PDA

View Full Version : Jackson of SW to Panhandle?

Black_Magic
05-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Hot off the press!! jackson of Sweetwater will be the new HC at Panhandle.:eek:
Question is. Why leave Sweetwater for a 2a job up north?:thinking:

Ranger Mom
05-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Hot off the press!! jackson of Sweetwater will be the new HC at Panhandle.:eek:
Question is. Why leave Sweetwater for a 2a job up north?:thinking:

Thank God that is out.....that info has been burning a hole in my tongue......but a promise is a promise!!!

Snyder_TigerFan
05-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Is Sweetwater going to be that bad next year?:)

DU_stud04
05-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Is Sweetwater going to be that bad next year?:) yes, i knew he would run, took him long enough. good riddance.

Ranger Mom
05-03-2007, 03:53 PM
I already have a bad feeling about this thread!!:(

Snyder_TigerFan
05-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
yes, i knew he would run, took him long enough. good riddance.

Wow!

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-03-2007, 03:57 PM
yes, i knew he would run, took him long enough. good riddance.

DITTO

Black_Magic
05-03-2007, 04:03 PM
someone said once that he follows talent. panhandle must have some talent coming up. Is the well that dry in mustangville?

Snyder_TigerFan
05-03-2007, 04:06 PM
someone said once that he follows talent. panhandle must have some talent coming up. Is the well that dry in mustangville?

Panhandle was 2-8 last year.:confused:

Snyder_TigerFan
05-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Thank God that is out.....that info has been burning a hole in my tongue......but a promise is a promise!!!

Spill it....what else do you know?:)

Ranger Mom
05-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Spill it....what else do you know?:)

Biting my tongue....bite.....bite!!!

:devil: :devil:

DU_stud04
05-03-2007, 04:18 PM
someone said once that he follows talent. panhandle must have some talent coming up. Is the well that dry in mustangville? talentville has kept his winning history good, without it his record wouldnt be half of what it is right now. dont get me wrong, he is a good guy, i just dont like him as a coach, he should try the whole preaching thing for a while after he cant find a talent pool and gets stuck somewhere where he cant produce.

and yes, the mustangs will have a bad talent drought after this season, alot doing with the qb, if they let him loose and let him play his kind of ball then they might win a few games this year.

na na naaaa na, hey hey hey, goodbye

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-03-2007, 04:31 PM
talentville has kept his winning history good, without it his record wouldnt be half of what it is right now. dont get me wrong, he is a good guy, i just dont like him as a coach, he should try the whole preaching thing for a while after he cant find a talent pool and gets stuck somewhere where he cant produce.

and yes, the mustangs will have a bad talent drought after this season, alot doing with the qb, if they let him loose and let him play his kind of ball then they might win a few games this year.

na na naaaa na, hey hey hey, goodbye

na na naaaa na na na naaaaa na hey hey hey goodbye

I never could stand him.

I loved ole coach Dowell though and he got the hose before they brought in Jackson.

injuredinmelee
05-03-2007, 05:13 PM
no surprise./ He could have left a long long time ago but why leave when you had the talent he had coming back last year.

SwtwtrMstngs04
05-03-2007, 05:14 PM
well throckmortons coach was let go and he was good maybe we can get him

injuredinmelee
05-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by SwtwtrMstngs04
well throckmortons coach was let go and he was good maybe we can get him

uhhhh your not being serious here are you?

STANG RED
05-03-2007, 06:00 PM
This is bitter sweet news to me. IMO the community lost a great man, and the kids lost a great role model.
On the other hand, he was far from a great coach.
Anyway, Good Luck in Panhandle coach J.

Any coaches out there looking for a job that know how to spell "passing game" or "balanced offensive attack"???:)

GreenMonster
05-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Panhandle was 2-8 last year.:confused:

That's bad info. Panhandle was 8-3 last year and 14-1 Semi-finalists the year before that. They have been running the spread. Last coach was reassigned to a health teacher. I think he has since resigned and moved on.

