burnet44
05-02-2007, 02:58 PM
see here is proof

lol

http://www.homeruncards.com/imagesrc/1986-topps-bonds.jpg

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/i/020807/r_bonds_barry_vt.jpg

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Several years of rigorous weight training can transform somebody, so that argument really lacks a lot of merit.

Fotbol
05-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Several years of rigorous weight training can transform somebody, so that argument really lacks a lot of merit. Age alone can make you pack on the pounds, Saw My friend Ky Muese for the first time in 20 years, he went to aTm and I wen to the service, he didn't recognize me util I said Phillip Kyser and he went D. Scott man you've sure gained weight, are you on steroids??

JasperDog94
05-02-2007, 03:34 PM
While the pictures don't prove anything, anyone that thinks he didn't use steroids is delusional.

pirate4state
05-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Age alone can make you pack on the pounds, Saw My friend Ky Muese for the first time in 20 years, he went to aTm and I wen to the service, he didn't recognize me util I said Phillip Kyser and he went D. Scott man you've sure gained weight, are you on steroids?? that REALLY made me LOL

pirate4state
05-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
While the pictures don't prove anything, anyone that thinks he didn't use steroids is delusional. wow color me delusional :o

BuffyMars
05-02-2007, 03:40 PM
WHy anybody would want shrunken........is beyond me. I love how guys feel that muscles determine masculinity. Not all guys I know...but its just so rediculous.

In fact there is such a thing as too much muscle. :hand:

Macarthur
05-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Several years of rigorous weight training can transform somebody, so that argument really lacks a lot of merit.

True, but it doesn't make the size of your head almost double. :eek:

Old Tiger
05-02-2007, 04:03 PM
There is a reason that Bud and Hank don't want anything to do with his tainted homerun record. I hope he tears his ACL completely and can never play again so that he doesn't break the record.

kaorder1999
05-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Age alone can make you pack on the pounds, Saw My friend Ky Muese for the first time in 20 years, he went to aTm and I wen to the service, he didn't recognize me util I said Phillip Kyser and he went D. Scott man you've sure gained weight, are you on steroids??

age can make you gain weight but age doesn't contribute to the gain of lean muscle mass like Bonds put on at an older age.

BuffyMars
05-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
There is a reason that Bud and Hank don't want anything to do with his tainted homerun record. I hope he tears his ACL completely and can never play again so that he doesn't break the record.

Oh its sad, but I hope he doesn't break the record either. I don't wish him any ill harm, but I have a problem with performance enhancing drugs in sports. But hey, that is just me. Guess I am a little old-fashioned.

wedo
05-02-2007, 04:18 PM

exactly! I think that its just not right to say the guy "cheats" if he has never tested positive IMO. Hard Work can make you that big in a year or two ive seen it happen before. Plus how old is that picture. If the two pictures were close together in time then maybe. Other wise everyon should leave the man alone IMO.

Txbroadcaster
05-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Oh its sad, but I hope he doesn't break the record either. I don't wish him any ill harm, but I have a problem with performance enhancing drugs in sports. But hey, that is just me. Guess I am a little old-fashioned.

I hope he breaks the record

Baseball for FAR to long hid their head in the sand..and IF he did use I think it is funny he would hold the most prestigious record in the sport.

Old Tiger
05-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Baseball for FAR to long hid their head in the sand..and IF he did use I think it is funny he would hold the most prestigious record in the sport. lol...i agree with your logic! MLB made itself into a tainted league and there is a reason that it is not our national past time anymore.

BuffyMars
05-02-2007, 04:22 PM

Baseball for FAR to long hid their head in the sand..and IF he did use I think it is funny he would hold the most prestigious record in the sport.

It doesn't bother you one bit, that he may or may not have used roids which may or may not indirectly affect his gameplay?

BuffyMars
05-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Everybody was arguing the other day about Baron Davis wearing a hat with bullets on it coming out of a locker room, and the NBA trying to clean up their image....

I guess I just don't see the difference in the 2....I would think people that argued for the NBA's reason would argue the same against a player in the MLB who uses roids and breaks a national record.

JasperDog94
05-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by wedo
exactly! I think that its just not right to say the guy "cheats" if he has never tested positive IMO. Hard Work can make you that big in a year or two ive seen it happen before. Plus how old is that picture. If the two pictures were close together in time then maybe. Other wise everyon should leave the man alone IMO. So we just ignore report after report of his use of rhoids? Like Tiger WR said, there's a reason that Hank won't have anything to do with him.

BTW - Isn't Hank his Godfather?

Txbroadcaster
05-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
It doesn't bother you one bit, that he may or may not have used roids which may or may not indirectly affect his gameplay?

