PDA

View Full Version : well its official...

jason
05-04-2007, 09:50 AM
...just saw my final grades for this semester, looks like they're gonna actually gonna give me a diploma.....

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by jason
...just saw my final grades for this semester, looks like they're gonna actually gonna give me a diploma.....

WOW!!:D :D :D

Congrats Jason!

LH Panther Mom
Drinks all around on 3afan. :D

Congrats! :)

BuffyMars
Congrats! You can join the majority of America in having a pointless degree!

I'm jk....or am I? :thinking:

Sadly, I don't know many people who work in their "field". :dispntd:

pirate4state
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
WOW!!:D :D :D

Congrats Jason!

Ditto!! :thumbsup:

CHS_CG
05-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Drinks all around on 3afan. :D

Congrats! :)

I think hes spent enough money over the years...

Snyder_TigerFan
05-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Congrats man, and good luck!

AP Panther Fan
05-04-2007, 10:34 AM
http://d21c.com/AnnesPlace/Spec2/Grad7.gif

Congratulations!

mwynn05
05-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars

Sadly, I don't know many people who work in their "field". :dispntd: Just because you don't work in the field you have a degree is doesn't make it pointless. Most of the time with out their degree those people would have the job they have....a degree is a credential as much as anything

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Just because you don't work in the field you have a degree is doesn't make it pointless. Most of the time with out their degree those people would have the job they have....a degree is a credential as much as anything

We must live in 2 different worlds.

I consider mine a pointless piece of paper.

Now my college experience I wouldn't trade for anything (classes included).

Phil C
05-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Congratulations! Your hard work has paid off!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

mwynn05
05-04-2007, 11:18 AM
We must live in 2 different worlds.

I consider mine a pointless piece of paper.

Now my college experience I wouldn't trade for anything (classes included). wow you might not be as smart as i thought you were....someone wants to be an engineer or accountant or whatever; they end up as a teacher....i dont know many teachers that don't have a degree

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 11:23 AM
wow you might not be as smart as i thought you were....someone wants to be an engineer or accountant or whatever; they end up as a teacher....i dont know many teachers that don't have a degree

Think and say what you want about me, but I have the right to my opinion.

Yes, some degrees are specialized. But I have met people with education degrees who are working in other fields. And accountants who are working in other fields.

All I am saying is a diploma is not what it used to be. And it is especially frustrating when you spend 4 years towards an education, and try to get a job, and then you get turned down because someone with no degree who has more experience than you, gets the job!

jason
05-04-2007, 11:25 AM
degree will be a bs in computer information systems....

if anybody is hiring, my services start at $50k/year...

:D :D :D

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2007, 11:27 AM
wow you might not be as smart as i thought you were....someone wants to be an engineer or accountant or whatever; they end up as a teacher....i dont know many teachers that don't have a degree

Someone who wants to be an engineer or an accountant have a certain idea of how much they could make in a lifetime in those positions..If they end up as a teacher, Then they are working for UNDER the value of the degree..Does not mean they are not happy or content, but still working for under the value

mwynn05
05-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Someone who wants to be an engineer or an accountant have a certain idea of how much they could make in a lifetime in those positions..If they end up as a teacher, Then they are working for UNDER the value of the degree..Does not mean they are not happy or content, but still working for under the value but they couldn't get the job they have with out their degree and your generalizations are wrong...there are people who figure out damn i hate this what else can i do....i can possibly make 50,000 first year out too jason...which surprised me

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2007, 11:37 AM
but they couldn't get the job they have with out their degree and your generalizations are wrong...there are people who figure out damn i hate this what else can i do....i can possibly make 50,000 first year out too jason...which surprised me

It is not about a personal like of a job or not...Go to a counselor's office at a college and they have salary expectations for degree fields.

I am simply talking about the value of a degree per what is expected salary wise in a field

If you have a Education degree but work at Wal-Mart as a stocker..You might LOVE the job but techincally your working at a job that undervalues the degree..You can turn around and over value a degree by making more money than what is expected in the field of your study as well

AP Panther Fan
05-04-2007, 11:41 AM
degree will be a bs in computer information systems....

if anybody is hiring, my services start at $50k/year...