GreenMonster
05-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Any coaches out there looking for a job that know how to spell "passing game" or "balanced offensive attack"???:)

Are you sure you don't reside in Iowa Park?? That sounds like the same garbage I hear in IP. Far from a great coach because he prefers not to throw the ball. I hate to tell you guys but just incase you forgot you were in the Semi-Finals 2 years ago and got knocked out this past season by the Region 1 Champion. There is no shame in that. Coach Jackson may tend to lead a run happy offense but that run happy offense has struck fear in the hearts of many a d-coordinator for the past several years. Granted, he had the horses but he had to teach that offense to run like a well oiled machine. Precision execution and great athletes make for a dangerous football team no matter what level they play on and no matter how one dimensional they are. I just hope you guys wake up and realize how much you are losing before you look up and wonder where it went and why you didn't appreciate what you had a little bit more when you had it.

LH Panther Mom
05-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Not ours, I am VERY happy to say. :) (Not looking.....knows how to spell it, but why change what "works". ;) )

STANG RED
05-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Are you sure you don't reside in Iowa Park?? That sounds like the same garbage I hear in IP. Far from a great coach because he prefers not to throw the ball. I hate to tell you guys but just incase you forgot you were in the Semi-Finals 2 years ago and got knocked out this past season by the Region 1 Champion. There is no shame in that. Coach Jackson may tend to lead a run happy offense but that run happy offense has struck fear in the hearts of many a d-coordinator for the past several years. Granted, he had the horses but he had to teach that offense to run like a well oiled machine. Precision execution and great athletes make for a dangerous football team no matter what level they play on and no matter how one dimensional they are. I just hope you guys wake up and realize how much you are losing before you look up and wonder where it went and why you didn't appreciate what you had a little bit more when you had it.

GM, I know exactly what we're losing; Perhaps the greatest A.D. that Sweetwater has ever had. And that will be a sad lose to be sure.
Having said that, I also know he had an extremely talent rich talent pool, and won a whole bunch of games against inferior talented teams.
I saw all but a handfull of games he coached while at Sweetwater, and you probably saw maybe half a handfull at the most. So while I nearly always respect your opinions in most of your posts, I think I'll trust my own, and many other like minded Mustang fans, that have seen as many or more of his games than I.
I'm not going to re-hash what I have hashed out in here on several occasions in the past on this subject. But I'll say this again without reservation. No matter how great the man was as a man, he simply wasnt a great coach! However, I wouldnt have minded seeing him stay for many years to come, just simply because of the high quality of an individual that he is. But since he is now gone I say good ridence and good luck.
Now lets move on. And just some symbolance of a passing game in the next guy, would be a welcome change.

wildstangs
05-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Wow! I expected him to leave soon, but this is pretty late in the year, and to a 2A school? Pretty late to be looking for a new coahc...I have been out of Sweetwater for several years, so I am just curious to know if there are any assistants that could be promoted to head coach?

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Wow! I expected him to leave soon, but this is pretty late in the year, and to a 2A school? Pretty late to be looking for a new coahc...I have been out of Sweetwater for several years, so I am just curious to know if there are any assistants that could be promoted to head coach?

I'd love to see Coach Mayes do it, but alas I don't think he ever would.

BILLYFRED0000
05-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Not ours, I am VERY happy to say. :) (Not looking.....knows how to spell it, but why change what "works". ;) )

Hey, I will tell you that you lost a great magician this year. TheQB
really handled the ball well. And your line was good. I suspect this year you will drop off a little. But I still say that the Celina
LH game last year was one of the best I ever saw and would see it again right now. I just wish our kicker had been on. He was just thinking too much........... But we lost to a great team and that is honorable. Plus we gave you a great fight.

BILLYFRED0000
05-03-2007, 09:09 PM
ON topic,
He is not following talent. He might be following a program. You have to fight city hall the parents and the school and it is apparent that many in mustang land thought he should do more.
Funny, I always thought that the system and coaching only work
when the kids are disciplined and execute. Watch LH or Celina.
Celina never has the fastest troops or the biggest either. Just usually the best coached best execution team. We only made two
big mistakes last year against LH. Both cost us points.

Snyder_TigerFan
05-03-2007, 09:11 PM
That's bad info. Panhandle was 8-3 last year and 14-1 Semi-finalists the year before that. They have been running the spread. Last coach was reassigned to a health teacher. I think he has since resigned and moved on.

My bad...thanks for the clarification GM. Can't find where I got that now. I didn't understand why he would be going to a team that had a losing season, but it makes a tiny bit more sense now, except for the fact that he's moving down to 2A.

