07-2007, 10:39 AM
This thread is still open b/c so far, it has remained harmless. Please don't make me have to close it.

JasperDog94
05-07-2007, 10:41 AM
My point is that just because you think it should be legal doesn't mean that it's okay to do it. I may think it's okay to drive 90 mph on the freeway, but that doesn't make it right.

JasperDog94
05-07-2007, 10:43 AM
I guess you haven't had a relatives or friends killed by someone driving that was high.

As a former educator, I've seen the effects it has on our youth. No amount of "data" can change what I've seen firsthand.

kaorder1999
My thoughts....

1)The use of marijuana is deemed illegal by our government so I do not believe anyone should be able to smoke it without facing legal action if caught (except for medical use of course).

2)If the government came out tomorrow and said that it were legal for persons over the age of 21 (as in the case of alcohol) to smoke marijuana...then go ahead. Like drinking alcohol, thats your choice.

Txbroadcaster
This thread is still open b/c so far, it has remained harmless. Please don't make me have to close it.

Dont see anything that shows it is close to heading to the harmful stage

BuffyMars
I'm considered a "conservative christian american"!!:D

Well I probably would too given a certain topic I am sure.

I realized I shouldn't have said that. It sounded like it was a knock when it wasn't meant to.

My apologies.

BuffyMars
05-07-2007, 10:45 AM
I guess you haven't had a relatives or friends killed by someone driving that was high.

As a former educator, I've seen the effects it has on our youth. No amount of "data" can change what I've seen firsthand.

I have never met anyone out of all the "pot smoking" friends that I have had that could not drive properly.

Myself included. It is a completely different intoxication (IMO). One that does not affect your driving, especially in the way they depict it on TV.

In fact, one might suspect that if that person was in an accident, perhaps there were other factors at play.

Ranger Mom
05-07-2007, 10:46 AM
My point is that just because you think it should be legal doesn't mean that it's okay to do it. I may think it's okay to drive 90 mph on the freeway, but that doesn't make it right.

Exactly...I know people who smoke it regardless of the legality of it.

I know people who don't smoke it only because it's illegal, otherwise they would.

I know people who think it should be legalized but don't care to smoke it.

I know people who think it's a drug and therefore should ALWAYS be illegal.

I am in one of those 4 groups of "People I know!!

pirate4state
05-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Dont see anything that shows it is close to heading to the harmful stage Most never do!

Txbroadcaster
05-07-2007, 10:47 AM

And people are killed when it comes to drinking and driving as well. That is always my point. For ever "bad" think Weed causes, Drinking can and does as bad if not worse

Ranger Mom
05-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Dont see anything that shows it is close to heading to the harmful stage

Not harmful so far...still probably against the rules though. We have debated on whether we should close it or not....so far, we have elected to keep it open....but it does go somewhat against the rules set forth:

2). Illegal activity topics are forbidden.
Topics and comments involving the promotion, sale, participation, or distribution of illegal substances and/or activities are forbidden. Examples of this are illegal drugs, underage drinking, and gambling activities. Under no circumstances will 3ADownlow be used to facilitate illegal activities of ANY kind. We intend to set a good example. (Items in the news may be excluded, but not necessarily and may depend upon the content or the direction the discussion takes.)

BuffyMars
05-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Not harmful so far...still probably against the rules though. We have debated on whether we should close it or not....so far, we have elected to keep it open....but it does go somewhat against the rules set forth:

2). Illegal activity topics are forbidden.
Topics and comments involving the promotion, sale, participation, or distribution of illegal substances and/or activities are forbidden. Examples of this are illegal drugs, underage drinking, and gambling activities. Under no circumstances will 3ADownlow be used to facilitate illegal activities of ANY kind. We intend to set a good example. (Items in the news may be excluded, but not necessarily and may depend upon the content or the direction the discussion takes.)

:eek: :(

CHS_CG
05-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Rule breakin people!

JasperDog94
05-07-2007, 10:52 AM
And people are killed when it comes to drinking and driving as well. That is always my point. For ever "bad" think Weed causes, Drinking can and does as bad if not worse So we should just legalize it because it's not as bad as something else?

JasperDog94
05-07-2007, 10:52 AM
I have never met anyone out of all the "pot smoking" friends that I have had that could not drive properly. Then consider yourself lucky.

kaorder1999
05-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Growing up where I did I knew A LOT of people who smoked weed and of those I knew some that can barely walk down the street without stumbling. Their coordination was shot!

