PDA

View Full Version : may 5th fight predictions?

DU_stud04
05-05-2007, 12:26 PM
my picks, the first 2 are my ko predicts from each fighter

if delahoya ko's mayweather itll come from a left hook in the 7th round.

mayweather ko's delahoya, itll be from a combo ending with a right in the 9th

i have mayweather picked to win this one in the 9th, by decision if he doesnt knock dlh out

what are yalls predictions?

District303aPastPlayer
05-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Mayweather, 1:26 into round 8. KO

SintonFan_inAustin
05-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
my picks, the first 2 are my ko predicts from each fighter

if delahoya ko's mayweather itll come from a left hook in the 7th round.

mayweather ko's delahoya, itll be from a combo ending with a right in the 9th

i have mayweather picked to win this one in the 9th, by decision if he doesnt knock dlh out

what are yalls predictions? if it goes beyond 3 rounds Mayweather is in trouble as he will most likely use everything he has in first 3 rounds going for the quick KO

piratebg
05-05-2007, 12:32 PM
I don't really care who wins, although most of my family would be quick to jump me if I don't pick De La Hoya

DU_stud04
05-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
if it goes beyond 3 rounds Mayweather is in trouble as he will most likely use everything he has in first 3 rounds going for the quick KO haha, are you serious? thats not his style of boxing at all and if he does tire out it wont be till at least the 11th, which hell still be running hard, delahoya will tire out a few rounds before mayweather and thats when floyd will take control.

he is looking pretty damn good at 154...wait 150, most boxers gain about 5-10 lbs after initial weight in, mayweather will go in tonight probably 149 150, while delahoya comes in at 164. Oscar cant press the issue, but he has to box from the outside. But somehow still impose his size.
Well will see whos game plans is better in less than 10 hours!

i cant wait, been watching nothing but highlight films all weekend when ihavent been studying.:D

Pmoney
05-05-2007, 12:46 PM
De La Hoya...8th Rd KO

eagles_victory
05-05-2007, 01:25 PM
to me De La Hoya is overrated and this fight has been a little overrated with all this the fight that saves boxing stuff, however its still gonna be huge but i have Floyd in the 6th round by ko

Emerson1
05-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
to me De La Hoya is overrated and this fight has been a little overrated with all this the fight that saves boxing stuff, however its still gonna be huge but i have Floyd in the 6th round by ko
I know, it's gonna be like every other boxing match that has ever taken place.

Matthew328
05-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Mayweather go for the quick KO?? Thats not his style at all...

JJ7997
05-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Wish I didnt have to work and could watch it.

BILLYFRED0000
05-05-2007, 01:45 PM
It is already fixed.....

JJ7997
05-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
It is already fixed.....

:confused:

JR2004
05-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Mayweather wins by the fight judges decision.

Fal44
05-05-2007, 03:52 PM
ehh don't much about boxing, but ill take de la hoya... umm in the 9th round...

Chris Hart
05-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
It is already fixed..... I don't think the 'fight' itself is fixed, but, I do think DeLaHoya and Mayweather have been working together on this one for some time as a true MONEYMAKER! DLH is close to the Mayweather family, and this is a win/win situation for both IMO. If DLH wins, their will be 'the rematch' that really brings in the bucks. If Mayweather wins(which I think will happen) they both make huge bucks and Mayweather is established as the new PPV fighter for the future. IMO, the fight itself is a huge one and could go one of 3 ways. DLH lands a solid shot and ends up knocking out Floyd, or Mayweather wins by KO or decision. OSCAR IS NOT GONNA OUTPOINT MAYWEATHER!!!! I can't wait for it to start!!!!

My prediction= Mayweather by unanimous decision 117-111, 118-110 and 115- 113:)

DDBooger
05-05-2007, 07:56 PM
anyone trying to order this having problems? phone circuits are all busy or not connecting and the website is slow as hell.

turbostud
05-05-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm picking De La Hoya. He steps it up a notch for big fights. Mayweather is super fast.

VanKampen
05-05-2007, 08:10 PM
my prediction: last big fight in boxing history. MMA is taking over.

Chris Hart
05-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
anyone trying to order this having problems? phone circuits are all busy or not connecting and the website is slow as hell. I ordered around 6:00 on Dish network and had no problems, and it's on now. I'm getting it on DVR and just waiting about an hour and a half before starting, that way I can just FFWD through all the junk. They're still in the 6th round of an undercard figt presently. Did you ever get your order through Booger?

44INAROW
05-05-2007, 08:56 PM
I am watching the fight lol son rented it - we also watched 24/7 on HBO this afternoon - I hope DelaHoya wins, :)

DDBooger
05-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I ordered around 6:00 on Dish network and had no problems, and it's on now. I'm getting it on DVR and just waiting about an hour and a half before starting, that way I can just FFWD through all the junk. They're still in the 6th round of an undercard figt presently. Did you ever get your order through Booger? nope, still trying to get through, by phone and internet. DIRECTV is a piece of $@%@$#$ and isn't worth @$#$#$@ if i see a DIRECTV employee im whippin his #@$#$, now that im done venting screw it, im bout to give up and grab a beer

SintonFan_inAustin
05-05-2007, 09:32 PM
nope, still trying to get through, by phone and internet. if i see a DIRECTV employee im whippin his #@$#$ :D Mayweather has waited for this night since he was a little kid. He has hated De La Hoya since then.