Ranger Mom
05-03-2007, 09:14 PM
My bad...thanks for the clarification GM. Can't find where I got that now. I didn't understand why he would be going to a team that had a losing season, but it makes a tiny bit more sense now, except for the fact that he's moving down to 2A.

Didn't the Fort Stockton coach do that a couple of years ago.? It almost seems like a demotion unless you are taking over a real powerhouse!!

wildstangs
05-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Didn't the Fort Stockton coach do that a couple of years ago.? It almost seems like a demotion unless you are taking over a real powerhouse!!

Yeah he left for Stamford. Roan was his name I believe.

Funk-d-fied
05-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah, he did, won the district championship and then left for a smaller school. He said it was to be closer to his family in abilene, but i wonder???

Ranger Mom
05-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
Yeah, he did, won the district championship and then left for a smaller school. He said it was to be closer to his family in abilene, but i wonder???

How has he done there?

kepdawg
05-03-2007, 09:28 PM
People put too much stock in the number of A's.

wildstangs
05-03-2007, 09:29 PM
The district he is moving to doesn't look like it will be a walk in the park. Stratford goes to state every other year it seems like.

cr180t
05-03-2007, 10:05 PM
I think Blackie is pulling everyones chain

smustangs
05-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by cr180t

me too and i think he has some helpers

wildstangs
05-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
me too and i think he has some helpers

Hmmm...I havent seen anything on the news yet...Wouldnt be the first time Blackie had pulled some leg...And to think - I was pulling for him to take the vacant Sweetwater job.

Ranger Mom
05-03-2007, 10:27 PM

I can swear to you that I heard the exact same thing before blackie made this post.....and it wasn't from anyone even affiliated with a 3A school!

smustangs
05-03-2007, 10:28 PM
I can swear to you that I heard the exact same thing before blackie made this post.....and it wasn't from anyone even affiliated with a 3A school!

i dont doubt it but for other reasons ill believe it when i see it

Ranger Mom
05-03-2007, 10:33 PM
i dont doubt it but for other reasons ill believe it when i see it

I understand.....I wished I hadn't even said anything now!!:(

This makes it almost seem like I am conspiring with blackie!!!:eek: :eek:

GreenMonster
05-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied

To answer RM, I think he's already moved on. 1 and done in Bulldogland. I heard there were some unruley parents on the school board that thought their kid should play first and when that didn't happen they started meddling around making things difficult for Coach Roan. That was actually 2 seasons ago.

Snydertigersrul
05-03-2007, 10:38 PM

Blackie fooled most of you once again. Why would a successful 3A coach take a job at a 2A school?

:crazy1: :crazy1:

smustangs
05-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Blackie followed most of you once gain. Why would a successful 3A coach take a job at a 2A school?

i never saw him behing me, i didnt think i left a trail

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Blackie fooled most of you once again. Why would a successful 3A coach take a job at a 2A school?

Well no one said Jackson was the smartest coach in the world.

smustangs
05-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Well no one said Jackson was the smartest coach in the world.

whats ur beef with him?

wildstangs
05-03-2007, 10:42 PM
whats ur beef with him?

Smustangs...I cant speak for ASU...And I have nothing against Jackson...but Sweetwater wrongfully ran off a great coach prior to Jacksons arrival....Maybe ASU is a little disgruntled about that.

smustangs
05-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Smustangs...I cant speak for ASU...And I have nothing against Jackson...but Sweetwater wrongfully ran off a great coach prior to Jacksons arrival....Maybe ASU is a little disgruntled about that.

i never had ne dealing w/ dow(SP?) i was just curious but everything i have heard about him was good

Snydertigersrul

Or maybe he is sore that he didn't play much when he was in school.

smustangs

ding ding ding round one

wildstangs
05-03-2007, 10:45 PM

Uh oh....here comes excitement.

