PDA

View Full Version : Question About Michael Vick

Old Tiger
05-02-2007, 01:32 PM
With the new league policy shouldn't he be in trouble for the incident involving dog fights at his house and result in a suspension by Roger Goodell?

Txbroadcaster
05-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
With the new league policy shouldn't he be in trouble for the incident involving dog fights at his house and result in a suspension by Roger Goodell?

NO..it is not a blanket rule..it is up for interpretation by the Commish..PLUS no one has said he wont get into some kind of trouble

Old Tiger
05-02-2007, 01:48 PM
There is so much grey area in this rule, IMO.

It's kind of like a HS princple if you do something and he likes you that you could get off with lunch detention but if he dislikes you then you could get ISS or something.

Txbroadcaster
05-02-2007, 01:51 PM
There is so much grey area in this rule, IMO.

It's kind of like a HS princple if you do something and he likes you that you could get off with lunch detention but if he dislikes you then you could get ISS or something.

Still it is better to have something in place that allows the league to be proactive on punishment for players getting in trouble

Old Tiger
05-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Still it is better to have something in place that allows the league to be proactive on punishment for players getting in trouble True but that is where the grey area comes in again. He said you don't have to be convicted. Ah it just confuses me and grinds my gears. I'm not trying to argue with you I am just confused on all of this. Have an intelligent conversation without getting warned or anything. :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
05-02-2007, 01:53 PM
That's where the grey area comes in again. He said you don't have to be convicted. Ah it just confuses me and grinds my gears. I'm not trying to argue with you I am just confused on all of this. Have an intelligent conversation without getting warned or anything. :rolleyes:

Look..if you work at a job and get arrested..they can fire you if it is in their employee rules. Conviction does not matter.

Old Tiger
05-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Look..if you work at a job and get arrested..they can fire you if it is in their employee rules. Conviction does not matter. Your everday job isn't the NFL though...

WHAT HAPPENED TO SPECIAL PRIVILEDGES FOR ATHLETES!!!:mad: :mad:

Txbroadcaster
05-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Your everday job isn't the NFL though...

WHAT HAPPENED TO SPECIAL PRIVILEDGES FOR ATHLETES!!!:mad: :mad:

LOL and in turn..your everyday job does not give you the exsposure that NFL players get

So in turn..you getting arrested unless very high profile, will not embarass the company

BUT and NFL player farts on wrong street, they get arrested, it is all over the news and embarrases the NFL

Old Tiger
05-02-2007, 01:59 PM
LOL and in turn..your everyday job does not give you the exsposure that NFL players get

So in turn..you getting arrested unless very high profile, will not embarass the company

BUT and NFL player farts on wrong street, they get arrested, it is all over the news and embarrases the NFL It's hard to type what I want to say so I will let this end. It has to do with how crazy fans are these days though.

pirate4state
05-02-2007, 02:25 PM
I'm not trying to argue with you I am just confused on all of this. Have an intelligent conversation without getting warned or anything. :rolleyes: People do it everyday. I really don't know why you have such a problem with it? :thinking: :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
05-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
People do it everyday. I really don't know why you have such a problem with it? :thinking: :rolleyes: BECAUSE IT HURT VINCE'S TEAM!:mad: :mad: :p

pirate4state
05-02-2007, 02:28 PM
BECAUSE IT HURT VINCE'S TEAM!:mad: :mad: :p How? I thought you were talking about Vick? :confused:

Old Tiger
05-02-2007, 02:28 PM
How? I thought you were talking about Vick? :confused: Were you talking about the policy or the dog fights?

pirate4state
05-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Were you talking about the policy or the dog fights? What are YOU talking about?

Old Tiger
05-02-2007, 02:30 PM
What are YOU talking about? I thought you were talking about the policy

pirate4state
05-02-2007, 02:34 PM
I thought you were talking about the policy Which policy and what does it have to do with Vince?

Old Tiger
05-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Which policy and what does it have to do with Vince? Your not in the know ;)

pirate4state
Your not in the know ;) You are out of your element!!!

Old Tiger
You are out of your element!!! nope if I were i'd be in the valley :D

Are you bringing tortillas to the state meet?

pirate4state
05-02-2007, 02:36 PM
nope sad thing is you don't even know it

nice response! :thumbsup:

Old Tiger
05-02-2007, 02:37 PM
sad thing is you don't even know it

nice response! :thumbsup: Quit discrimating against me! :p

pirate4state
05-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Quit discrimating against me! :p

"You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know... " - Walter Sobchak

LH Panther Mom
05-02-2007, 03:18 PM
People do it everyday. I really don't know why you have such a problem with it? :thinking: :rolleyes:
I know exactly what you're talking about. :devil: :devil: