PDA

View Full Version : Saw this, liked it, posted it

bulldogman06
05-06-2007, 06:57 PM
A Sad Parallel...

I bought a bird feeder. I hung it on my back porch and filled it with seed. Within
a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free
and easily accessible food. But then the birds started building nests in the
boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue. Then came the
poop. It was everywhere, on the patio tile, the chairs, the table, just
everywhere. Then some of the birds turned mean. They would dive bomb me and try to
peck me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket. And others birds were
boisterous and loud. They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours
of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food. After a
while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore. I took down the bird
feeder and in three days the birds were gone. I cleaned up their mess and took
down the many nests they had built all over the patio. Soon, the back yard was
like it used to be, quiet, serene and no one demanding their rights to a free
meal.

Now lets see ... our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free
medical care, free education and allows anyone born here to be a automatic
citizen. Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands. Suddenly our taxes went
up to pay for free services. Small apartments are housing 5 families. You have to
wait six hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor. Your child's 2nd grade
class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn't speak English.
Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box. I have to press "one" to hear my bank
talk to me in English. And people waving flags other than "Old Glory" are
squawking and screaming in the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.

Maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder.

Keith7
05-06-2007, 07:01 PM
yes lets let our own citizens starve so we can use the money to waste in iraq

shankbear
05-06-2007, 07:04 PM
ya missed the point k.

bulldogman06
05-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

not sure where you are gettin this?

carter08
05-06-2007, 07:22 PM
people can't help where they're born or what they believe

america can help

injuredinmelee
05-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

amen!!! lol sorry had to. I dont agree with you as usual but i think you missed his point. Maybe he was speaking of illegal immigrants?

injuredinmelee
05-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by carter08
people can't help where they're born or what they believe

america can help

Your right America can help, but why should we help those that dont want to help themselves?

carter08
05-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Your right America can help, but why should we help those that dont want to help themselves?

Imagine you lived in immense poverty, and had a chance to make your dreams come true. The catch is you will be alone in a strange land, speak a different language than those around you, and are looked down upon by everyone you meet. In order to help yourself, you have to have the will to suceed, and being treated like a piece of trash just kills that willpower.

bulldogman06
05-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Imagine you lived in immense poverty, and had a chance to make your dreams come true. The catch is you will be alone in a strange land, speak a different language than those around you, and are looked down upon by everyone you meet. In order to help yourself, you have to have the will to suceed, and being treated like a piece of trash just kills that willpower.

what? that happens all the time. im talking about illegal immigrants who wont help themselves, and just expect things to be given to them because this is America. if i had that opportunity, i damn sure would learn to speak the native language. i would do it the right way, that way it would be legit and i sure as hell wouldnt be waiving the mexican flag around all day. they might be hispanic, but they are American. they need to get that figured out when they get here, legally

bulldogman06
05-06-2007, 07:36 PM
and being treated like a piece of trash just kills that willpower.
i dont know what you have seen, but who gets treated like trash? the hispanic majority in texas? seriously? i treat everyone the same, but if you are illegal, go back and fix it or get out

carter08
05-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
what? that happens all the time. im talking about illegal immigrants who wont help themselves, and just expect things to be given to them because this is America. if i had that opportunity, i damn sure would learn to speak the native language. i would do it the right way, that way it would be legit and i sure as hell wouldnt be waiving the mexican flag around all day. they might be hispanic, but they are American. they need to get that figured out when they get here, legally

You missed my point.

They come to America wanting to work and better themselves, but are treated so horribly by our citizens that they lose the desire to do anything but sit around.

people are cruel

bulldogman06
05-06-2007, 07:38 PM
You missed my point.

They come to America wanting to work and better themselves, but are treated so horribly by our citizens that they lose the desire to do anything but sit around.

people are cruel

do they come legally? because if they do, they are not treated bad by our citizens. if you are saying that the legal immigrants come here and are treated like crap, then want to sit around, you are doing a great disservice to the hispanic race

carter08
05-06-2007, 07:44 PM
do they come legally? because if they do, they are not treated bad by our citizens. if you are saying that the legal immigrants come here and are treated like crap, then want to sit around, you are doing a great disservice to the hispanic race

You want to attack me, then go ahead.

lets stop the debate about immigration and hispanics.

ANY person who receives un- equal treatment does not perform thier best. America is full of people who are set in thier old ways and mistreat anyone who is different. Go to a High School today. Lots of hate

bulldogman06
05-06-2007, 07:47 PM
You want to attack me, then go ahead.

lets stop the debate about immigration and hispanics.

ANY person who receives un- equal treatment does not perform thier best. America is full of people who are set in thier old ways and mistreat anyone who is different. Go to a High School today. Lots of hate

True, there is a lot of unequal treatment. but that does not matter. you should be able to overcome. my whole argument is about illegal immigration, not legal immigration. im out. im starving

carter08
05-06-2007, 07:49 PM
True, there is a lot of unequal treatment. but that does not matter. you should be able to overcome. my whole argument is about illegal immigration, not legal immigration. im out. im starving

illegal immigrants recieve unfair treatment too

i want food too

Bull19
05-06-2007, 07:50 PM
You missed my point.

people are cruel

yea and then they come to america and cry bout how they have no rights, blah blah blah....well thats what happen when your illegal.......if they lose their desire because they are treated horribly then they apperantly dont want it bad enough...if they did they would take the proper steps to become legal

crzyjournalist03
05-06-2007, 08:04 PM
What part of "illegal" gives anybody a right to freedom in America???

I fully support legal immigration to our country, but if you don't abide by our laws, you don't deserve equal treatment in our country.

Bull19
05-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
What part of "illegal" gives anybody a right to freedom in America???

I fully support legal immigration to our country, but if you don't abide by our laws, you don't deserve equal treatment in our country.

:clap: :clap:

AMEN

smustangs
05-06-2007, 08:26 PM
You missed my point.

people are cruel

then dont come over pretty simple to me

Panther One
05-06-2007, 09:37 PM
My ancestors came over from Germany to this strange land. They spoke a different language than everyone else, but learned the new one because they had to. They were treated horribly, particularly during WWII because they were German. They had death threats made against them and bricks thrown through their windows, yet they never lost the will to make a living in this country, because even though things were tough here, it was still better than the situation from which they came.

sinton66
05-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Well, only half of my ancestors immigrated from Scotland. The other half were already here. Trust me on this, the ones who immigrated from Scotland were treated far better than the ones that were already here.

mustang04
05-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
My ancestors came over from Germany to this strange land. They spoke a different language than everyone else, but learned the new one because they had to. They were treated horribly, particularly during WWII because they were German. They had death threats made against them and bricks thrown through their windows, yet they never lost the will to make a living in this country, because even though things were tough here, it was still better than the situation from which they came.

my ancestors were Irish and came over during the potato famine....the irish were not liked as well and they were treated like crap most of the time as well....

and still....i don't go around demanding reparations from anyone

Gobbla2001
05-06-2007, 09:43 PM
there are some mean people out there... I know some illegals and I am very nice to 'em, can't blame 'em for wantin' to be here...

but it's your fault if you sit on your butt and are lazy... because they are treated like crap they lose their will? here goes another person who does not believe in one being "responsible for their own actions"... or in this case non-actions...

btw, the illegals I know work their booties off...