:D :D :D

I bet jobs in Information Technology are all over the place...banks, insurance companies, government, healthcare etc...seems like the options would be endless, especially in the metroplex area.

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 11:43 AM
but they couldn't get the job they have with out their degree and your generalizations are wrong...there are people who figure out damn i hate this what else can i do....i can possibly make 50,000 first year out too jason...which surprised me

But see that is where you are wrong. People can and do get jobs (all the time) that usually require degrees.

That was my point in my last statement. Someone who spends 4 years towards an education, and someone who has no college education, but has experience gets a job over the person who has the education because they don't have any experience.

mwynn05
05-04-2007, 11:45 AM
It is not about a personal like of a job or not...Go to a counselor's office at a college and they have salary expectations for degree fields.

I am simply talking about the value of a degree per what is expected salary wise in a field

If you have a Education degree but work at Wal-Mart as a stocker..You might LOVE the job but techincally your working at a job that undervalues the degree..You can turn around and over value a degree by making more money than what is expected in the field of your study as well my point is you can be a wal mart stocker with out a college degree but she said people aren't USING their degrees even if they are working a job that requires a degree which is flat wrong no two ways about it...i never said anything about selling a degree short or money that was all you

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Oh, and while we are at it. A person's GPA don't mean jack iddly squat after graduation.

None, nada, zip.

You can put it on your resume to make it look more colorful, but nobody cares.

They only want your experience.

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Poor Jason......just wants a few congrats thrown his way and it turns into an argument/debate/whatever....ho hum!!

I hope you get a job worthy of your degree Jason!!:D :D

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 11:46 AM
my point is you can be a wal mart stocker with out a college degree but she said people are USING their degrees even if they are working a job that requires a degree which is flat wrong no two ways about it...i never said anything about selling a degree short or money that was all you

Huh?

mwynn05
05-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Oh, and while we are at it. A person's GPA don't mean jack iddly squat after graduation.

None, nada, zip.

You can put it on your resume to make it look more colorful, but nobody cares.

They only want your experience. yes i know this ie from high school to college...and actually your gpa does matter when getting your first job...kind of like if you have a 2.0 you probably arent going to get into texas or a&m if you want to go there...AND in most cases i would so >75% a degree is a degree as long as it is from an accredited university

BuffyMars
Poor Jason......just wants a few congrats thrown his way and it turns into an argument/debate/whatever....ho hum!!

I hope you get a job worthy of your degree Jason!!:D :D

Sorry Jason, mucho congrats to you! I am just in a Piss Me Sour mood today. :D:mad: :D

mwynn05
Sorry Jason, mucho congrats to you! I am just in a Piss Me Sour mood today. :D:mad: :D and wrong

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 11:49 AM
yes i know this ie from high school to college...and actually your gpa does matter when getting your first job...kind of like if you have a 2.0 you probably arent going to get into texas or a&m if you want to go there...AND in most cases i would so >75% a degree is a degree as long as it is from an accredited university

Again, we must be living in 2 different worlds. Never once have I had anyone ask me other than 'what college did I attend' and 'what was my major' at an interview.

I graduated with honors at the top of my class, and not once has anyone EVER asked me about it.

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2007, 11:50 AM
yes i know this ie from high school to college...and actually your gpa does matter when getting your first job...kind of like if you have a 2.0 you probably arent going to get into texas or a&m if you want to go there...AND in most cases i would so >75% a degree is a degree as long as it is from an accredited university

My college GPA has never mattered when it came to getting a job

Snyder_TigerFan
But see that is where you are wrong. People can and do get jobs (all the time) that usually require degrees.

That was my point in my last statement. Someone who spends 4 years towards an education, and someone who has no college education, but has experience gets a job over the person who has the education because they don't have any experience.

Yep, that's why the first job is always the hardest to get, especially if you are expecting a higher salary. You might have to bite the bullet for a year and take less money to gain the experience. Often times you'll be competing against people that may not have the education equivilant, but they have the experience and experience usually wins out. Once you get a years worth of experience, it's much easier.

BuffyMars
and wrong

Bottom line. I will make it plain and simple. I really don't care what you think.

Period.