Txbroadcaster
05-07-2007, 10:55 AM
So we should just legalize it because it's not as bad as something else?

No..but it should not be illegal cause it can be dangerous in CERTAIN situations like driving...Make the act of doing it while driving illegal(ex drinking and driving) or make drinking illegal as well..oh wait that did not work..just like the "war on drugs" have not worked

Txbroadcaster
05-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Growing up where I did I knew A LOT of people who smoked weed and of those I knew some that can barely walk down the street without stumbling. Their coordination was shot!

Please show me where weed has a long term affect on the coordination...Most likely those people got into harder stuff

kaorder1999
05-07-2007, 11:01 AM
their coordination was shot because of their high at the time. I said nothing about long term coordination loss

Txbroadcaster
05-07-2007, 11:03 AM
their coordination was shot because of their high at the time. I said nothing about long term coordination loss

ahhh IC what u meant..it came off like you meant they used to smoke weed and now they cant walk because of it

CHS_CG
05-07-2007, 11:04 AM
No..but it should not be illegal cause it can be dangerous in CERTAIN situations like driving...Make the act of doing it while driving illegal(ex drinking and driving) or make drinking illegal as well..oh wait that did not work..just like the "war on drugs" have not worked

so then X and crack and meth and alll the other crap should be legal in certain situations even though they are dangerous in some situations?

Its Illegal point period blank! It should NOT be legal and everybody should understand the FULL effects on it bc if you are saying you have seen somebody messed up but they could still drive fine, they either 1) didnt smoke enough to get messed up or 2) they were smokin some really good lookin LAWN and thought it was pot.

BuffyMars
05-07-2007, 11:04 AM

That is exactly what I think should be done. If people are scared of using and driving, well then make it illegal to operate any machinery while under the influence just like alcohol or barbituates, etc.

I don't understand the fear people have in legalizing MJ. There could be a world of good that would come out of that, given the proper regulation (much like alcohol).

I mean alcohol was a serious taboo back in the day!!! It was more taboo than opium! Why?!?! Because the government illegalized it, which made it all the more appealing to those who wanted to sell it, and to those who wanted to buy it.

And when they finally legalized it and put restrictions on the laws regarding the sell and use of alcohol....well correct me if I am wrong, but I think crime went down. :thinking:

kaorder1999
05-07-2007, 11:07 AM
ahhh IC what u meant..it came off like you meant they used to smoke weed and now they cant walk because of it

now that got back and read it that is what it sounds like! :D

Blastoderm55
05-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Did it a few times in high school along with cigs but got caught by my parents so I stopped. Don't care to do it these days but don't care if others do either. The sweet smell of pot at concerts is way better than cigs too.

Txbroadcaster
05-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
[B]so then X and crack and meth and alll the other crap should be legal in certain situations even though they are dangerous in some situations?

B]

Then drinking should be illegal, because it is dangerous in some situations but not in others..That is in par with your line of reasoning

sectionCwannabe
05-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Yes i have smoked it, for a few years in my youth. I believe in Medical Marijuana. I know a few people that have moved away so they could smoke it legally. There is alot of research out on it, alot of benefits out way the risk in most studies. I am a Proud Member of NORML. ( www.norml.org ). Marijuana kills alot less people that Chemical Drugs, Alcohol, and Guns. It's legal in Amsterdam where the Crime rate is one of the lowest in the world, and Hate crimes and murder are few and far between.

I dont not smoke now, my job wont allow me. I dont have to smoke to be happy or have fun. It's like getting off work and drinking a couple of beers, (BTW i do not drink), to relax. I do not believe are younger people should try it till the are out of school. The war on drugs that we continue to hear about is a war that the US cant seem to win. Its the chemical drugs that are killing our people.

one more thing, have you ever in your life heard this statement,

"i was at the club the other night and there was this guy high on Marijuana, that just kept getting louder and more obnoxious the more he smoked and stated a fight with several people at the club"?

kaorder1999
05-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Then drinking should be illegal, because it is dangerous in some situations but not in others..That is in par with your line of reasoning

she was talking about other illegal drugs....

