PDA

View Full Version : The Rocket a Yankee?

JR2004
05-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Won't be enough to help them in my opinion. He'll help, but they need more than him to fix that staff.

DDBooger
05-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Won't be enough to help them in my opinion. He'll help, but they need more than him to fix that staff. don't think he'd agree to play with them after seeing them flounder like they are, then again my Astros aren't an appealing prospect either:doh: Red Sox perhaps? imagine that staff! :eek:

carter08
05-06-2007, 02:30 PM
ESPN.com reporting it'

the guy has a freaking man crush on andy pettite. thats why he keeps following him from team to team.

Yanks will still finish last

SintonFan_inAustin
05-06-2007, 02:33 PM
yep Superman returns to save New York City(yankees).

Panther One
05-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Not surprised. I'm really hoping that my Astros turn their season around now. Would love for the Stros to make the playoffs and the Yanks to miss out.

DDBooger
05-06-2007, 02:40 PM
the version of clemens i'll like the best will be the RED SOX one, even though the stros are my favorite team.

crzyjournalist03
05-06-2007, 03:01 PM
what a sellout...either frickin' retire or play an entire year...this "will he or won't he" is getting old. I've always had a great deal of respect for the man, but the way he made the announcement today in Yankee Stadium makes me wonder if he really wants to pitch or if he just wants the attention that pitching brings him.

crzyjournalist03
05-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Clemens decides he will play for YankeesESPN.com news services

NEW YORK -- Roger Clemens returned to the New York Yankees, making a dramatic announcement to fans from the owner's box during Sunday's game against the Seattle Mariners.

At the end of the seventh-inning stretch, Yankees public address announcer Bob Sheppard told fans to turn their attention to the box, where Clemens was standing with a microphone. As the video scoreboard in right-center televised Clemens, the seven-time Cy Young Award winner made the announcement himself.

"It's a privilege to be back," he said.

Clemens agreed to a minor league contract and most likely will join the Yankees after several weeks getting into shape.

Clemens, who is close friends with Yankees pitcher Andy Pettitte, said Pettitte is going to be upset with him because he kept the news quiet. The two talked as recently as Saturday night and Clemens didn't share the news.

"It's time to go to work," Clemens said. "I've got a lot of work to do, to get back up here."

Bull19
05-06-2007, 03:16 PM
I DONT BELIEVE HI WILL DO THAT MUCH FOR THE YANKS....LETS FACE IT, HE'S GETTING OLD AND PITHCING IN THE AMERICAN LEAGUE ESP. THE DIVISION THE YANKS ARE IN IS NOT AN EASY TASK. I'M BETTING HE WILL STRUGGLE

ON A POSITIVE NOTE THOUGH IM GLAD HE DIDNT COME BACK TO HOUSTON.....PERSONALLY I DONT BELIEVE HE IS WORTH 20+ MILLION FOR A HALF YEAR OF WORK....HOPEFULLY THE STROS CAN USE THAT EXTRA RESERVE CASH AND MAYBE PICK UP A GOOD YOUNGER BALL PLAYER TO HELP THE CAUSE

Reds fan
05-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
I DONT BELIEVE HI WILL DO THAT MUCH FOR THE YANKS....LETS FACE IT, HE'S GETTING OLD AND PITHCING IN THE AMERICAN LEAGUE ESP. THE DIVISION THE YANKS ARE IN IS NOT AN EASY TASK. I'M BETTING HE WILL STRUGGLE

ON A POSITIVE NOTE THOUGH IM GLAD HE DIDNT COME BACK TO HOUSTON.....PERSONALLY I DONT BELIEVE HE IS WORTH 20+ MILLION FOR A HALF YEAR OF WORK....HOPEFULLY THE STROS CAN USE THAT EXTRA RESERVE CASH AND MAYBE PICK UP A GOOD YOUNGER BALL PLAYER TO HELP THE CAUSE

I agree!

Adidas410s
05-06-2007, 03:37 PM
May 6 Updating a previous item, ESPN.com reports New York Yankees SP Roger Clemens has agreed to a minor league contract. He will most likely join the Yankees after spending several weeks getting into shape. His contract will be a pro-rated salary of $28 million. He will make about $4.5 million per month for June, July, August and September. :eek: :eek: :eek:

JasperDog94
05-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
what a sellout...either frickin' retire or play an entire year...this "will he or won't he" is getting old. I've always had a great deal of respect for the man, but the way he made the announcement today in Yankee Stadium makes me wonder if he really wants to pitch or if he just wants the attention that pitching brings him. Word.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
He will make about $4.5 million per month for June, July, August and September. :eek: :eek: :eek: :crazy1: for a team that wont even make the playoffs.:D

JasperDog94
05-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Is it wrong to hope he tweaks a hammy?:evilgrin:

zebrablue2
05-06-2007, 07:40 PM
No matter what the man may say it is all about Roger. 3 years
ago it was all about family, and coming home. He is going back
to the Yanks 1 month earlier than he came back to us in 2006.
We finished 1 game behind the Cards last year. A month earlier
and maybe 2 more wins. Whatever. I will never watch this man
pitch a live game again, not interested. He is, and has always
been a true sellout. Enjoy the yanksters and Georgies $$$$$$$.

crzyjournalist03
05-06-2007, 08:00 PM
It's crazy to think that A-rod is now the second highest paid player on his team. (Technically, Alex will make more money since he's playing the whole season, but once Clemens arrives, his paycheck will be bigger than Rodriguez's). Clemens might help New York once every five days...no way a pitcher is EVER worth more than the best hitter in the game.

3afan
05-07-2007, 08:18 AM
so much for 'family' - he's all about the $ - what a hypocrite

JasperDog94
05-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
so much for 'family' - he's all about the $ - what a hypocrite Word.

District303aPastPlayer
05-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
so much for 'family' - he's all about the $ - what a hypocrite

making more money to support your family, isn't being all about your family?

and would the sentiment be the same, had he signed with the Sox?

JasperDog94
05-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
making more money to support your family, isn't being all about your family?

and would the sentiment be the same, had he signed with the Sox? Oh yes. It's all about supporting his family. After all, he might want to supersize that meal. How's a man supposed to eat and feed his family?:rolleyes:

This is all about ego. Roger wants to go into the Hall as a Yankee. This will allow him to do that.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94

This is all about ego. Roger wants to go into the Hall as a Yankee. This will allow him to do that. :thumbsup: bullseye!

District303aPastPlayer
05-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Oh yes. It's all about supporting his family. After all, he might want to supersize that meal. How's a man supposed to eat and feed his family?:rolleyes:

This is all about ego. Roger wants to go into the Hall as a Yankee. This will allow him to do that.

glad to know you know him personally and are able to convey the message to us.

JasperDog94
05-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
glad to know you know him personally and are able to convey the message to us. Glad I could be of assistance.:D