Snydertigersrul
ding ding ding round one

Maybe he will change his mind and take the Hermleigh job

ASUFrisbeeStud

You know I'm disgruntled about it, I believe you were there with us when it happened. I don't have as much against Jackson as the way he came in. You gotta think they fired a coach we loved and fought for the spring of my JR year and brought in a coach that had no faith in Seniors and played JV players during a playoff game because they had gone undefeated. Needless to say they got blown away and didn't help out much. There's alot to it besides that, too much for me to go into. He's a good guy, circumstance never let me like him.

smustangs
Uh oh....here comes excitement.

should have known this couldnt stay peacful for long

smustangs
05-03-2007, 10:46 PM
You know I'm disgruntled about it, I believe you were there with us when it happened. I don't have as much against Jackson as the way he came in. You gotta think they fired a coach we loved and fought for the spring of my JR year and brought in a coach that had no faith in Seniors and played JV players during a playoff game because they had gone undefeated. Needless to say they got blown away and didn't help out much. There's alot to it besides that, too much for me to go into. He's a good guy, circumstance never let me like him.

so your saying the juniors lost to greenwood?

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-03-2007, 10:46 PM

Ya know. You are exactly right.

wildstangs
05-03-2007, 10:47 PM

I think he means Kennedale.

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-03-2007, 10:48 PM

It wasn't Greenwood. Few years before that, it was Kennedale and yeah some JV players that had never played in a Varsity game got put in on defense. We lost for alot of reasons, but that didn't help.

smustangs
I think he means Kennedale.

idk i thought it was greenwood when they made their state run

wildstangs
It wasn't Greenwood. Few years before that, it was Kennedale and yeah some JV players that had never played in a Varsity game got put in on defense. We lost for alot of reasons, but that didn't help.

I got pulled over on the way to that game...Hate Wichita Falls..I remember Sweetwater taking the lead with like 45 seconds and then losing.

smustangs

ok nevermind i thought we were talkin the greenwood game i was confused my bad

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-03-2007, 10:50 PM
I got pulled over on the way to that game...Hate Wichita Falls..I remember Sweetwater taking the lead with like 45 seconds and then losing.

Yeah.

I don't have any beef with Jackson other than we felt he took our chance away from us. They came into a system that was working just fine and changed the defense we had run since we were in 7th grade. It just wasn't an easy transition for those of us that were in their last year. It just wasn't a good situation for either side, we didn't give him a chance and he didn't give us much of one either.

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-03-2007, 10:51 PM
ok nevermind i thought we were talkin the greenwood game i was confused my bad

It's cool. No big deal. It was a long time ago anyways.

Doesn't matter much anymore.

Ranger Mom
05-03-2007, 10:55 PM
I will be the first one to admit what I heard was wrong if it turns out that way.

I have no idea where blackie got his information........and I am not giving up my source, but the 2 have nothing to do with each other, that I can say with a great degree of confidence!

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-03-2007, 10:56 PM

Yeah we lost 37-42, great game if you're a fan in stands, not so much when you're on the losing side on the field.

wildstangs
05-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Yeah we lost 37-42, great game if you're a fan in stands, not so much when you're on the losing side on the field.

Great game if your a Kennedale fan.

Ranger Mom
05-03-2007, 11:04 PM
There is a little blurb about this on the old coach forum.

Jackson to Panhandle ISD (http://www.theoldcoach.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=47326&page=2)

Scroll to the last 4 or 5 posts!

STANG RED
05-03-2007, 11:06 PM

That was a fun game to watch, if you like lots of offence. Cant say either defense had a great game though.
Wasnt that Clemmers last game?

injuredinmelee
05-04-2007, 12:01 AM
To answer RM, I think he's already moved on. 1 and done in Bulldogland. I heard there were some unruley parents on the school board that thought their kid should play first and when that didn't happen they started meddling around making things difficult for Coach Roan. That was actually 2 seasons ago.

your right they do have some huge problems in Stamford with the community and parents.

shadow13
05-04-2007, 01:56 AM
I'd love to see Coach Mayes do it, but alas I don't think he ever would. That would be a big ..big mistake I'm sorry but Mayes is no HC.

sectionCwannabe
05-04-2007, 02:03 AM
Ok i found this in an article.

Kinda makes me think jackson wants to work in the Texas Panhandle. Family reasons maybe?

Web-posted Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tough competition

Amarillo ISD athletic director Tex Nolan said only Thiessen was offered the AHS job, officially announced January 11.

However, it is well documented that current Sweetwater athletic director and football coach Kent Jackson spent time in Amarillo and was interviewed as one of the top candidates.