Gobbla2001
05-07-2007, 11:10 AM
It IS illegal to drive under the influence of mary... officers do not have to detect it in any way... if they feel you are not able to operate your vehicle in a safe manner after giving you a field sobriety test they will try to find out why and take you down town...

Gobbla2001
05-07-2007, 11:13 AM
It IS illegal to drive under the influence of mary... officers do not have to detect it in any way... if they feel you are not able to operate your vehicle in a safe manner after giving you a field sobriety test they will try to find out why and take you down town...

and it is a DWI... toxin, intoxicated...

BuffyMars
05-07-2007, 11:15 AM
and it is a DWI... toxin, intoxicated...

You so smaaaat!!! :nerd: :D

DU_stud04
Originally posted by sectionCwannabe

one more thing, have you ever in your life heard this statement,

"i was at the club the other night and there was this guy high on Marijuana, that just kept getting louder and more obnoxious the more he smoked and stated a fight with several people at the club"? actually.......i haven't. idk if you are trying to set an example in comparison to alcohol, but that person doesnt sound like he has be smoking.

Gobbla2001
You so smaaaat!!! :nerd: :D

don't push it... better be glad your man posts here I might have to go off :mad:

Txbroadcaster
05-07-2007, 11:16 AM
she was talking about other illegal drugs....

I know she was..my point is

the government has pick and chosen what is illegal and what is not for the wrong reasons

They did not ban druge, but allow Tobacco because Tobacco is the lesser of the evils. They did it because Tobacco was/is a cash crop that brings in alot of money to the US.

If cocaine would have been a cash crop here..bet your bottom dollar it would be legal.

It is a money driven hypocritical agenda. you can do this(because ot brings in a ton of money to the Government) But you cant do that

In the end, it is our personal body, what someonedoes to their, as long as theydont harm others should not matter to anyone else. Ifthey do harm others in the act, then by all means bring down the worst punishment

kaorder1999
05-07-2007, 11:16 AM
-Drugs that are deemed illegal shouldn't be used because they are ILLEGAL

-Immigration that is not considered legal should not be allowed to happen because its ILLEGAL!

When our lawmakers say otherwise, when they say its LEGAL, I will be just fine with it. I just like to follow set rules! For instance, this thread is hurting nobody and is probably not offending anyone but Im a believer in rules.

mistanice
05-07-2007, 11:19 AM
has anyone seen the classic movie against pot? lol "reefer madness"

kaorder1999
05-07-2007, 11:22 AM
the illegal immigration issue is about money too isnt it?

Ranger Mom
05-07-2007, 11:24 AM
I have a family member who drinks and smokes ..... I would MUCH rather be around him when he is smoking than when he drinking.

Drunk: Obnoxious, loud, repetitive, argumentative and sloppy!!

Stoned: Mellow, friendly, patient, normal voice level.

JasperDog94
05-07-2007, 11:26 AM
It's legal in Amsterdam where the Crime rate is one of the lowest in the world, and Hate crimes and murder are few and far between. The reason for the low crime rate in Amsterdam is because almost everything is legal there. I'm guessing we should legalize prostitution as well? That would cut down on the crime rate.

kaorder1999
05-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Its just like the issue with school uniforms. The kids come up with thousands upon thousands of reasons why they shouldnt have to wear uniforms but the simple fact is they have to because the rulemakers said so!!! The students and their parents waste a lot of their time trying to give people reasons why they shouldn't have to wear the uniforms!

sectionCwannabe
05-07-2007, 11:27 AM
what i find humorous about are laws is that you are allowed to buy all the products to help you smoke marijuana, but yet its illegal. Also if you but the US Marijauna tax stamp if you get busted with marijuana you dont have to pay the tax and the penalties for not paying tax on it prior to getting caught. i have always found this funny, i dont think its helping the war on drugs.

I found a study one time that said that 35% of all prisoners in texas were in for Marijuana charges. Over 50% are drug charges. 30% of the 35% were not considered violent crimes, and 25% were just Possession charges. There are stiffer sentences for pot smokers then there are for Some sex offenders, that seems a bit backwards to me.

Ranger Mom
05-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Its just like the issue with school uniforms. The kids come up with thousands upon thousands of reasons why they shouldnt have to wear uniforms but the simple fact is they have to because the rulemakers said so!!! The students and their parents waste a lot of their time trying to give people reasons why they shouldn't have to wear the uniforms!

The students and their parents are what got the "uniform idea" thrown out in Greenwood!

