PDA

View Full Version : Who did Romance Taylor sign with?

KTA
05-06-2007, 01:52 PM
seems like I seen he signed a free agent contract with somebody just cant remember who???

Adidas410s
05-06-2007, 01:56 PM
RAMONCE Taylor hasn't signed with anybody. Latest word is that the Dallas Desperados are considering him...

injuredinmelee
05-06-2007, 02:35 PM
such a huge waste of talent. Use him as an example to teach your children lessons in applying yourself at school. Mention his extreme gifts and how he squandered the opportunities those gifts would have opened for him had he just tried to be a decent student and a law abiding citizen.

Old Tiger
05-06-2007, 04:57 PM
He was Reggie Bush like prior to all this stuff that has occured.

burnet44
05-06-2007, 10:42 PM
no

look nn's

IF he was that good he would be somewhere
granted he has to be better because of his past

he is not that good ok

if you are good enough
SOMEBODY will give you a chance
even clarett got a chance

romance is just not good enough

IDK how good you think he is
trust me he aint

Txbroadcaster
05-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
no

look nn's

IF he was that good he would be somewhere
granted he has to be better because of his past

he is not that good ok

if you are good enough
SOMEBODY will give you a chance
even clarett got a chance

romance is just not good enough

IDK how good you think he is
trust me he aint

Your right..His 40 times in work outs was EXTERMELY slow for someone whoe biggest strength was supposed to be speed

theyoefnshow
05-07-2007, 12:00 AM
weed = munchies = weight gain = slower = no NFL contract = more (cheaper) weed.

There's your story and it's vicious cycle. I was really pullin for the guy.

Old Tiger
05-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Your right..His 40 times in work outs was EXTERMELY slow for someone whoe biggest strength was supposed to be speed A year out of the conditioning that he was in at Texas can do that to you. He was a 4.2-4.3 forty guy prior to all of this when he was enrolled at Texas. Case and point;

Mike Williams - USC
Maurice Clarrett - tOSU
Ramonce Taylor - UT

big daddy russ
05-07-2007, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
A year out of the conditioning that he was in at Texas can do that to you. He was a 4.2-4.3 forty guy prior to all of this when he was enrolled at Texas. Case and point;

Mike Williams - USC
Maurice Clarrett - tOSU
Ramonce Taylor - UT
Well he's always been kind of a 'tweener. Much smaller than Reggie Bush, not able to accelerate or change directions quite like Bush, probably a mid-round pick (I'd guess third through fifth) even if he would've stayed at UT.

Throw in some character concerns, his stock drops at least a round. With the character concerns around this particular guy, we'll say it dropped two. Add some questions about his work ethic and desire and top it off with a bad showing at his workouts and you have someone who dropped out of the draft entirely.

He wasn't a Mo Clarett or Mike Williams-type talent, so he needed to have the best showing possible to overcome those character issues... especially with Goodell's hard line towards misconduct.

Honestly, I doubt Taylor would've ever started on an NFL team at RB, and he's definitely not an NFL wideout just yet. He needs a lot of work to become one, and that'd be the only position he'd ever hope to start at.

On the other hand, he could've been a great situational back and special teams player and could've also possibly developed into a pretty good receiver over time.

burnet44
05-07-2007, 08:16 AM
ill use your words

WAS
SLOW
WORK
DESIRE
WEED

and one you left out
brains
you cant be dumb and play
he cant stay in school
which shows he cant or choses not to learn
all bad things in the WORK world
in whatever profession you get into

good points

just another kid now

Phil C
05-07-2007, 08:52 AM
He made some big plays for UT when they won the NC against USC and other teams during the season. He had a lot of potential. Too bad he wasted it.

District303aPastPlayer
05-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Well he's always been kind of a 'tweener. Much smaller than Reggie Bush, not able to accelerate or change directions quite like Bush, probably a mid-round pick (I'd guess third through fifth) even if he would've stayed at UT.

Throw in some character concerns, his stock drops at least a round. With the character concerns around this particular guy, we'll say it dropped two. Add some questions about his work ethic and desire and top it off with a bad showing at his workouts and you have someone who dropped out of the draft entirely.

He wasn't a Mo Clarett or Mike Williams-type talent, so he needed to have the best showing possible to overcome those character issues... especially with Goodell's hard line towards misconduct.

Honestly, I doubt Taylor would've ever started on an NFL team at RB, and he's definitely not an NFL wideout just yet. He needs a lot of work to become one, and that'd be the only position he'd ever hope to start at.

On the other hand, he could've been a great situational back and special teams player and could've also possibly developed into a pretty good receiver over time.

just let the bronco's sign him, he'll be a 1000 yard back

burnet44
05-07-2007, 11:56 AM
just like Clarette

Macarthur
05-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Man, I disagree. I think he was much more talented than Clarett or Mike Williams.

And this is coming from someone that is not a UT fan.

big daddy russ
05-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Man, I disagree. I think he was much more talented than Clarett or Mike Williams.

And this is coming from someone that is not a UT fan.
Clarett was bigger and more physical and had the ability to break tackles. Williams was a freak athletically and one of the three best WR prospects to come out of the college game in the last five years.

Taylor was a hell of an athlete, quick, explosive, and great hands out of the backfield. But where would he have fit in on an NFL team? He's not physical enough to be an every-down NFL running back. He's not polished enough (route-running) and doesn't have the hands of an NFL WR. It's a completely different ballgame from college to the NFL, just like it is from HS to college.

His bio says that he weighs in at 195. Undersized for pro back, but serviceable. Kenny Irons was drafted in the second round, weighs in right at 200 and is expected to compete for a starting job.

But there's a huuuuge difference between the two... Irons excells between the tackles and thrives on contact. That's not Taylor's style.

He's better-suited for the outside game more prevalent in college, and his abilities translate much better to the college level than the pros. He's a lot like Napoleon Kaufman, Travis Minor, and (still in college) Steve Slaton and Mike Hart. If you want to equate it to all-around college players, think Jaxson Appel (a four-year starter at TAMU), Gino Torretta, Corey Moore, and Josh Heupel. Great college players...some of the best of all time... but their talents and skill set doesn't translate to great success in the pros.

Like I said, I could see him maybe being a third, maybe even second-round pick if he would've come out. If a team would've taken him in and done an Antwan Randle-El or Hines Ward with him where they developed him as a receiver, he could've eventually started there.

But what you're realistically looking at as an NFL talent evaluator is a guy who's either a project at WR or a situational RB.

Macarthur
05-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Well, a 2nd or 3rd rounder is nothing to sneeze at.

I just remember him as a guy that never looked like he was running fast because he was so smooth, but he was always passing people. I agree that he was not real heavy, but I also remember him being deceptively strong. He wasn't a guy that you could just bring down with one arm.