DDBooger
05-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:D Mayweather has waited for this night since he was a little kid. He has hated De La Hoya since then. I FINALLY GOT THROUGH! HAHAHA im watching the fight, the prefights were all scrubs anyways

turbostud
05-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Mayweather just entered in a sombrero and robe with the colors of the Mexican Flag.

DU_stud04
05-06-2007, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I don't think the 'fight' itself is fixed, but, I do think DeLaHoya and Mayweather have been working together on this one for some time as a true MONEYMAKER! DLH is close to the Mayweather family, and this is a win/win situation for both IMO. If DLH wins, their will be 'the rematch' that really brings in the bucks. If Mayweather wins(which I think will happen) they both make huge bucks and Mayweather is established as the new PPV fighter for the future. IMO, the fight itself is a huge one and could go one of 3 ways. DLH lands a solid shot and ends up knocking out Floyd, or Mayweather wins by KO or decision. OSCAR IS NOT GONNA OUTPOINT MAYWEATHER!!!! I can't wait for it to start!!!!

My prediction= Mayweather by unanimous decision 117-111, 118-110 and 115- 113:)

mayweather said 6 months ago after this fight he is retiring and start training fighters.... there is no one else in his weight class, he;d have to bump up again to welterweight and then id like to see go against sugar shane mosley

DU_stud04
05-06-2007, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by VanKampen
my prediction: last big fight in boxing history. MMA is taking over. it wont be the last big fight of boxing, boxing is still big besides here in usa, and once boxing is brought back to mainstream( i.e matches covered by abc) then boxing can rejuvenate very well here in the states

DU_stud04
05-06-2007, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
Mayweather just entered in a sombrero and robe with the colors of the Mexican Flag. i thought it was hilarious

DDBooger
05-06-2007, 02:20 AM
you think if delayhoya had come out in a afro sagging jeans and a fubu shirt surrounded by hoes that al sharpton would have pushed for him being admonished :) probably:D

eagles_victory
05-06-2007, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
it wont be the last big fight of boxing, boxing is still big besides here in usa, and once boxing is brought back to mainstream( i.e matches covered by abc) then boxing can rejuvenate very well here in the states IMO it starts and ends with the heavy weight division when it comes to boxing popularity. When boxing is at its prime is when it has that heavyweight fighter that everyone can follow. If the heavyweight division can get its popularity back then other divisons shall follow and boxing will be back on the map.

Another thing I dont think boxing will die out just because of all the great history that it has.

My suggestions to bring boxing back

1. go back to 15 rounds people dont want to pay all this money to see it go to score cards which are corrupt half the time. This takes some of the corruptness out and we see who the true winner is people feel they get there moneys worth.

2. Boxing is going to have to be brought back more to the basic cable and major networks. A sport is going to have a hard time being succesful when almost all of its shows are on premium networks and pay per view people just cant afford to follow it therefore lack of intrest becomes a problem

3. When having fights on pay per view the price has to be brought down 55 dollars for a fight is too much. Most of the undercard never lives up so ur basically paying 55 dollars for one fight i think that has to be corrected.

DU_stud04
05-06-2007, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
IMO it starts and ends with the heavy weight division when it comes to boxing popularity. When boxing is at its prime is when it has that heavyweight fighter that everyone can follow. If the heavyweight division can get its popularity back then other divisons shall follow and boxing will be back on the map.

Another thing I dont think boxing will die out just because of all the great history that it has.

My suggestions to bring boxing back

1. go back to 15 rounds people dont want to pay all this money to see it go to score cards which are corrupt half the time. This takes some of the corruptness out and we see who the true winner is people feel they get there moneys worth.

2. Boxing is going to have to be brought back more to the basic cable and major networks. A sport is going to have a hard time being succesful when almost all of its shows are on premium networks and pay per view people just cant afford to follow it therefore lack of intrest becomes a problem

3. When having fights on pay per view the price has to be brought down 55 dollars for a fight is too much. Most of the undercard never lives up so ur basically paying 55 dollars for one fight i think that has to be corrected. nicely put, ive used this same agrument on another board when talking about mma and how boxing is dead. some weekends the undercards are awesome, i think the best boxing weekends i had was about 3 weekends ago, 3 awesome fights, then valuev was on aswell.....4 awesome fights that night and i loved it.

they are working on bringing it back to cable

Jermain Taylor vs. Cory Spinks, 12 rounds, for Taylor's Ring/WBC/WBO middleweight titles; Kelly Pavlik vs. Edison Miranda, 12 rounds, WBC middleweight eliminator; Ronald Hearns vs. Dennis Sharpe, 8 rounds, middleweights

^^^was trying to get on abc(which is in 2 saturdays) but couldnt get enough ad sales and had it switched over to hbo.

i hate how i cant see boxing on cable, besides espn wednesday and friday night fights, i mean, dont get me wrong, there are some good fights, but those arent the ppv guys yet, they jsut trying to get there.

DU_stud04
05-06-2007, 02:37 AM
you think if delayhoya had come out in a afro sagging jeans and a fubu shirt surrounded by hoes that al sharpton would have pushed for him being admonished :) probably:D :clap: :clap: :clap:

DU_stud04
05-06-2007, 02:58 AM
I FINALLY GOT THROUGH! HAHAHA im watching the fight, the prefights were all scrubs anyways i was watching them alittle bit, we has espn classics on and had some awesome fights to watch on the side when there wasnt any action. one of the guys though, i cant remember right now who he was, had a very mean jab. just mmmeeeeeeeeaaaaaannnnnn