Ranger Mom
05-07-2007, 11:29 AM
There are stiffer sentences for pot smokers then there are for Some sex offenders, that seems a bit backwards to me.

OMG!!!! Don't even get me started on that!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

sectionCwannabe
05-07-2007, 11:29 AM
The reason for the low crime rate in Amsterdam is because almost everything is legal there. I'm guessing we should legalize prostitution as well? That would cut down on the crime rate.

Have you ever been to Amsterdam?

JasperDog94
05-07-2007, 11:31 AM
There are stiffer sentences for pot smokers then there are for Some sex offenders, that seems a bit backwards to me. No argument here. Sex offenders get off waaaaay to easy in Texas. We need Jessica's Law. 1st offense? 25 years.

I would also be in favor of chemical castration. But that's a whole other can of worms.

Txbroadcaster
The students and their parents waste a lot of their time trying to give people reasons why they shouldn't have to wear the uniforms!

How is a waste of time to voice opposition to a rule/law? Though that was what the country was built on, having your voice and able to express your beliefs even if your not the majortiy

Ranger Mom
The reason for the low crime rate in Amsterdam is because almost everything is legal there. I'm guessing we should legalize prostitution as well? That would cut down on the crime rate.

How much does prostitution have to do with crime rate in the U.S??

Any studies out there?? That is a question I have to admit I had never pondered before!!!

JasperDog94
Have you ever been to Amsterdam? Yes.

sectionCwannabe
05-07-2007, 11:32 AM

They also have one of the lowest cases of STD's in the world too.

JasperDog94
05-07-2007, 11:32 AM
How much does prostitution have to do with crime rate in the U.S??

Any studies out there?? That is a question I have to admit I had never pondered before!!! I'm sure there are numerous people in jail for this. Let's just make it legal so that we can concentrate on the important issues.:rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
05-07-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm sure there are numerous people in jail for this. Let's just make it legal so that we can concentrate on the important issues.:rolleyes:

Should be legal..Why does the Government have a say and who u have sex with and if you pay them for it or not.

JasperDog94
05-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Should be legal..Why does the Government have a say and who u have sex with and if you pay them for it or not. Please tell me you're joking.

sectionCwannabe
Yes.

I am not saying hookers need to be legal here. But it is a peaceful country.

Did you check out the bars in amsterdam?

JasperDog94

They also have one of the lowest cases of STD's in the world too. I'd be curious to see the statistics on this.

Txbroadcaster
05-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Please tell me you're joking.

no I am not

JasperDog94
I am not saying hookers need to be legal here. But it is a peaceful country.

Did you check out the bars in amsterdam? No. I'm not much of a drinker.

kaorder1999
man...some people can get fired up on some issues huh? I think its funnY!:D

mustang04
sooo...the ons who are against weed mainly just use the fact that it is illegal as to why they are against it....

JasperDog94
05-07-2007, 11:36 AM
no I am not Then I shall politely excuse myself from discussing this any further with you. I don't want to get into a heated debate about it, because I know that what would happen as I have very, very, very strong feelings about this subject.

Txbroadcaster
man...some people can get fired up on some issues huh? I think its funnY!:D

LOL not me..I can debate it, but dont get emotional or fired up..enjoy the debate

pirate4state
[B. I just like to follow set rules! For instance, this thread is hurting nobody and is probably not offending anyone but Im a believer in rules. [/B] So, are you saying we should close it b/c techinically discussing this ILLEGAL activity is against the rules! :thinking:

I'm so curious to see which poster would be the first to ask "WHY" was this thread closed, if we do close it! :D

Txbroadcaster
05-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Then I shall politely excuse myself from discussing this any further with you. I don't want to get into a heated debate about it, because I know that what would happen as I have very, very, very strong feelings about this subject.

Would not be heated on my end. It is a debate, I will debate the topic not the person, wil debate the logic and not the emotions

Ranger Mom
I'm sure there are numerous people in jail for this. Let's just make it legal so that we can concentrate on the important issues.:rolleyes:

I don't think I said anything remotely close to that.

kaorder1999
you are correct...if it were legal I would have no problem with people smoking it. One of the requirements to living in this great country is following laws whether or not you think they are right or just!

sectionCwannabe
No. I'm not much of a drinker.