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Yep, that's why the first job is always the hardest to get, especially if you are expecting a higher salary. You might have to bite the bullet for a year and take less money to gain the experience. Often times you'll be competing against people that may not have the education equivilant, but they have the experience and experience usually wins out. Once you get a years worth of experience, it's much easier.

At least someone understood a point I was trying to make. ;)

mwynn05
05-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Bottom line. I will make it plain and simple. I really don't care what you think.

Period. still doesn't change the fact that you're wrong

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2007, 11:53 AM
and wrong

I am sorry.But how do you know she is wrong? HAve u applied for jobs in the field she obtained her degree in? Do you work in that field? What is your degree in?

mwynn05
05-04-2007, 11:55 AM
I am sorry.But how do you know she is wrong? HAve u applied for jobs in the field she obtained her degree in? Do you work in that field? What is your degree in? lol all i said was its wrong that if you don't work in the field you have your degree in that you are not using your degree because a degree is just a credential and said said know which means shes wrong

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 11:56 AM
still doesn't change the fact that you're wrong

Hahahaha!!

You just aren't reading properly into what we are saying.

I can't help you there.

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2007, 11:57 AM
lol all i said was its wrong that if you don't work in the field you have your degree in that you are not using your degree because a degree is just a credential and said said know which means shes wrong

HUH?

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 11:57 AM
lol all i said was its wrong that if you don't work in the field you have your degree in that you are not using your degree because a degree is just a credential and said said know which means shes wrong

Ok, now I am lost. Are you saying a degree is just a credential?

Keith7
05-04-2007, 11:58 AM

Sadly, I don't know many people who work in their "field". :dispntd:

thanks for dissing everyone in college including jason by calling what we are working for / have worked for pointless...

sure some people don't work in the field they studied, but I think the majority of employers would pick a person w/ a degree over a person w/ out anytime, esp. if it is in your field.. that alone makes it worth it in the career world

seriously though congrats to Jason and good luck in your future

jason
05-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Sorry Jason, mucho congrats to you! I am just in a Piss Me Sour mood today. :D:mad: :D send me some money and we'll call it even haha...

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
thanks for dissing everyone in college including jason by calling what we are working for / have worked for pointless...

sure some people don't work in the field they studied, but I think the majority of employers would pick a person w/ a degree over a person w/ out anytime, esp. if it is in your field.. that alone makes it worth it in the career world

LOL she has a college degree herself..she is not dissing people in college..Geez dont turn what she said into some personal attack

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 12:02 PM

Good grief! :dispntd:

jason
05-04-2007, 12:03 PM
ut rules and texas a&m sucks...

might as well get my $.02......

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 12:04 PM

BWHAHAHAHA!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Keith7
LOL she has a college degree herself..she is not dissing people in college..Geez dont turn what she said into some personal attack

How can someone not take offense to it?? I have spent ALOT of time and ALOT of money for something she calls pointless..

Just because hers didn't work out for her doesn't mean the future isn't bright for the rest of us

Txbroadcaster

HAHAHA

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 12:05 PM
How can someone not take offense to it?? I have spent ALOT of time and ALOT of money for something she calls pointless..

Just because hers didn't work out for her doesn't mean the future isn't bright for the rest of us

LOL! :thumbsup:

Keith7
05-04-2007, 12:05 PM
LOL! :thumbsup:

i'll take that as an apologee

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 12:06 PM

No, more like you read into what I what saying wrong. :D

But, please....if you must....carry on.

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 12:07 PM

And god, I hope you are taking college english!!!

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2007, 12:07 PM

I am wondering how someone can take offense to it

Where did she say it was pointless? Where did she say it was not worth it?

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 12:08 PM

People read every other post. Its cool though!

Keith7
05-04-2007, 12:08 PM
get real you act like you are all high and mighty because anything you say you have you boyfriend backing you up, but seriously not everything you say you are right about.. what you said is and should be offensive to anyone who has spent time working on a college degree..

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2007, 12:09 PM
get real you act like you are all high and mighty because anything you say you have you boyfriend backing you up, but seriously not everything you say you are right about.. what you said is and should be offensive to anyone who has spent time working on a college degree..

