PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside & State Golf Tournament

AP Panther Fan
05-03-2007, 11:00 AM
http://theinglesideindex.com/content/articles/2007/05/02/sports/sports4.jpg

BELSER WINS AGAIN

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 4:49 PM CDT

Ingleside Senior Katie Belser is headed back to UIL class 3A State Golf Tournament for the fourth consecutive year. Belser reached the State Tournament by winning the Region 4 Golf Tournament by a whopping ten strokes. Her score was 71-78-148. This was her second consecutive Regional victory. Prior to the regional tournament, Belser won the 30-3A district tournament for the fourth consecutive year. She placed sixth last year at the state tournament and is looking to improve on that record. Belser is the daughter of David and Kathy Belser of Ingleside and the granddaughter of Frank and Mary Flores of Aransas Pass and George and Pauline Belser of Waxahachie. The state tournament will be held May 10 - 11 at Morris Williams Golf Course in Austin

Phil C
05-03-2007, 11:11 AM
And she is also a good softball player!

:clap:

big daddy russ
05-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Congrats. Good to see Ingleside doing so well at so many sports.

Her older brother was also a great golfer. I don't know whether or not he made four trips to state, but I know he went there.

pirate4state
05-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

:thinking: hmmmmmmmmmm, I don't remember - what position does she play? Her name doesn't sound familiar.

44INAROW
05-03-2007, 12:03 PM
she is a great golfer and extremely consistant....... Good Luck at State Katie :clap: :clap:

AP Panther Fan
05-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
she is a great golfer and extremely consistant....... Good Luck at State Katie :clap: :clap:

I think her father has had her playing since she was tall enough to hold a golf club.:D

AP Panther Fan
05-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

She played a little basketball last year, but golf is her only sport this year.