PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Fans

injuredinmelee
05-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Dont forget tonight that the final episode of the mini series Delahoya/Mayweather is on tonight at 8:30. They will show all four episodes sometime friday on HBO. This is gonna be one heck of a fight!

BullFrog Dad
05-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
This is gonna be one heck of a fight! Mayweather wins easily, De La Hoya is overrated.

GOFOR2
05-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Pretty boy will not look so pretty Sunday morning.

injuredinmelee
05-03-2007, 01:43 PM
i just have a feeling Oscar has it sat night. Has anyone else been watching this mini series leading up to the fight on HBO? Floyd is ridiculous the way he carries big wads of cash around with him all the time and lays it out on the counter and counts it constantly. He said he bets $30,000 a day in the Sports books in Vegas.

GOFOR2
05-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Floyd's an idiot. That's why he will lose. Way too arrogant. He's a moron.

pirate4state
05-03-2007, 01:47 PM
So, let me get this straight. Pretty boy vs. Golden boy - what a bunch of pansies!

I've been watching injured, but I think I told you that already.

injuredinmelee
05-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2

his dad and uncle all of them there is just soemthign wrong... the dad and uncle its from a life time of boxing but jr.. hes just a pompous jerk

injuredinmelee
05-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
So, let me get this straight. Pretty boy vs. Golden boy - what a bunch of pansies!

I've been watching injured, but I think I told you that already.

pansies? DOnt make me challenge you to a cage match!!!! And not in baby oil this time.

pirate4state
05-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
pansies? DOnt make me challenge you to a cage match!!!! And not in baby oil this time. Who goes around calling themselves "pretty boy" & "golden boy" ?? :rolleyes: PANSIES!!

injuredinmelee
05-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Who goes around calling themselves "pretty boy" & "golden boy" ?? :rolleyes: PANSIES!!

when your knocking fools out on a reg basis you can call yourself candyboy if you want... lol

ILS1
05-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Who goes around calling themselves "pretty boy" & "golden boy" ?? :rolleyes: PANSIES!!

Wasn't there a gangster back in the day named "Pretty Boy" Floyd?? I guess that's where he got that from. De La Hoya's "Golden Boy" I guess is from the color of his skin?? Plus, he has a HOT looking wife!!!!

:D :D

JJ7997
05-03-2007, 06:34 PM

You are right. I hope Floyd " The Mouth " gets knocked out.

Mexican Power !!!!

DU_stud04
05-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
Mayweather wins easily, De La Hoya is overrated. being overrated for as long as delahoya has been in it is saying a bit much.

as far as this fight, if dlh decides to set the pace he will win, other than that mayweather will run circles around him and wont get touched for 12 rounds.

DU_stud04
05-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Floyd's an idiot. That's why he will lose. Way too arrogant. He's a moron. I think cocky boxers like Floyd (cuz there are definitely more then just him,example: if anyone watched Contender U.S. vs. UK, the first bout was Walter Wright vs...not making this up...Sugar Ray Cassius Jones Jr...you know he's cocky) anyway, what they are doing are 1 of 2 things, depending on how you look at it. (1) they see Ali and saw how cocky he was. They see that it makes him even greater when he predicts his when and then backs it up. So they want to be like Ali, like Floyd saying he is the best ever. (2) or you could view his cockiness as trying to do what Ali did: bring more people to the sport. MAyweather and De La Hoya are playing good boxer-badass boxer. De La Hoya gives the sob story of his mother being his passion for all the sensitive suckers and get them to watch the match. Then you have Mayweather, who is Ali-like in his taunting and cockiness, who attracts the fans that are not pulled in with the sob stories.

Mayweather is exactly like Ali in the fact that a lot of people will be watching on May 5 just to watch him lose. People wanted to watch Ali more because they wanted to see him be defeated. Also, people want to see if he can back up what he says. This fight is being made for any fan: haters of Mayweather, lovers of Mayweather, people curious of Mayweather, lovers of De La Hoya, and people like us who are just fight fans. (ofcourse, atleast for me, just about every fight seems to be made for me to watch lol)

btw, i cant wait for this fight, been waiting on this one for a while. Im really thinking mayweather is too fast for delahoya, but it will be a very good bout.