Matthew328
05-04-2007, 10:51 PM
http://hstexas.scout.com/2/641685.html

KTA
05-05-2007, 05:03 AM
texas is fixing to get there @$$ kicked with that roster

hawkfan
05-05-2007, 09:09 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Oil Bowl was gone in ten years. Attendence last year was pathetic. While there was some good athletes there all they were concerend about was fighting.

Matthew328
05-05-2007, 10:43 AM
I don't think Oklahoma's roster is all the great also...I think last year's attendance was hurt by those big storms that were supposed to come through but never did....

I personally think the location for the Oil Bowl needs to be moved..make it home and home...have it in Denton one year and OKC the next year...most of the players are from either DFW or OKC and Tulsa anyway....lets face it Wichita Falls isn't a destination point...attendance will be better this year, more local players

BILLYFRED0000
05-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I don't think Oklahoma's roster is all the great also...I think last year's attendance was hurt by those big storms that were supposed to come through but never did....

I personally think the location for the Oil Bowl needs to be moved..make it home and home...have it in Denton one year and OKC the next year...most of the players are from either DFW or OKC and Tulsa anyway....lets face it Wichita Falls isn't a destination point...attendance will be better this year, more local players

Well I for one think that is a good idea. And I was glad to see that Aston Whiteside is at ACU. Great linebacker potential and a load to bring down as a runner.

Matthew328
05-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Whiteside is a heck of a player..keep an eye on Jermaine Love from North Garland...that kid is a stud

Emerson1
05-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328

I think the players would like that better to. Get to play in a college stadium and not a dinky field in timbuktu

Matthew328
05-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Well if they had the game in Denton, I think they should have it at CH Collins...

Memorial Stadium isn't a bad stadium...its just in Wichita Falls

Keith7
05-05-2007, 01:15 PM
sweet its nice to see a few future unt players make the team.. I predict a big win for the Texas team

Emerson1
05-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
sweet its nice to see a few future unt players make the team.. I predict a big win for the Texas team
Your kicker is gonna be real next year

Matthew328
05-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Keeping fingers crossed here but we may have a radio broadcast from the game..

If I can make it from Brownwood up to Wichita Falls in time!

Keith7
05-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Your kicker is gonna be real next year

Ya I was reading his player bio earlier and he sounds like he is pretty good, and could end up being a heck of a punter.. We already have two pretty good kickers but depth and competition is never a bad thing