"Certainly, we wanted the very best fit for our situation at Amarillo High,'' Nolan said. "We always try to work up a profile for each job. The Sweetwater guy looked into it, but we never did offer him a job.''

http://www.amarillo.com/stories/082906/pig_5374125.shtml

DU_stud04
05-04-2007, 02:27 AM
first person i could see inside sweetwaters program....well, he's moved on to being a principal now..... but i could really see coach wigington being hc, that guy was great.....one thing for sure, our defense would be back up

either that or bring coach Gonzales out of retirement. :)

shadow13
05-04-2007, 04:32 AM
first person i could see inside sweetwaters program....well, he's moved on to being a principal now..... but i could really see coach wigington being hc, that guy was great.....one thing for sure, our defense would be back up

either that or bring coach Gonzales out of retirement. :) :clap: I agree

cr180t
05-04-2007, 06:53 AM
Hmmm...I havent seen anything on the news yet...Wouldnt be the first time Blackie had pulled some leg...And to think - I was pulling for him to take the vacant Sweetwater job.

MAJOR sarcasim Major

Black_Magic
05-04-2007, 09:22 AM
I will be the first one to admit what I heard was wrong if it turns out that way.

I have no idea where blackie got his information........and I am not giving up my source, but the 2 have nothing to do with each other, that I can say with a great degree of confidence! Sure !!! You say that now in public..:kiss: Have to say it hurts a little.

BTW as to why Jackson may leave sweetwater for Panhandle is rumored to be the same reason he left the school and came to sweetwater when he did. It is said that he leaves when talent is drying up and go to schools that have alot of up and comming tallent regardless of school size.. If sweetwater is going to be down a couple of years then it may explain it. Also Panhandle is supose to have some good kids comming up.

HAN SING
05-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Black Magic , You plan on trying to get job? If so. Would you do it just to run program into the dirt for the sake of resentment of sweetwater?

mustang68
05-04-2007, 09:30 AM
I'd love to see Coach Mayes do it, but alas I don't think he ever would.

YOu must be smoking something strange

HAN SING
05-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Han just go call from relative at dry cleaner. He say Coach Rogers at Snyder contacted to replace Jackson:eek:

Phantom Stang
05-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by HAN SING
Han just go call from relative at dry cleaner. He say Coach Rogers at Snyder contacted to replace Jackson:eek:
Pass some of that over here.:smoker:

tuff26
05-04-2007, 09:39 AM

Like you would know:rolleyes:

No way Rodgers was contacted

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by tuff26
Like you would know:rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly!;)

mustang68
05-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Actually Tom Ritchey is coming out of retirement and he has already made arrangements for Sammy B to take over the defence and kicking game

Phantom Stang
05-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by mustang68
Actually Tom Ritchey is coming out of retirement and he has already made arrangements for Sammy B to take over the defence and kicking game
Now that makes sense!:clap:

Black_Magic
05-04-2007, 09:53 AM
My thoughts exactly!;) BS!! How would you know Han Sung or what ever your name is. Go back to
your cooking and cleaning before someone stuffs chop stix up your nostrils.

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 09:55 AM
BS!! How would you know Han Sung or what ever your name is. Go back to

Umm......what???

Why you would quote me and talk to Han Sing....I don't even LIKE chinese food!!:p

mustang68
05-04-2007, 09:56 AM
BS!! How would you know Han Sung or what ever your name is. Go back to
You have the audacity to tell anyone anything after posting this garbage.
P L E A S E

Black_Magic
05-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Umm......what???

Why you would quote me and talk to Han Sing....I don't even LIKE chinese food!!:p I was in agreement with your post and telling the rice eater to mind what he does best. How would this dude know anything about what is going on is Snyder .

Snyder_TigerFan
05-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Is it not a little late in the year for an athletic director to be moving on?

Black_Magic
05-04-2007, 10:08 AM
BIg Spring is open as well

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Is it not a little late in the year for an athletic director to be moving on?

Like I said, I still don't really know if it's true or not....but it would seem, to me anyway, like a really crappy thing to do to Sweetwater this late in the year!

HAN SING
05-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Is it not a little late in the year for an athletic director to be moving on? No. Not if planing to leave and looking for a place with good talent to open up.;)

mustang68
05-04-2007, 10:11 AM
I was in agreement with your post and telling the rice eater to mind what he does best. How would this dude know anything about what is going on is Snyder .