OMG Buffy u have a boyfriend..u cheater

Keith7
05-04-2007, 12:09 PM

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2007, 12:10 PM

Oh cmon now Keith..QUOTE THE WHOLE THING...Your now taking something said out of context

Keith7
05-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Oh cmon now Keith..QUOTE THE WHOLE THING...Your now taking something said out of context

what where it says "j/k.. or am i?" like that helps the quote any.. get real..

I don't see this as a big deal though.. I find it offensive, but I get over things quick so oh well.. I guess i'll get back to studying to pass my finals to get closer obtaining my "pointless degree"

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2007, 12:15 PM

I don't see this as a big deal though.. I find it offensive, but I get over things quick so oh well.. I guess i'll get back to studying to pass my finals to get closer obtaining my "pointless degree"

No how about the part where she says the college experiece including classes she valued in another post on same thread

What is more valuable to you..the paper the degree is on..or the hard work and experience u learned in class and practicum work?

vet93
05-04-2007, 12:15 PM
As an employer....I do look at GPA....It should not be the only thing looked at...but if the person has a good personality it can be the difference maker in terms of hiring someone. In terms to the degree debate...in some professions the degree is a requirement by law (mine is one of those), in other professions it is a requirement by the individual or business who is interviewing people. In this case they are using the requirement of the degree as a "weed out" for those who may either be un-motivated or unqualified. The last category is those jobs where a degree is not needed. In the last category it is completely up to the individual company whether they want to emphasize education or experience (some will go one way, others will go another). Regardless of the type of job you are applying for...I feel a degree is a good thing. It shows that you cared enough to get a higher education and it gives you life experience that you would not have ordinarily had.

Again, we must be living in 2 different worlds. Never once have I had anyone ask me other than 'what college did I attend' and 'what was my major' at an interview.

I graduated with honors at the top of my class, and not once has anyone EVER asked me about it.

vet93
05-04-2007, 12:16 PM
oh....I forgot....Congrats Jason!

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by vet93
As an employer....I do look at GPA....It should not be the only thing looked at...but if the person has a good personality it can be the difference maker in terms of hiring someone. In terms to the degree debate...in some professions the degree is a requirement by law (mine is one of those), in other professions it is a requirement by the individual or business who is interviewing people. In this case they are using the requirement of the degree as a "weed out" for those who may either be un-motivated or unqualified. The last category is those jobs where a degree is not needed. In the last category it is completely up to the individual company whether they want to emphasize education or experience (some will go one way, others will go another). Regardless of the type of job you are applying for...I feel a degree is a good thing. It shows that you cared enough to get a higher education and it gives you life experience that you would not have ordinarily had.

Here is where Buffy is coming from

She got a degree in Pyschology with a heavy emphasis on Social Work...Graduated top of her class with honors

When she started the interview process in the social work field she was told quick that EXP means more than a degree. Her GPA and honors meant little if someone with more actual work exp in the field applied with a degree or not

And once again to those offended..Not sure how you can be offended by someone's personal exp.

gobble_up03
05-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Congrats Jason!! I am graduating as well! As of yesterday, I finished my last class here at The University of Texas!! Yay for college graduates!!!!

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 12:24 PM

You are the one throwing the fit here, blowing everything out of proportion. I have tried to explain where I was coming from in every statement, and if you can't read, or if you can, and you take it out of context or read more into it then you should, then that is your problem, and I can't help you there.

Oh, and for the record. I don't need TxB to back me up. I can handle myself fine, thanks, so if he says anything it is on his own accord.

Sorry you had to hear about my boyfriend this way. :doh:

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2007, 12:27 PM

Sorry you had to hear about my boyfriend this way. :doh:

It is ok..does he know ur married? Is he a cool guy?

vet93
05-04-2007, 12:28 PM
I think that in the end Buffy will be better off in the long run. She is in the phase of her career where she is gaining experience and when she pairs that with a degree and graduating with honors...it could make the difference in the future. This also brings up a good point....when thinking about what degree one should choose...try to make a wise descision as to which degree you attain and what potential employers will require when you get out. I see people all of the time who graduated with degrees that are essentially worthless in terms of applying for a "specific" job and they get out and can't find a job and have to wait tables until they can find something else (by the way...this was not directed at Buffy). I have friends who have an Animal Science degree and cannot find a job because they don't want to be a salesman or work at a meat packing plant....

