PDA

View Full Version : Phil...scary times for Sinton!!!

Adidas410s
05-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Kelci Molina is set to face Brooke Dennis of Abilene Wylie in the first round of the state tennis tournament on Monday in girls singles. Brooke is the heavy favorite to win the title!

BEWARE OF THE PURPLE BULLDOG!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

pirate4state
05-02-2007, 04:26 PM
We are all very proud of Kelci for making it to State. First time, in the history of Sinton Tennis that someone has gone to State! :thumbsup: She had to beat her twin sister to get to State :eek: Talk about bitter sweet.

Good Luck Kelci!! :cheerl:

Adidas410s
05-02-2007, 04:28 PM
I was wondering if anybody from Sinton had ever made it. I'd never seen their name up there for tennis in the past. Congrats to her and enjoy the experience!!! It will be one to remember for a long time. :)

pirate4state
05-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I was wondering if anybody from Sinton had ever made it. I'd never seen their name up there for tennis in the past. Congrats to her and enjoy the experience!!! It will be one to remember for a long time. :)

I think the only sports that have NOT made an appearance at State is Volleyball & Girls Basketball.

AP Panther Fan
05-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Geez....does Abilene Wylie have to be good at everything? Adidas, isn't there any sport that y'all suck at?:D

RMAC
05-02-2007, 04:36 PM
When he was in HS it was only guys basketball . . . but obviously that's changed a little bit.

carter08
05-02-2007, 04:37 PM
We almost had a girl make state, but she was sick the whole week and only got third at regionals

Adidas410s
05-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Geez....does Abilene Wylie have to be good at everything? Adidas, isn't there any sport that y'all suck at?:D
like Dumbo said it used to be boys thump thump. Now I guess you could say it's either girls track (they aren't sending a few indies and a relay or 3 to state every year anymore...still dominatning in district though) or boys/girls golf. They both had streaks of 10+ years of winning region and advancing to state that ended when I was in HS. Once Trey Todd (now at A&M) and Jessica Harbin (a top D2 player @ St Mary's) left...they haven't really had a top notch golf program anymore.

The condensed version of that is "yes...there are a few...but it's relative to their former success only! ;)"

AP Panther Fan
05-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

The condensed version of that is "yes...there are a few...but in relative to their former success only! ;)"

Gotcha...good answer!

Phil C
05-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Freer won some state championships in tennis in the fifties.

Go Kelci!

Adidas410s
05-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Gotcha...good answer!

Oops...just noticed that Wylie has 2 relays and at least 1 individual in the girls state track meet.

Phil C
05-03-2007, 10:53 AM
We had a girl from Sinton win the State championship in the 80s in the discus or shot put. Her name was Stacy Madlock. (Help in spelling and event please.)

pirate4state
05-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
We had a girl from Sinton win the State championship in the 80s in the discus or shot put. Her name was Stacy Madlock. (Help in spelling and event please.) She won state in shot and her name is Stacey Medlock. Her brother Willie was the catcher for the 88-89 State Baseball teams too. :)

Phil C
05-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
She won state in shot and her name is Stacey Medlock. Her brother Willie was the catcher for the 88-89 State Baseball teams too. :)

Very good! Now what year?

pirate4state
05-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Very good! Now what year? What year did she win state? I believe it was our senior year 1990.