And you would know what is going on in
Sweetwater because . . . . .

mustang68
05-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Like I said, I still don't really know if it's true or not....but it would seem, to me anyway, like a really crappy thing to do to Sweetwater this late in the year!

RM you need to check your sources

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 10:13 AM
RM you need to check your sources

I have....they are standing by what they have heard!

Black_Magic
05-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Like I said, I still don't really know if it's true or not....but it would seem, to me anyway, like a really crappy thing to do to Sweetwater this late in the year! I predicted thsi last year before the football season even started. I will do a search and pull it up.. And as for HAN SING. stick to ping pong. its what your good at.

Black_Magic
All-American

Member #: 3700

Its not much of a secret that jackson has been looking alot this last year. Amarillo, Odessa high to name a couple. I expect him to scoot on out of Sw.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-26-2006 09:40 PM I said this last year.

:kiss:

mustang68
05-04-2007, 10:20 AM
I have....they are standing by what they have heard!

Can and will not elabaorate on why "they" need to check their sources.

I inquired last week about the opening with the Dallas Cowboys; doesn't mean a thing. Although rumors are fun when there is nothing else of substance.
What is more interesting are all the cockroaches that began sucrrying out of the dark to comment (especially all the past players)

Snyder_TigerFan
05-04-2007, 10:24 AM

I inquired last week about the opening with the Dallas Cowboys; doesn't mean a thing. Although rumors are fun when there is nothing else of substance.
What is more interesting are all the cockroaches that began sucrrying out of the dark to comment (especially all the past players)

Not sure I'd want to stay somewhere that I didn't feel welcome or appreciated, cause that seems to be the consensus.

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 10:25 AM

I understand.

Honestly, I couldn't care less one way or the other! It doesn't affect me either way.

I just still find it curious that I hear the same thing from someone NOT from the downlow, but up around the Panhandle area.

tuff26
05-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Not sure I'd want to stay somewhere that I didn't feel welcome or appreciated, cause that seems to be the consensus.

Black_Magic
05-04-2007, 10:30 AM
I understand.

Honestly, I couldn't care less one way or the other! It doesn't affect me either way.

I just still find it curious that I hear the same thing from someone NOT from the downlow, but up around the Panhandle area. :thinking: Hmmm..... I heard it from several souces. Its not a rumor.:rolleyes: Its done. some cant believe it because the dont want to. .. Its ok RM.. you can tell people you heard it from me. they wont suspect anything about you and me:p

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 10:43 AM
:thinking: Hmmm..... I heard it from several souces. Its not a rumor.:rolleyes: Its done. some cant believe it because the dont want to. .. Its ok RM.. you can tell people you heard it from me. they wont suspect anything about you and me:p

That would make me liar though!

Anyone who knows me very well, would never suspect anything between me and you anyway!!!:p :p :D

No offense, of course!!:p

sectionCwannabe
05-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Just got off the phone with the Amarillo Globe News, they havent heard anything but they are going to call Panhandle ISD.

Black_Magic
05-04-2007, 11:23 AM
That would make me liar though!

Anyone who knows me very well, would never suspect anything between me and you anyway!!!:p :p :D

No offense, of course!!:p none taken. after all , we must keep up appearances.:clap: no seriously. I wonder why some still dont buy it?? is this a case of the boy who cried wolf?:clap:

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 11:29 AM
I wonder why some still dont buy it?? is this a case of the boy who cried wolf?:clap:

I have no clue! I really don't know what to believe now. If I hadn't heard it previously from someone else, I might think you ARE pulling our leg.....but now I am just confused!!!:crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1:

Black_Magic
05-04-2007, 11:32 AM
I have no clue! I really don't know what to believe now. If I hadn't heard it previously from someone else, I might think you ARE pulling our leg.....but now I am just confused!!!:crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1: http://http://debhoeffner.com/children/bmalley.jpg
http://www.arctic.noaa.gov/images/Wolf/mech_14.jpg :Dhttp://www.simonsays.com/assets/isbn/0689874332/C_0689874332.jpg

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Maybe that Sweetwater site has some information.

