PDA

View Full Version : Chris Simms

IveyOldschool02
10-12-2002, 08:48 PM
http://sports.excite.com/images/20021012/OKLAHOMA_TEXAS.sff_XLM104_20021012203852.html
Click on this amazing picture of Chris Simms.
He chokes again.

slinky006
10-12-2002, 09:18 PM
I don't think its fair to say that Sims' 'choked'. Sure, he didn't have a great game and threw 3 INT's, but on one of those an OU defender made an excellent play on the ball, and on another one, the Texas receiver, whose name i can't remember, didn't or wasn't able to finish his route, enabling an OU defender to make a play on the ball. Those mistakes can't be blamed on Simms. Texas couldn't stop the OU running attack and also couldn't make the big plays when they needed to. Oh well, there's always next year for UT to beat the hell outta OU.

Chris Hart
10-12-2002, 09:27 PM
Well I think you can blame the coaching staff for their indecision on settling with him after they put him in as the starter for the first time. He had a few bad games like all young quarterbacks will do, and then the fan base got all over him, ultimately destroying his confidence for the rest of his college career. Besides all that, Mack and staff are excellent recruiters(the best in the nation), but very poor at game preparation and game-day coaching. After ruining that very talented kids confidence early in his college career, they take a canon-armed QB and have him dink-donk the football. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you don't let a strong-armed QB throw the ball downfield, you have a guy out of his style of game and the arm strength becomes irrellevant. With a QB that talented and strong armed, you don't try and make him fit into your offense, you design the offense around him. He will finish the year admirably,for the situation he is in, but he will not ever fulfill his potential until he gets in the NFL. And only then if he gets drafted by a team that has a great QB coach, to reinstill the confidence that the UT coaching staff and alot of the Longhorn fan-base DESTROYED. What a waste!

This is just my opinion, and it probably ain't worth much. I am not a Longhorn fan by any stretch of the imagination, I am just an outsider looking in.