PDA

View Full Version : My Biggest Scare So Far

piratebg
05-05-2007, 12:02 PM
I put my boys to bed at about 9:30 last night and went back to the living room to watch tv with my wife. About 15 minutes later, we hear the biggest crash come from my sons' room. We go running in and find my oldest son(5) on the floor in tears, and we see his dresser and tv(32in tv) on the floor next to him. The minute he sees us he tries to stand up but collapses on the floor. I have never seen an ankle that swollen before. We took him to the emergency room and got some x-rays done. Luckily, it was a severe fracture and not a brake. He had climbed the dresser to get try to reach something on top of his tv when it all came down with him. He was very lucky he got out of the way fast enough.

SintonFan
05-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Glad your kid is ok. Boys are like that. I know it was scary and all but seriously, what doesn't kill them will only make them stronger.
Jeez, the things my boy has done I could right a book about.:)

piratebg
05-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Glad your kid is ok. Boys are like that. I know it was scary and all but seriously, what doesn't kill them will only make them stronger.
Jeez, the things my boy has done I could right a book about.:)

Well, this is his first year of t-ball and he is going to miss his last 5 games now, which sucks because the coaches just realized how good he is. The have been playing him at catcher and letting all of the second year players play the other positions. Well, last week a lot of players didn't show up and my son got to play short stop. He forced an out at second in an early inning and made two awesome diving stops on a couple of hard hit grounders. His coaches were quite impressed and we were cheering our butts off because we had never seen him play like that before. Now we'll have to wait another year to see that again.

SintonFan
05-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Bigtime bummer.:(

Ranger Mom
05-06-2007, 08:49 AM
Wow Rob, I am glad he is okay! Thank God he got away with only a fractured ankle, it could have been so much worse!!!

txkmom
05-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Kids will scare you to death. Glad he will be okay! One of mine stood up in the recliner and fell over the back - knocked herself out. The way she landed, I thought she'd broken her neck and was dead. I swear, they continue to scare you the bigger they get!

Phil C
05-06-2007, 09:25 AM
I am glad the boy is going to be ok. I know that was a big scare.

Gobbla2001
05-06-2007, 10:30 AM
I thought this was gunna be a ghost-story :mad:

mustang59
05-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Thank God he's not hurt worse than he is. I can understand how you feel because when my daughter was 3 she tried to climb up on a tv stand and pulled it over. The 32" television landed right beside her when she fell. That afternoon the stand was BOLTED to the wall.
Pirate, I'd like to tell you things get easier as they get older, but I'd only be lying to you. Mishaps like this are part of raising them so hang in there.

loboes86
05-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by mustang59
Thank God he's not hurt worse than he is. I can understand how you feel because when my daughter was 3 she tried to climb up on a tv stand and pulled it over. The 32" television landed right beside her when she fell. That afternoon the stand was BOLTED to the wall.
Pirate, I'd like to tell you things get easier as they get older, but I'd only be lying to you. Mishaps like this are part of raising them so hang in there. Keep a close eye on them. Son at 3 had 2 fingers cut off and at 14 had bad leg break playing foosball.