PDA

View Full Version : Which is worse?

burnet44
05-04-2007, 11:36 AM
You chose Losing to a No. 8 seed in the first round

What's worse: Losing in the first round this year or the NBA Finals last year?

Losing to a No. 8 seed in the first round

83.83% 1348 votes

Losing in the NBA Finals

16.17% 260 votes

Dallas Morning News Poll

a no Brainer

Reds fan
05-04-2007, 11:48 AM
It is simply humiliating!

kepdawg
05-04-2007, 11:48 AM
I can't believe how many people are picking losing to the 8 seed!

big daddy russ
05-04-2007, 11:55 AM
I'd much rather lose in the Finals, but that's just me.

kepdawg
05-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'd much rather lose in the Finals, but that's just me.

I guess it depends on how you interpret worse. More humiliating to lose to the 8 seed? Yes! But I think it sucks more to lose in the finals. I've watched my school lose the state championship 4 times! That sucked a lot worse than the times they've been knocked off early.

eagles_victory
05-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I guess it depends on how you interpret worse. More humiliating to lose to the 8 seed? Yes! But I think it sucks more to lose in the finals. I've watched my school lose the state championship 4 times! That sucked a lot worse than the times they've been knocked off early. i can see where your coming from but you also lose all the joy and happiness you get by getting to the finals when you lose in the first round. For instance for the Mavericks winning the western conference finals was a great expierence even if they did lose the finals.

Spaceman_Spiff
05-04-2007, 01:09 PM
I'd rather win in the finals, or the state championship, or in the gold medal game, but those werent choices.

themsu97
05-04-2007, 01:15 PM
I would think that getting kicked in the balls would be the worst

jason
05-04-2007, 01:24 PM
i would rather lose in the finals too...but its worse to lose to an 8 seed in the first round...at least in the finals you could be playing another 1 seed.....

buff4ever
05-04-2007, 01:50 PM
If I were a Dallas fan I would be pretty dissappointed and depressed, luckily I am a spur. There was no comparison btwn the mavs against the warriors vs. the mavs in the regular season. I think that the spurs had a year kinda like that last year or the year before where we were head and shoulders above everyone in record in regular season, then lost in the playoffs. Oh, I am sorry it was to a 2 or 3 seed not the EIGHT seed. DANG!!!

big daddy russ
05-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I guess it depends on how you interpret worse. More humiliating to lose to the 8 seed? Yes! But I think it sucks more to lose in the finals. I've watched my school lose the state championship 4 times! That sucked a lot worse than the times they've been knocked off early.
It's a bigger letdown because you (rightfully) believe you have a shot and are so much more emotionally involved, but I'd take a good pain over a greater deal of apathy any day.

My HS football team only made the playoffs once over the course of three decades. Our last trip before the streak was back in '64... a 13-6 loss to a team that we were favored to beat.

This year was the first deep run we'd had since '64, and we were heartbroken when Robinson destroyed us.

While I wasn't alive to see that '64 team, I'd take a century's worth of consecutive seven-point losses to an underdog in the state championship against 99 first-round exits and one title.

But then again, that's just my opinion. I can also see where you're coming from.

Emerson1
05-04-2007, 07:51 PM
It was worse to lose the finals like they did last year. GS would roll over the lakers and nuggets, it's not like Dallas lost to a team that wasn't supposed to beat them.

luvhoops34
05-04-2007, 11:03 PM
I love this thread! :D :D :D

Thanx B44!:clap:

Cameron Crazy
05-05-2007, 12:33 AM
That series reminded me of duke vs Vcu! UGLY!!:mad:

BILLYFRED0000
05-05-2007, 10:02 AM
If you are not going to win and the Mavs were not this year, it is worse to play into June with little or no break for next year for nothing. After watching the first 3 games, I just wanted the Mavs to get it over with and start preparing for next year. Avery was getting schooled in the coaching department and could not get his team focused. Call it a learning experience. That plus the fact that the Warriors played 5 on 4 basketball all series. They never had to account for the dallas fives on offense. That is why Dirk never had much of a chance. They could put 3 defenders on him and still leave only one open man that they were worried about.
Now Dallas knows that they need a threat at the 5 position on offense to give the other guys a chance with proper spacing.

STANG RED
05-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
If you are not going to win and the Mavs were not this year, it is worse to play into June with little or no break for next year for nothing. After watching the first 3 games, I just wanted the Mavs to get it over with and start preparing for next year. Avery was getting schooled in the coaching department and could not get his team focused. Call it a learning experience. That plus the fact that the Warriors played 5 on 4 basketball all series. They never had to account for the dallas fives on offense. That is why Dirk never had much of a chance. They could put 3 defenders on him and still leave only one open man that they were worried about.
Now Dallas knows that they need a threat at the 5 position on offense to give the other guys a chance with proper spacing.

Excellent assessment!:nerd: