PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs Giddings 3rd round play-offs.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-05-2007, 11:58 PM
This will be the battle of two district 23 teams, will Giddings be too much for the Brahmannetts, or is Bellville, who beat the #1 team in the state, getting hot at the right time? This will be a good one to see, both teams have what it takes to make a run to the state game, it is just too bad one of these teams will not be in the next round. Look for who wins this one to make the final four.

Bull19
05-06-2007, 03:37 PM
any ideas on where the game(s) will be played???? im thinking maybe blinn jc field at the new field complex in brenham??

Reds fan
05-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Is there enough seating there? Last year Bellville/Sealy playoff series @ Cinco Ranch was full and Bellville/Barbers Hill at Cy-Fair the fences were lined with folks and all the way around the outfield fences too.

Blinn field has limited viewing except from the stands.

Bull19
05-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Is there enough seating there? Last year Bellville/Sealy playoff series @ Cinco Ranch was full and Bellville/Barbers Hill at Cy-Fair the fences were lined with folks and all the way around the outfield fences too.

Blinn field has limited viewing except from the stands.

good point..didnt think bout seating..yea last year at cy-fair was amazing..that was a great turnout and atmosphere

WO-S 89
05-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Who won between Bellville and Giddings in district play.

Bull19
05-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by WO-S 89
giddings

buff4life
05-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by WO-S 89

Giddings both times....one in a blowout...and the other in nine innings

nette_mom
05-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Bellville loses the toss again!
Games are set!!
Thursday @ 7:00 in Weimar
Friday @ 7:00 in Weimar
Saturday @ 11:00 am in Weimar (if needed)

Reds fan
05-07-2007, 09:59 AM
GO BRAHMANETTES!!!!!!!!!!!!

buff4ever
05-07-2007, 10:54 AM
This ought to be a great series. I would recommend to any softball fan out there to come to this matchup. It is a shame they have to meet up this round already, but that is how it happens. I am atleast glad it is a series for us, b/c I would hate to have to have a one game playoff for this spot and have to beat Bellville (a very good team) for the third straight time. Good luck to both teams, and may the winner go all the way.

nette_mom
05-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Time change....
Thursday @ 8:00 pm

Bull19
05-07-2007, 11:21 AM
the way it has been nette mom you might as well just tell everyone what times the game will be like a few hours before, because the way its been going im sure they will change location and times AT LEAST 5 more times!

nette_mom
05-07-2007, 11:46 AM
So true..............

pirate4state
05-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Good Luck to both teams!! Should be a GREAT series!!

Darren
05-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Good Luck to both teams!! Should be a GREAT series!!

Getem' Giddings...

zebrablue2
05-08-2007, 07:06 AM
what a great spot to play these games. seating will not be a
problem. this is one of the most awsome stadiums in the state.
i believe bellville is hot at the right time of the year, they will
ride lauren luetge into the next round. bellville in three.

Reds fan
05-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
what a great spot to play these games. seating will not be a
problem. this is one of the most awsome stadiums in the state.
i believe bellville is hot at the right time of the year, they will
ride lauren luetge into the next round. bellville in three.

Looking forward to seeing this facility! Luetge has been terrific and it will take a continued team effort with the bats for Bellville to go on. A lot of the girls stepped up last week against Bridge City and got key hits at big times. In the circle, Giddings has two very good pitchers and Bellville is capable of matching that. Defense and baserunning will be the variable that determines the outcome of this series. I agree the series will go to the third game but can't make a call on which team will come out on top.

Good luck to both teams and play safe!

coach_in_red
05-08-2007, 01:21 PM
MY BET IS ON BELLVILLE!

I know these girls and if they really want to accomplish something bad enough, they can make it happen.
DON'T SAY THEY WILL RIDE LUETGE ALL THE WAY....she is a great pitcher and a fun player to watch, but if all you needed was one player, they wouldn't have 9 players on the field!!!!

To beat Giddings, it will be a total team effort! GO GET UM GIRLS!:cool:

zebrablue2
05-08-2007, 02:28 PM
it dosen't just take 9 on the field, it is a total team effort, each
young lady on this team could be the difference. my point was
Lauren is the only SR. on the team. in my eyes she will be the
difference. that extra year of experience means everything.
good luck to both teams, have fun with this. win or lose, leave
it all on the field, and move on to the next good thing in life..

coach_in_red
05-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
it dosen't just take 9 on the field, it is a total team effort, each
young lady on this team could be the difference. my point was
Lauren is the only SR. on the team. in my eyes she will be the
difference. that extra year of experience means everything.
good luck to both teams, have fun with this. win or lose, leave
it all on the field, and move on to the next good thing in life..

well--you are right...it is a total team effort and everyone on the team is important. I didn't mean to leave anyone out! I just think people always look to the 'pitcher' as the difference and yes, I know softball is a pitchers game-BUT everyone has to contribute.

She may be the only senior, BUT on this team of ball players, I don't think that will really matter. They all have a great amount of experience.

3ABirdMan
05-08-2007, 03:24 PM
I f Bellville hits the way they did last week-end, they will go all the way. I have watched Conner from BC throw school and summer ball for 3 years, and I have never seen her hit as hard and often as last week-end.

Best of luck, Bellville!

BTEXDAD
05-08-2007, 05:17 PM
On thursday, Lexington will be playing Weimar at the Weimar stadium at 6 o'clock, or just prior to Giddings vs Bellville. They are two of the best teams in 2A. (Then they will be going to Lexington on Friday night.)

Any Giddings and Bellville fans planning to go to game Thursday night can go a couple hours earlier and watch some good softball and get primed for the main event. LOL. I plan to be there at 6:00.

Edited info: Weimar ranked #2 and Lexington #3 per TGCA poll.

allforball
05-08-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm gonna pull for Bellville in this one. More playoff experience. If Luetge can be a leader for her team both offensively and defensively, the team will follow. I haven't seen them alot this year but I hope they learned a lesson from the LG series 2 years ago .... go with what got you there and ride it all the way.

Reds fan
05-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
On thursday, Lexington will be playing Weimar at the Weimar stadium at 6 o'clock, or just prior to Giddings vs Bellville. They are two of the best teams in 2A. (Then they will be going to Lexington on Friday night.)

Any Giddings and Bellville fans planning to go to game Thursday night can go a couple hours earlier and watch some good softball and get primed for the main event. LOL. I plan to be there at 6:00.

Thanks for the info BTEXDAD, should be a great double billing!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD

Will they clear the stadium after the 1st game? How Many people will the stands hold in Weimar?

hookandladder
05-10-2007, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Will they clear the stadium after the 1st game? How Many people will the stands hold in Weimar?

Go to Yahoo and search Weimar Softball then click on Weimar Sports Organization. There is a picture of the field their, you are in for a real treat. The field is a mini replicate of the Texas Lady LongHorns field, very steep bleachers but great view of game. Right on top of the action. Weimar has some very giving citizens, most all of the money for both the boy's and girl's field's were donated. Great support for baseball and also have 2 great coaches that = State Chapionships.

18handicap
05-10-2007, 02:26 PM
http://www.weimarsports.org/Sports-Complex/photos.html

Seating for about 900 is what I've been told by the Weimar folk.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-11-2007, 11:36 PM
Game 3 Sat. morning.