That is not the point...MLB wants to play all high and mighty about Bonds and act like he is tainting the game when it was MLB that would not police their players and try to weed out the users

They rode Mark, Sosa, and Bonds to record crowds and big money...But NOW act like they are the enemy.

Dont cash in on them then try to avoid their accomplishments

Macarthur
05-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by wedo
exactly! I think that its just not right to say the guy "cheats" if he has never tested positive IMO. Hard Work can make you that big in a year or two ive seen it happen before. Plus how old is that picture. If the two pictures were close together in time then maybe. Other wise everyon should leave the man alone IMO.

Have you read the book written by the SF Chronicle writers?

Dude, he cheated. The fact that he never tested postive is irrelvant given that they didn't start testing until last year!!!!

coach
05-02-2007, 04:34 PM
So we just ignore report after report of his use of rhoids? Like Tiger WR said, there's a reason that Hank won't have anything to do with him.

no thats willie mays

BuffyMars
That is not the point...MLB wants to play all high and mighty about Bonds and act like he is tainting the game when it was MLB that would not police their players and try to weed out the users

They rode Mark, Sosa, and Bonds to record crowds and big money...But NOW act like they are the enemy.

Dont cash in on them then try to avoid their accomplishments

I agree with you there. But as a fan, I can't help but feel bad for record holders who earned it the hard way.

JasperDog94
Originally posted by Macarthur

Dude, he cheated. The fact that he never tested postive is irrelvant given that they didn't start testing until last year!!!! Game of shadows.

JasperDog94
05-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by coach
no thats willie mays That's right. I got them confused.:doh:

wedo
05-02-2007, 04:44 PM
So we just ignore report after report of his use of rhoids? Like Tiger WR said, there's a reason that Hank won't have anything to do with him.

Yes because there is no proof. If he tests positive then i will say strip him of all his records until then He hasn't done nothin wrong yet IMO.

coach
05-02-2007, 04:45 PM
innocent until proven guilty

wedo
05-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

Dude, he cheated. The fact that he never tested postive is irrelvant given that they didn't start testing until last year!!!!

They have not prove! The fact that he has gained weight is irrelvant!!

wedo
05-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by coach
innocent until proven guilty

Yes!!:clap:

bandera7
05-02-2007, 05:35 PM
well I dont want him to have the record...because then they can say well he couldnt beat Hank and he had steroids...how crappy will Bonds feel?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Until anything is proven, this is all speculation. More than likely, he did take steriods, but you're throwing the man into the fire without knowing for sure. I would rather know something is 100% factual before I could endorse taking away everything that he has accomplished, but that's just me. I for one know quite a bit about lifting weights, and for Bonds to get as big as he is can happen with the right amount of hard work and dedication.

smustangs
05-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Until anything is proven, this is all speculation. More than likely, he did take steriods, but you're throwing the man into the fire without knowing for sure. I would rather know something is 100% factual before I could endorse taking away everything that he has accomplished, but that's just me. I for one know quite a bit about lifting weights, and for Bonds to get as big as he is can happen with the right amount of hard work and dedication.

i agree 100%

big daddy russ
05-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Josh Gibson and Saduharu Oh (sp?) have both hit more than 800 home runs, but I don't see their names in the record books. IF we find out that Bonds did, in fact, juice, then I'd rather see him out of the books than Gibson.

IMO, don't crucify a man until we have proof. I didn't read "Game of Shadows," but I've never seen any hard evidence. Until then, we're acting no better than Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson during the Duke lacrosse case.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-02-2007, 07:16 PM
K so when all the HRs were being hit in the early 90's it was the ball was juiced and those hrs counted still. If he did or didnt, no matter the Hr count stands and if he passes the HR record there shouldnt be any complains.

Darren
05-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Proof of Steriods in Baseball

http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/15657.JPG

And if that wasn't proof enough. Check this out...

http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/15655.JPG

Darren
05-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Looks cut and dry to me.

bandera7
05-02-2007, 08:19 PM
I agree with BBDE but I feel like there is no way to know because he obviously is either clean or on masking agents. The thing is, these masking agents work so well that we will never know. It took us over 100 tests to catch Gatlin.

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Proof of Steriods in Baseball

http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/15657.JPG

And if that wasn't proof enough. Check this out...

http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/15655.JPG

Didn't Giambi admit it in Grand Jury testimony?

Panther One
05-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Haven't read all the other posts, so I'm sorry if I repeat anything...

People just need to accept that the steroid era is part of baseball. There was no drug testing and no one will ever know who was on what or how many in the league were using, so why are only a handful of guys picked on and why are home runs all that is associated with steriods? How many of the home runs hit during that time came off of pitchers that were using? In my opinion, there was a level playing field, it was baseball's fault for not having a drug testing policy, so all stats should stand and guys like McGuire should be in the Hall of Fame. There was the dead ball era, the juiced ball era, and the juiced player era.

