PDA

View Full Version : Bellville beats # 1 Bridge City 8-1.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Bellville beats #1 bridge city to win the round. Bellville won Game 1, 1-0 Bridge City won game 2, 3-2, and Bellville won game 3, 8-1 to move on to the next round vs Giddings. Bellville and Giddings are in the same district.

sinton66
05-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Congrats lady Brahmas!

buff4life
05-05-2007, 06:43 PM
it doesn't seem like two district rivals should be meeting in the third round..

3ABirdMan
05-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Congrats to the Bellville ladies - They brought their "A" game, and BC forgot their bats. Bellville played 3 really good games, and I congratulate you! LL, you did a great job of keeping us off-balance for 3 games - Congrats as well!

I must follow the series with these comments..............

To the Bellville players and parents and fans -

You are to be commended for your sportsmanship and behaviour. You ALL showed your class and character, both in winning (twice, dang it! :mad: ) and in losing (only once - dang it again! :o ). You were worthy opponents, and never attacked a player for either team or the umpires, all the while cheering FOR your team and never AGAINST ours. For that, I say THANK YOU!

In all seriousness - I wish you gals the best of luck as you play forward! Enjoy your Prom tonight, and be safe!

Thank You for a great series, from a BC parent........:clap:

sinton66
05-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
it doesn't seem like two district rivals should be meeting in the third round..

BC's dist. 21, Bellville's dist 23.

sinton66
05-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
Congrats to the Bellville ladies - They brought their "A" game, and BC forgot their bats. Bellville played 3 really good games, and I congratulate you! LL, you did a great job of keeping us off-balance for 3 games - Congrats as well!

You are to be commended for your sportsmanship and behaviour. You ALL showed your class and character, both in winning (twice, dang it! :mad: ) and in losing (only once - dang it again! :o ). You were worthy opponents, and never attacked a player for either team or the umpires, all the while cheering FOR your team and never AGAINST ours. For that, I say THANK YOU!

In all seriousness - I wish you gals the best of luck as you play forward! Enjoy your Prom tonight, and be safe!

Very classy post, my friend.

3ABirdMan
05-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Call 'em like you see 'em................

nette_mom
05-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Thanks Bridge City Fans! Well we made it home, we got hair, make-up, dresses, and dates and off to the PROM! A little bit stressed, but all worth it! We are sooooooooooo proud of our girls for coming back today and putting forth such an awesome effort. They really had to dig deep to get themselves geared up and ready to play. They all made it to the prom and they all look sooooooooooo Beautiful!!! Way to go BRAHMANETTES!!!

Reds fan
05-05-2007, 09:22 PM
WAY 2 GO Brahmanettes!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
BC's dist. 21, Bellville's dist 23.

Hey 66, how is it going? I think she meant Giddings and Bellville for the 3rd round. They are in the same district.

3&2count
05-06-2007, 12:12 AM
I know Bellville has been through a lot this year and we wish them all the best and hope they keep rolling.

Good luck.

Bull's-eye
05-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Congratulations Bellville!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

3aSoftball4Mom
05-06-2007, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan

:clap:
Bird man you are always classy and fair, but I think that this is the classiest post that I have every seen, (except for maybe the nette_mom's posts :D she's the best.)
But seriously, It brought a tear to my eye. :)

anyway....congratulations to Bridge City for another fine season.

and
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Congratulations to the Brahmanettes, on your series win and good luck next week.

good luck to both Giddings and Bellville

3&2count
05-06-2007, 12:27 AM
Two district rivals can meet either in the third round or in the regional finals. It depends on your seeding. 1st/3rd can meet up in the 3rd round. 2nd seed could play 1st or 3rd in the regional finals. You know you are in a good district when you knock each other out of the playoffs.

3aSoftball4Mom
05-06-2007, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by nette_mom
Thanks Bridge City Fans! Well we made it home, we got hair, make-up, dresses, and dates and off to the PROM! A little bit stressed, but all worth it! We are sooooooooooo proud of our girls for coming back today and putting forth such an awesome effort. They really had to dig deep to get themselves geared up and ready to play. They all made it to the prom and they all look sooooooooooo Beautiful!!! Way to go BRAHMANETTES!!!

What I want to know is... did hair or nail appointments have to be cancelled?

Our hair appt. was at 11:00 so if we had to play today, I guess I would have been doing hair.......which wouldn't have been pretty!! :D

Glad ya'll made it ok!!
Congrats!!

nette_mom
05-06-2007, 11:40 AM
We had to do nails and toes thurs., all hair and make-up had to be cancelled and rescheduled, but the worst was the traffic on i-45 due to the shut down of Nasa Road 1. We arrived in Bellville at 3:50, showered, had make-up done, I did hair, and we were ready to go at 5:30. I must say she was sooooooooooo beautiful I was speechless.

Reds fan
05-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Bet that will be one unforgetable day!!!

Parents going nuts trying to pull off all the last minute arrangements, girls trying to stay focused, freeway closures, rain postponing Game 1, three different game locations before knowing for sure, and facing the #1 ranked team in Texas. What else could have been thrown at Bellville?

Speaks volumes about what it takes for a team to be successful and how important support from family and fans can be so the girls could stay focused on the job at hand!

Fantastic job by all involved with the program!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

3aSoftball4Mom
05-07-2007, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by nette_mom
We had to do nails and toes thurs., all hair and make-up had to be cancelled and rescheduled, but the worst was the traffic on i-45 due to the shut down of Nasa Road 1. We arrived in Bellville at 3:50, showered, had make-up done, I did hair, and we were ready to go at 5:30. I must say she was sooooooooooo beautiful I was speechless.

I bet she was absolutely beautiful!!!
but then again, she's always beautiful, mom!
we were thinking about ya'll when we were getting hair done at 11:00.
It turned out so bad and not what she wanted, after crying all the way home from Katy, I had to redo her hair when we got home! And I am NOT a hair person, but it turned out pretty anyway!:)
Hope they had a wonderful time.
Good luck this week.