PDA

View Full Version : Game 5 Incident Report

Adidas410s
05-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Game 5 Incident Reportby: Marc Stein

DALLAS -- It has to be the leading candidate for Best Game of Round 1: Dallas 118, Golden State 112.

So what could spoil the mood heading into Thursday's massive Game 6?

League discipline, of course.

Here's hoping both teams are full strength Thursday for such an important one, but we've got a couple situations to monitor after Tuesday's roller-coaster Game 5 in Big D:

• NBA observers in the building interviewed multiple spectators after the game about an alleged tangle between Golden State's Jason Richardson and a Mavs fan sitting across from the Dallas bench. Richardson fell after a shot and tempers appeared to flare when the Warriors' swingman felt he was being impeded as he tried to get up to rejoin the game. Because the Mavs' fan filed a report with NBA security, league officials are expected to review the incident.

• Golden State's Stephen Jackson was kicked out with 8.9 seconds to play to make it two ejections for Jackson in the Warriors' two losses in this series. Jackson maintains he was unfairly expelled this time for clapping -- the same offense that got Baron Davis ejected from Game 2 -- but it remains to be seen whether the league plans to tack on a penalty in addition to Don Nelson's post-game vow to fine his primary Dirk Nowitzki defender "a substantial amount." NBA commissioner David Stern said Friday in Oakland, after Jackson was fined $50,000 for his first ejection and mostly for not leaving the court in a timely manner, that Jackson's past transgressions didn't factor into the punishment. "But the next one will," Stern added.

PS -- Dallas' Jason Terry shoving Baron Davis near the Warriors' bench might get a look as well, since it received plenty of TV time postgame, but a few folks who have seen the replay (I haven't yet) insist there was a flop involved.

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Game 5 Incident Reportby: Marc Stein

DALLAS -- It has to be the leading candidate for Best Game of Round 1: Dallas 118, Golden State 112.

So what could spoil the mood heading into Thursday's massive Game 6?

League discipline, of course.

Here's hoping both teams are full strength Thursday for such an important one, but we've got a couple situations to monitor after Tuesday's roller-coaster Game 5 in Big D:

• NBA observers in the building interviewed multiple spectators after the game about an alleged tangle between Golden State's Jason Richardson and a Mavs fan sitting across from the Dallas bench. Richardson fell after a shot and tempers appeared to flare when the Warriors' swingman felt he was being impeded as he tried to get up to rejoin the game. Because the Mavs' fan filed a report with NBA security, league officials are expected to review the incident.

• Golden State's Stephen Jackson was kicked out with 8.9 seconds to play to make it two ejections for Jackson in the Warriors' two losses in this series. Jackson maintains he was unfairly expelled this time for clapping -- the same offense that got Baron Davis ejected from Game 2 -- but it remains to be seen whether the league plans to tack on a penalty in addition to Don Nelson's post-game vow to fine his primary Dirk Nowitzki defender "a substantial amount." NBA commissioner David Stern said Friday in Oakland, after Jackson was fined $50,000 for his first ejection and mostly for not leaving the court in a timely manner, that Jackson's past transgressions didn't factor into the punishment. "But the next one will," Stern added.

PS -- Dallas' Jason Terry shoving Baron Davis near the Warriors' bench might get a look as well, since it received plenty of TV time postgame, but a few folks who have seen the replay (I haven't yet) insist there was a flop involved.

He definitly flopped, IMO.

Bull's-eye
05-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Being an impartial fan, Terry's technical was far more worse than the laughing of Jackson, but I don't think either will be suspended. Terry was guilty and the GS player did a good job of selling the call by staying down on the floor. It wasn't a flop, Terry did deserve the T.

Bulldog_12
05-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Being an impartial fan, Terry's technical was far more worse than the laughing of Jackson, but I don't think either will be suspended. Terry was guilty and the GS player did a good job of selling the call by staying down on the floor. It wasn't a flop, Terry did deserve the T.

I agree. I felt that if Terry only got one T, then Jackson should have only gotten one. My problem with Terry's is that he wrapped his arm around BD's neck. Why would you do that? He did pull, but Davis definitely took it to the extreme. If the other two are punished, Terry has to be as well. IMO

Rabbit'93
05-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Being an impartial fan, Terry's technical was far more worse than the laughing of Jackson, but I don't think either will be suspended. Terry was guilty and the GS player did a good job of selling the call by staying down on the floor. It wasn't a flop, Terry did deserve the T. If you're basing this on the replay that ESPN has been showing, you're way off. Davis flopped. No question. I saw it in person and a full replay twice. He layed on the ground like a little girl.