She got a degree in Pyschology with a heavy emphasis on Social Work...Graduated top of her class with honors

When she started the interview process in the social work field she was told quick that EXP means more than a degree. Her GPA and honors meant little if someone with more actual work exp in the field applied with a degree or not

And once again to those offended..Not sure how you can be offended by someone's personal exp.

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by vet93
I think that in the end Buffy will be better off in the long run. She is in the phase of her career where she is gaining experience and when she pairs that with a degree and graduating with honors...it could make the difference in the future. This also brings up a good point....when thinking about what degree one should choose...try to make a wise descision as to which degree you attain and what potential employers will require when you get out. I see people all of the time who graduated with degrees that are essentially worthless in terms of applying for a "specific" job and they get out and can't find a job and have to wait tables until they can find something else (by the way...this was not directed at Buffy). I have friends who have an Animal Science degree and cannot find a job because they don't want to be a salesman or work at a meat packing plant....

YOU understand what was said and meant..But she is in another field now making more money than in her degree field..and she could have got this job without a degree..and that was the point she made

themsu97
05-04-2007, 12:32 PM
sorry buffy... thus entering the problems that were occuring yesterday...

thanks to TAKS tests, students now a days only read context and not for meaning and heaven forbid hidden meaning... they also do not understand that people can have differing opinions and that opinions are allowed to be different...
I have been on both sides... before going back to college, I worked for a boss who told me that a degree means nothing to him because the degree does not mean you can do the job that he wanted you to do, meaning he went for experience, he also stated that GPA just meant that you studied and had book smarts but probably no common sense based on his experience... had a few other bosses just like that...
now that I have a degree and am a teacher, totally different world but I know exactly what you are talking about...
also, how many boyfriends do you have?
and jason, if I were any where near you, I would buy a few rounds for you...congrats

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 12:35 PM
And I thought I was PMS'ing today! :eek:

Thank god its Friday cause I think some people need to get their drink on!

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 12:36 PM
I am just glad some people are understanding what I was trying to say.

jason
05-04-2007, 12:40 PM
It is ok..does he know ur married? Is he a cool guy? yes i know..and i think im pretty cool....

:D :D

themsu97
05-04-2007, 12:40 PM
we all get misunderstood... lets all go have some drinks... only problem is 1) we do not live near each other 2) ya'll would know who was cropdusting you...:p

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 12:42 PM
yes i know..and i think im pretty cool....

:D :D

BWHAHAHAHA!! :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 12:59 PM
OMG Buffy u have a boyfriend..u cheater

OMG!!! That was the funniest thing I read on here ALL DAY!!!

I think I have to go "pinkle" now!!:D

mwynn05
05-04-2007, 01:12 PM

And once again to those offended..Not sure how you can be offended by someone's personal exp. No wonder she cant find a job...she pursued a degree that isnt all that useful unless oyu have a masters or phd....or so i have been told by people with knowledge in the field a psychologist him self

themsu97
05-04-2007, 01:14 PM
wow... mwynn... you need some serious help... try Riprocks... teh owner there is the bomb... no worries

eagles_victory
05-04-2007, 01:15 PM
To stay in the middle here and not jump on one side or another this is what I think.

Reasons why people didnt like what Buffy said

1. As a college student im working my behind off to try to get this degree and have good grades and she pretty much called it pointless you can argue context all you want but she called it pointless its right there in the open.

2. People are never going to take Buffy serious on this board when everytime she gets into something with someone Txbroadcaster jumps in and starts co-signing. I understand yall are married and txbroadcaster doesn't want to not defend his wife and I respect that. However, it was a clean debate and noone was being rude or disrespecting her they were just arguing there case. She can handle herself in some cases.

Why the other side maybe overreacting

1. Buffy was basically just talking about her personal expierence she wasnt saying that was going to be the case for everyone she was just saying that basically just because you have your degree your not assured of anything. She maybe could of chose her words more carefully but all in all what she is saying is correct a degree isnt going to just let you work anywhere

2. What you said about the GPA and it not helping because people are looking for expierence. This seems to be mostly true a good GPA is a great thing but it isnt always going to make the difference in getting a job or not. Sometimes its just as much who you know as it is what you know

Now thats moderating an argument what are people who moderate called

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

Now thats moderating an argument what are people who moderate called

Is that a question, a statement, or what?

