View Full Version : T-Mac

eagles_victory
05-06-2007, 12:14 AM
gotta feel bad for this guy after seeing his post game press conference

Bull's-eye
05-06-2007, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
gotta feel bad for this guy after seeing his post game press conference

Yes, heard the interview on the way home. Rockets will need to find a power forward and add some help to their bench. Utah was the better team in this series, but I'm still very proud of the way the Rockets left it all on the line.

Emerson1
05-06-2007, 12:31 AM
So who will GS be playing in the WCF?

Bull's-eye
05-06-2007, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
So who will GS be playing in the WCF?

I wouldn't count out Utah, they have a good chance to defeat GS.

I'm going for SA Spurs, last hope for the Texas teams.

JR2004
05-06-2007, 01:06 AM
I have a hard time feeling bad for multi-millionaires losing a basketball game.

I wonder how many folks (and I'm sure there are many who feel bad for him.) who are feeling bad for McGrady after seeing that tear stream down his face in the press conference, would feel as bad if it had been Kobe or Dirk after the game six loss.

DU_stud04
05-06-2007, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by JR2004

I wonder how many folks (and I'm sure there are many who feel bad for him.) who are feeling bad for McGrady after seeing that tear stream down his face in the press conference, would feel as bad if it had been Kobe or Dirk after the game six loss. bad comparison, mcgrady hasnt been past the first round and its rough for a player as talented as he is to not be able to.

3afan
05-06-2007, 06:26 AM

ditto .........

carter08
05-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Yea, really need a PF. Howard is not that good anymore

Gerald Wallace is going to be a free agent. I'd love if the Rockets somehow acquired him

maestro
05-06-2007, 09:07 AM
i also beleive that the rockets need a " go to system".

utah, pho, and others....when it gets rough, you can almost predict the set play coming up....it calms people down.

i love the high pick and roll with yao and mcgrady......

but yet many times this successful set went unused.

and does anyone doubt anymore why goons like rodman were sooooooooo valuable???

r.....e.......b.....o.........u.....n......d...... .. the ball.

big daddy russ
05-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Yea, really need a PF. Howard is not that good anymore

Gerald Wallace is going to be a free agent. I'd love if the Rockets somehow acquired him
Wallace is a G/F. Don't know whether or not that's where you meant to go with that, just trying to understand your logic.

Howard's still a solid defender and a good hustle player. He's the kind of guy who does all the little things, but has always been a little more of a 'tweener than a pure PF. His rebounding skills have slid the past few years.

I know Anderson Varejao, Antonio McDyess, Antawn Jamison, and Darko Milicic are all on the market this summer. On the other hand, though, Jamison's a 'tweener just like Howard, Darko's not a VanGundy-type of player (still a soft player and a liability on defense), and it may be hard to lure McDyess and Varejao away from the Pistons and Cavs.

My personal opinion? You guys need to sign Oscar Robertson and Bob Pettit. Would give you another big guard who can score, defend, shoot, and set others up, and a PF who's a great rebounder and can get in there and bang.

Sounds like a plan to me.

carter08
05-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Wallace is a G/F. Don't know whether or not that's where you meant to go with that, just trying to understand your logic.

Howard's still a solid defender and a good hustle player. He's the kind of guy who does all the little things, but has always been a little more of a 'tweener than a pure PF. His rebounding skills have slid the past few years.

I know Anderson Varejao, Antonio McDyess, Antawn Jamison, and Darko Milicic are all on the market this summer. On the other hand, though, Jamison's a 'tweener just like Howard, Darko's not a VanGundy-type of player (still a soft player and a liability on defense), and it may be hard to lure McDyess and Varejao away from the Pistons and Cavs.

My personal opinion? You guys need to sign Oscar Robertson and Bob Pettit. Would give you another big guard who can score, defend, shoot, and set others up, and a PF who's a great rebounder and can get in there and bang.

Sounds like a plan to me.

yea, I kinda went off in 2 directions

I was looking for FA PF, and before i could find one I saw Wallace's name, and was like "We Need Him"

Darko may not be a Van Gundy type player, but Van Gundy is gone, so it won't matter.

big daddy russ
05-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Darko may not be a Van Gundy type player, but Van Gundy is gone, so it won't matter.
Yeah, I just saw that report. But remember, Van Gundy hasn't officially announced his resignation just yet.

If someone could make Darko a little more aggressive, he'd be a great PF. IMO, he's the most skilled big man in the league, he just can't play defense and doesn't take over games.

carter08
05-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Yeah, I just saw that report. But remember, Van Gundy hasn't officially announced his resignation just yet.

If someone could make Darko a little more aggressive, he'd be a great PF. IMO, he's the most skilled big man in the league, he just can't play defense and doesn't take over games.

We've been hearing for about a week down here that Van Gundy is gone. It will happen.

Darko and larry Brown don't mix, so I;d rather get Darko

eagles_victory
05-06-2007, 01:09 PM

. when you see somone as upset as T-Mac was its hard not to feel bad for him

JR2004
05-06-2007, 01:15 PM
I saw it. I don't feel bad for him. There's more important things to feel bad about than a grown man getting upset that he can't make it out of the first round of the NBA playoffs.

Lamar Odom I feel bad for because of his son dying last summer. Feeling bad for something as trivial as this? Not a chance.

big daddy russ
05-06-2007, 01:36 PM
We've been hearing for about a week down here that Van Gundy is gone. It will happen.

Darko and larry Brown don't mix, so I;d rather get Darko
Personally, I think Brown would be a better addition than Darko, but that's just me.

IHStangFan
05-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by maestro
i also beleive that the rockets need a " go to system".

utah, pho, and others....when it gets rough, you can almost predict the set play coming up....it calms people down.

i love the high pick and roll with yao and mcgrady......

but yet many times this successful set went unused.

and does anyone doubt anymore why goons like rodman were sooooooooo valuable???

r.....e.......b.....o.........u.....n......d...... .. the ball. EXACTLY!!!! Amen brother....I was wondering if I was the only one that noticed that Houston just DIDN'T rebound unless the ball basically fell into their hands. No urgency to rebound, when the ball was shot....the Rockets would just turn and head back down court, the Jazz usually got an uncontested rebound. In my mind, this is what lost the series for them.