Ok, most bars have in amsterdam offer Booze and Pot, People are very nice and having fun, a big difference from the bar seen here, I wont step foot in a club here.

mustang04
05-07-2007, 11:38 AM
So, are you saying we should close it b/c techinically discussing this ILLEGAL activity is against the rules! :thinking:

I'm so curious to see which poster would be the first to ask "WHY" was this thread closed, if we do close it! :D

hey....with this debate...i'm actually VERY proud of everybody for not screwing it up after what, 10 pages?? i think everybody deserves a round of applause!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :)

Ranger Mom
05-07-2007, 11:39 AM
sooo...the ons who are against weed mainly just use the fact that it is illegal as to why they are against it....

and i am not going to lie here....i got soooooo blazed one time, that i couldn't drive...so i didn't.....on the other hand, i got really drunk one time and shouldn't have driven, but i did...luckily it was on a road with no traffic hardly ever and i was ok....point being....if someone is usually THAT HIGH...they usually don't want to go out and do much and pretty much stay planted where they are at until they feel more capable./..THAT is from personal experience which carries more weight to me than the argument "it is illegal so it must be bad"

I think that's when the "paranoid" factor kicks in!!:D

JasperDog94
I don't think I said anything remotely close to that. Sorry. That wasn't meant as a derogatory remark toward you. Sorry if it came across that way.

pirate4state
hey....with this debate...i'm actually VERY proud of everybody for not screwing it up after what, 10 pages?? i think everybody deserves a round of applause!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :) Actually, I think your "I got so blazed" story might just have done the trick! ;) :thumbsup: All hail Reggie!!! :clap: :D

JasperDog94
05-07-2007, 11:40 AM
you are correct...if it were legal I would have no problem with people smoking it. One of the requirements to living in this great country is following laws whether or not you think they are right or just! Word.

sectionCwannabe
05-07-2007, 11:40 AM

and i am not going to lie here....i got soooooo blazed one time, that i couldn't drive...so i didn't.....on the other hand, i got really drunk one time and shouldn't have driven, but i did...luckily it was on a road with no traffic hardly ever and i was ok....point being....if someone is usually THAT HIGH...they usually don't want to go out and do much and pretty much stay planted where they are at until they feel more capable./..THAT is from personal experience which carries more weight to me than the argument "it is illegal so it must be bad"

I agree. People who stoned are not as gutsy as people who drink. same person, different reaction.

Ranger Mom
05-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Actually, I think your "I got so blazed" story might just have done the trick! ;) :thumbsup: All hail Reggie!!! :clap: :D

LOL!! Ya think??

When it goes from an opinionated debate to this is what "I DID"....im afraid it starts crossing that fine line right there!!!

JasperDog94
05-07-2007, 11:41 AM
They also have one of the lowest cases of STD's in the world too. Do you have any evidence of this?

mustang04
05-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Actually, I think your "I got so blazed" story might just have done the trick! ;) :thumbsup: All hail Reggie!!! :clap: :D

it was proving a point....it's like how a motivational speaker tells about his past of doing drugs and having all kinds of sex with all kinds of people....sure that stuff might be bad what he's talking about..but the REASON why he is talking about it is the important thing!!!

Txbroadcaster
you are correct...if it were legal I would have no problem with people smoking it. One of the requirements to living in this great country is following laws whether or not you think they are right or just!

No one has denied that..but one of the great parts about this Country is you can express your discontent about laws as well

Ranger Mom
it was proving a point....it's like how a motivational speaker tells about his past of doing drugs and having all kinds of sex with all kinds of people....sure that stuff might be bad what he's talking about..but the REASON why he is talking about it is the important thing!!!

Please keep your sex life off the board!!!:eek: :eek:

kaorder1999
05-07-2007, 11:44 AM
LOL not me..I can debate it, but dont get emotional or fired up..enjoy the debate

wasnt talking about you!!!!

DaHop72
05-07-2007, 11:44 AM
it was proving a point....it's like how a motivational speaker tells about his past of doing drugs and having all kinds of sex with all kinds of people....sure that stuff might be bad what he's talking about..but the REASON why he is talking about it is the important thing!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :hand: :hand:

Ranger Mom
05-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Okay....well that was fun and informing....but I think it has ran its course!!!

pirate4state
05-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Yeah, well either way it's downlow history! Thanks for playing!

HAHA you beat me to it! :D