Your lack of punctuation makes it hard to tell!

CHS_CG
I dont have a degree and I am up for a job that is makin more than my mom makes, and shes got 20+ years of office experience. A degree isnt everything BUT it is gettin hard to get great paying jobs with out a little college under your belt.

BUT back to the POINT of this thread..

CONGRATS JASON.....WHEN YOU GOIN TO GET DRUNK AND PARTY BC SCHOOL IS OVER??

mwynn05
Originally posted by themsu97
wow... mwynn... you need some serious help... try Riprocks... teh owner there is the bomb... no worries you think im actually taking this shi* serious lol

eagles_victory
05-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Is that a question, a statement, or what?

Your lack of punctuation makes it hard to tell! im just saying i moderated an argument and most moderators dont actually moderate lol

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 01:20 PM
im just saying i moderated an argument and most moderators dont actually moderate lol

We aren't here to pick apart posts and tell both sides of the story like you did!

pirate4state
05-04-2007, 01:21 PM
damn, go away for a few hours and people lose their poop :rolleyes:

WOW

jason
05-04-2007, 01:22 PM
all i know is this thread better not get closed.....there will be hell to pay if it does.....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

themsu97
if you use a cuss word then probably... but still, go in to Riprocks... great place... great owner... Cool Beans is okay as well... but no worries

pirate4state
im just saying i moderated an argument and most moderators dont actually moderate lol too bad you couldn't moderate yourself the first time you were ROM'd LOL

mistanice
05-04-2007, 01:23 PM
im just saying i moderated an argument and most moderators dont actually moderate lol http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e290/BN4chan/macro/banned.jpg

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 01:24 PM
all i know is this thread better not get closed.....there will be hell to pay if it does.....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

No rules have been broken.....IMO, it's all in good fun and good discussion.

I don't see any reason so far that it should be locked!

pirate4state
05-04-2007, 01:25 PM
No rules have been broken.....IMO, it's all in good fun and good discussion.

I don't see any reason so far that it should be locked! what she said, but maybe we should ask eagles_victory what he would do? :thinking:

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
what she said, but maybe we should ask eagles_victory what he would do? :thinking:

Let's not and say we did!!:eek: :D

themsu97
05-04-2007, 01:27 PM
that pic makes me hurt... I promise I will never make cat calls at you...

pirate4state
05-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Let's not and say we did!!:eek: :D Fine by me! Check your email. LOL

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 01:30 PM
Fine by me! Check your email. LOL

I have nothing!!:weeping:

pirate4state
05-04-2007, 01:31 PM
I have nothing!!:weeping: errrrrrrrr, I think it might be your work email :confused:

LH Panther Mom
Fine by me! Check your email. LOL
Both of you check it. :D

Ranger Mom
We changed ISPs....my work email that any of yall have is no good anymore!

pirate4state
05-04-2007, 01:32 PM
We changed ISPs....my work email that any of yall have is no good anymore! DOH!

LH Panther Mom
05-04-2007, 01:35 PM
We changed ISPs....my work email that any of yall have is no good anymore!
:weeping: Spill it! :p

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2007, 01:42 PM
To stay in the middle here and not jump on one side or another this is what I think.

2. People are never going to take Buffy serious on this board when everytime she gets into something with someone Txbroadcaster jumps in and starts co-signing. I understand yall are married and txbroadcaster doesn't want to not defend his wife and I respect that. However, it was a clean debate and noone was being rude or disrespecting her they were just arguing there case. She can handle herself in some cases.

LOL I only "jump" in if I agree with what she says..I would have "jumped" in if you had made the same statement and was getting it turned around on you and I understood what you truly was trying to say.

Her and I got into it on a couple of threads yesterday...she is the one more likely to argue and get into it..I just state my view on something and debate it.