Oh wait.........:doh:

mustang68
05-04-2007, 11:48 AM

If you are refering to the supposed PE and old Lou boy. please don't go there. He does not represent Sweetwater - only his inane ramblings.
Doesn't live in Sweetwater. Doesn't speak for Sweetwater.

sectionCwannabe
05-04-2007, 11:51 AM
If you are refering to the supposed PE and old Lou boy. please don't go there. He does not represent Sweetwater - only his inane ramblings.
Doesn't live in Sweetwater. Doesn't speak for Sweetwater.

duly noted!
:D

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 11:53 AM

Doesn't speak for Sweetwater.

Not at all anymore apparently!!

Why is everyone so uptight these days.....it was just a JOKE.....haha....remember when silly things were funny???

I'm going to lunch...too many sour pusses on here today for me!!

Phantom Stang
05-04-2007, 11:53 AM

Doubt they can help you, unless Jackson's taking a Rugby coaching job.

Phantom Stang
05-04-2007, 12:33 PM
There is a little blurb about this on the old coach forum.

Jackson to Panhandle ISD (http://www.theoldcoach.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=47326&page=2)

Scroll to the last 4 or 5 posts!
Now someone on there is saying Jackson turned it down.

wildstangs
05-04-2007, 12:43 PM
Being reported at the local sporting good store? Wow...now that is a great source of information.

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Now someone on there is saying Jackson turned it down.

So....I guess maybe PART of the story is true then?? He went, looked around and said "Thanks, but no thanks"!!

Snyder_TigerFan
05-04-2007, 12:51 PM
So....I guess maybe PART of the story is true then?? He went, looked around and said "Thanks, but no thanks"!!

....or he got a good counter offer.

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 12:57 PM
....or he got a good counter offer.

True.....true!

I guess my main point here, and I can't believe I am defending Blackie....but, I really don't think he just "made this up" to cause contraversy on the board.

Too many "other" people have heard the same rumors, if that's is all it turns out to be.

Black_Magic
05-04-2007, 01:03 PM
So....I guess maybe PART of the story is true then?? He went, looked around and said "Thanks, but no thanks"!! A cartoon of Jackson fishing would go good with this... I dont blame him for looking one little bit. Sweetwater is going to call for his head in the next few seasons especialy if the stangs dont make the playoffs... gotta be a tough place to be the head coach. no matter what tallent you have , they will expect 2-3 rounds deep in the playoffs. If you dont produce your gone. from what I understand they could be a little down the next couple of years. This might be a situation of getting out while the getting is still good.

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 01:07 PM
A cartoon of Jackson fishing would go good with this... I dont blame him for looking one little bit. Sweetwater is going to call for his head in the next few seasons especialy if the stangs dont make the playoffs... gotta be a tough place to be the head coach. no matter what tallent you have , they will expect 2-3 rounds deep in the playoffs. If you dont produce your gone. from what I understand they could be a little down the next couple of years. This might be a situation of getting out while the getting is still good.

That sure would leave Swater in a lurch though. He knew at the beginning of the year what he will have the next few years.....why wait until May to make a decision??

Black_Magic
05-04-2007, 01:09 PM
That sure would leave Swater in a lurch though. He knew at the beginning of the year what he will have the next few years.....why wait until May to make a decision?? That would be just awful! I would hate that for them. :devil:

Ranger Mom
05-04-2007, 01:10 PM
That would be just awful! I would hate that for them. :devil:

Oh....I am sure you would!!:hand: :p

VWG
05-04-2007, 07:45 PM
The state average for a head football coach is about 5 to 6 years in one place.
Those who doubt that check around HS jobs that are open every year from 6man to 5A.
Maybe Panhandle job paid better than Sweetwater?

DU_stud04
05-04-2007, 07:48 PM
does anyone know any truth to this, because ive also heard that jackson resigned a 4 year contract with sweetwater just recently.

even if he doesnt leave, im sticking to my words ive said on this thread.

Black_Magic
05-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Well I know for a fact that he called a coaches meeting in the middle of the week just before the news came that he had taken the job and then when the coaches came to the meeting he simply told them that if they were looking to go somewhere to let him know . Then the meeting was over. the feeling was that it was a stupid meeting to call to tell them what they already knew... Some believed that he was planing on telling them he was leaving but then when the time of the meeting came he had changed his mind. so the told them something simple and went on like nothing else was going on.. This from an inside source.