PDA

View Full Version : Golden State

SintonFan
05-04-2007, 12:37 AM
Might very well be favored against Houston or Utah. They are jelling at the right time and probably have the best home court in the playoffs. Crazy stuff.:eek:

Bull's-eye
05-04-2007, 12:50 AM
Dallas lacked an inside scoring threat that played right into the Warriors style of play. Utah and Houston both have the inside players to match up against the smaller GS team. These teams have the ability to play a much slower and half court type game. Basically it will come down to which team can play their type of game. The team with the home-court advantage must retain their advantage because they will have a very difficult time winning in Oakland.

big daddy russ
05-04-2007, 12:52 AM
GS will not be favored. They're an 8 seed. Not a typical 8 seed, but not better than Houston or SLC.

SintonFan
05-04-2007, 12:54 AM
I also just realized they look pretty darn banged up too. I think Utah matches up better than Houston to GS imo. But Houston should be favored.

JR2004
05-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I also just realized they look pretty darn banged up too. I think Utah matches up better than Houston to GS imo. But Houston should be favored.

I'd agree with that. If it turns into a shootout Houston can't win that way. Utah though I think can run with them somewhat. It'll be interesting whichever one the Warriors get.

SintonFan
05-04-2007, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
GS will not be favored. They're an 8 seed. Not a typical 8 seed, but not better than Houston or SLC.
Man I wish SA still had Stephen Jackson. He saved their butt during the 2003 Championship season more than once but Pop let him go because of him not being a good "locker room" type of guy.

SintonFan
05-04-2007, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
I'd agree with that. If it turns into a shootout Houston can't win that way. Utah though I think can run with them somewhat. It'll be interesting whichever one the Warriors get.
The thing I noticed tonight about Houston is that Yao is suspect to quick players around him. I couldn't imagine what GS could do unless he skies the ball everytime he touches it.:doh:

big daddy russ
05-04-2007, 01:03 AM
Man I wish SA still had Stephen Jackson. He saved their butt during the 2003 Championship season more than once but Pop let him go because of him not being a good "locker room" type of guy.
That's one of those interesting "what-ifs." Jackson's always had tons of talent (he was in the first wave of straight-out-of-HS draftees), but he's always been a trouble-maker.

I think it wound up working out well for both the Spurs and Jackson, sans the whole brawl ordeal. Pop and Buford have been careful to build a team instead of a group of five individuals and that's why they've been as good as they are.

Though Indy's offense is more structured than GS's, it's a little omre loose than SA's. Jackson's one of those players that fits in better in a more free-flowing offense, one where he's free to take as many outside shots as he wants and take as many chances with the ball as he wants. I think Nellie's system is a perfect fit for a player like that, and we saw it tonight when he got hot from long range.

SintonFan
05-04-2007, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
That's one of those interesting "what-ifs." Jackson's always had tons of talent (he was in the first wave of straight-out-of-HS draftees), but he's always been a trouble-maker.

I think it wound up working out well for both the Spurs and Jackson, sans the whole brawl ordeal. Pop and Buford have been careful to build a team instead of a group of five individuals and that's why they've been as good as they are.

Though Indy's offense is more structured than GS's, it's a little omre loose than SA's. Jackson's one of those players that fits in better in a more free-flowing offense, one where he's free to take as many outside shots as he wants and take as many chances with the ball as he wants. I think Nellie's system is a perfect fit for a player like that, and we saw it tonight when he got hot from long range.
Good points, but I still remember those 20+ point games he had for SA during that great playoff run. Decent defense too.

JR2004
05-04-2007, 01:10 AM
Good points, but I still remember those 20+ point games he had for SA during that great playoff run. Decent defense too.

Sometimes you have to roll the dice on guys with some character concerns. Right about now I'd have no problem with LA rolling the dice and trading for Artest after how things have gone the last 3 seasons!

Old Tiger
05-04-2007, 08:08 AM
I like the matchup Golden State presents to the Rockets/Jazz