I never said anyone was being rude to her..I could have when she was told she was not that smart, I never made a comment about it. I stuck to the topic that was being debated and only made a joke at another attack( being called the boyfriend)

You basically saying if Buffy and I agree on something and a debate begins on here about it I should not respond just because she is my wife. Her being my wife is no different than people like RM and LH Panther Mom who are friends on and off the board. If they are on the same side of an argument should one not jump in because they are friends?

themsu97
05-04-2007, 01:46 PM
you are only supposed to agree broad when we all talk about boobies because then we can have a bubbly bouncy good time...

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 01:52 PM
No wonder she cant find a job...she pursued a degree that isnt all that useful unless oyu have a masters or phd....or so i have been told by people with knowledge in the field a psychologist him self

I have a social services degree which is required in the social services field. I was wanting to be a psychologist until I fell in love with social work my senior year.

CHS_CG
05-04-2007, 01:53 PM
SOME PEOPLE ARE ON A http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/soapbox.gif TODAY

themsu97
05-04-2007, 01:54 PM
I will only get on a soap box if it gives me a better view of some boobies...

CHS_CG
05-04-2007, 01:54 PM
and this one is on behalf of jason!

http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/adopt.gif

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
SOME PEOPLE ARE ON A http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/soapbox.gif TODAY

I love that one! I need to steal it! :devil:

themsu97
05-04-2007, 01:58 PM
when I first started teaching I had a soap box in the corner of my room and I would stand on it from time to time...
but not to look at boobies...

greatest combination....Boobies and Beer

BuffyMars
05-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
when I first started teaching I had a soap box in the corner of my room and I would stand on it from time to time...
but not to look at boobies...

greatest combination....Boobies and Beer

Jason! Boobies and beer all around tonight for you my friend!!!

SintonFan
05-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Congratulations jason.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

eagles_victory
05-04-2007, 03:28 PM
too bad you couldn't moderate yourself the first time you were ROM'd LOL funny :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 03:30 PM
funny :rolleyes:

I kinda thought it was!! Where is your sense of humor?? Several people's seem to be strangely absent today!!!

pirate4state
05-04-2007, 03:42 PM
funny :rolleyes: Dude, I know. That's why I included the LOL :tongue:

eagles_victory
05-04-2007, 03:42 PM
I kinda thought it was!! Where is your sense of humor?? Several people's seem to be strangely absent today!!! if u remember correctly why i got rommed u were also mad about the same thing i was i just think rita should know what shes talking about before she runs her fingers

pirate4state
05-04-2007, 03:44 PM
if u remember correctly why i got rommed u were also mad about the same thing i was i just think rita should know what shes talking about before she runs her fingers oh please, enlighten us all :rolleyes:

eagles_victory
05-04-2007, 03:45 PM
oh please, enlighten us all :rolleyes: and give u a reason to try to rom me again yea right how dumb would that be of me

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 03:45 PM
if u remember correctly why i got rommed u were also mad about the same thing i was i just think rita should know what shes talking about before she runs her fingers

LOL!! "Runs her fingers"!!

Yeah, I will be the first to admit I was upset.....but I kept my fingers to myself and just took it up in PM's!!

pirate4state
05-04-2007, 03:47 PM
and give u a reason to try to rom me again yea right how dumb would that be of me Actually, truth be known I saved your sorry rear just last week! :hand:

eagles_victory
05-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Actually, truth be known I saved your sorry rear just last week! :hand: i didnt do anything last week did i?

oh yea and rm u like that runs your fingers thing because i cant say run ur mouth on a message board

jason
05-04-2007, 04:18 PM
LOL!! "Runs her fingers"!!

Yeah, I will be the first to admit I was upset.....but I kept my fingers to myself and just took it up in PM's!! i dont have to run my fingers, i just point one of them....haha...

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 07:54 PM
i dont have to run my fingers, i just point one of them....haha...

I seem to remember a picture!!

Oh no.......wait!!!;) ;)

Emerson1
05-04-2007, 08:01 PM
i didnt do anything last week did i?

oh yea and rm u like that runs your fingers thing because i cant say run ur mouth on a message board
Apparently my rear is being saved all the time to.

jason
05-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Apparently my rear is being saved all the time to. i oughta kick your rear for not coming to graduation...

Phantom Stang
05-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Mega congrats on the degree!!