Players have always been judged by the era in which they played. Guys like McGuire and Bonds who played during the steroid era should still be regarded as the best players of their era and should make the Hall. There are a lot of guys from that era that used steroids that will wind up in the Hall of Fame because they stayed under the radar. It's a travesty to punish a select few when steroid use was so widespread.

There is no proof that Bonds used steroids. The increase in head size is rediculous. My dad has a much thicker build and wears a larger hat size than when he was in his early 20s, and I'm pretty sure he never did 'roids. Bonds has a very strict workout regimine, has a personal chef preparing his meals, takes hundreds of dollars in legal supplements a day, and has blood work done every three months to monitor his nutritional levels. That's one reason why he never got smaller when the league started testing while guys like Giambi and Sosa lost 15-20 pounds. Even if he did use, he has still been one of the hardest working players in the game since around 10-15 years ago when he decided to increase his power numbers and hit the weights.

Steroids on not, Bonds is still one of the greatest and most skilled players ever to play the game.

JasperDog94
05-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Until then, we're acting no better than Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson during the Duke lacrosse case. Sorry Russ, but I'm gonna have to throw the brown flag on this statement.

Jesse and Al are all about race. This has nothing to do with race. It's about a tainted home run record.

Old Tiger
05-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Sorry Russ, but I'm gonna have to throw the brown flag on this statement.

Jesse and Al are all about race. This has nothing to do with race. It's about a tainted home run record. I agree JD94. When he breaks this record major league baseball will be forever ruined till someone else breaks the record. If Griffey would not have gotten hurt all those years then he would be the one to do it!

JasperDog94
05-02-2007, 11:52 PM
I agree JD94. When he breaks this record major league baseball will be forever ruined till someone else breaks the record. If Griffey would not have gotten hurt all those years then he would be the one to do it! I think you're right about Griffey.

GreenMonster
05-03-2007, 12:25 AM
there is a reason that it is not our national past time anymore.

Tiger, PASS-time not PAST-time. Bonds was on the juice. Everyone knows it. No test will ever prove it. Just so that everyone knows though, taking steroids in itself will not make you super muscular. You still have to go to the gym and work your buttocks off to get big. What steroids does is reduce the amount of recovery time that the taker needs before being able to go back into the gym and work their buttocks off again. They also tinker with your hormones to force your body to go through chemical changes that allow for greater muscle mass gain in shorter periods. These same hormone changes tend to make men grow boobies (see The Rock in his early wrestling career: he had a breast reduction surgury) and the changes also tend to make male testes shrink. Just because the testes have shrunk doesn't mean his junk doesn't work nor does it mean that his penis has shrunk. In all likelyhood the penis probably grew due to the muscular structure of the penis. That's all I have to say about that.

Old Tiger
05-03-2007, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Tiger, PASS-time not PAST-time. You missed the humor! :D

kaorder1999
05-03-2007, 08:18 AM
once again people.....as a person ages it is perfectly normal to have weight gain. BUT around the age of 35, the body's ability to pack on lean muscle mass, without the use of an anabolic steroid, is GREATLY diminished unless their body naturally produces enough testosterone to do so. And in Bonds case, he would have always had a high testosterone level and he would have been bigger and leaner in his early years of playing baseball. They went through weight workouts back then too. Its not like weights just all of a sudden appeared for him!

themsu97
05-03-2007, 08:27 AM
you forget that there was a leak in the grand jury testimony where bonds admitted to using the cream that is steroids... and other things as well so he has admitted use, he just denies that he knew what it was...hahahahahahahaha... Bonds is a cheater and broadcaster is right, Selig and MLB owners turned their back on it until Canseco came out as did Caminiti and then Congress got involved and then all of sudden Sammy could no longer speak english and one of my favorite players,palmeiro, tested positive and I lost all faith...
bottom line, in a few years A Rod will shatter the record and if Aaron is still alive he will be there the day A Rod passes him... Bonds will not show up because, well, he is an a hole

kaorder1999
05-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
you forget that there was a leak in the grand jury testimony where bonds admitted to using the cream that is steroids... and other things as well so he has admitted use, he just denies that he knew what it was...hahahahahahahaha... Bonds is a cheater and broadcaster is right, Selig and MLB owners turned their back on it until Canseco came out as did Caminiti and then Congress got involved and then all of sudden Sammy could no longer speak english and one of my favorite players,palmeiro, tested positive and I lost all faith...
bottom line, in a few years A Rod will shatter the record and if Aaron is still alive he will be there the day A Rod passes him... Bonds will not show up because, well, he is an a hole

that is very true...he did admit to using the substance....