PDA

View Full Version : The "Pick N Flop" is still alive in Utah

JasperDog94
05-01-2007, 11:40 AM
If I see one more player from Utah flop on the floor and the refs call a foul, something is going to go flying through my tv. It took all of my control last night to hold back and not wake up my daughter by yelling at the tv.:mad:

My only saving grace came last night when Fisher was called for a charge (which it clearly was) and he had this look of "you don't call that against us". It was priceless.

3afan
05-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
If I see one more player from Utah flop on the floor and the refs call a foul, something is going to go flying through my tv. It took all of my control last night to hold back and not wake up my daughter by yelling at the tv.:mad:

My only saving grace came last night when Fisher was called for a charge (which it clearly was) and he had this look of "you don't call that against us". It was priceless.

IMO the flop is a huge problem in the NBA

Adidas410s
05-01-2007, 11:42 AM
I didn't know Popovich was coaching the Jazz now???

Maroon87
05-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I didn't know Popovich was coaching the Jazz now???

He's not. They might have some titles if he was.:p

DU_stud04
05-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
He's not. They might have some titles if he was.:p got'em coach ;)

JasperDog94
05-01-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
IMO the flop is a huge problem in the NBA I agree. Malone was the best. I've never seen a big man fall down so many times.:rolleyes:

themsu97
05-01-2007, 12:54 PM
then you must not be old enough to remember Lambeer and the Pistons... they flopped and whined as much as the Spurs and Jazz combined

Maroon87
05-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I agree. Malone was the best. I've never seen a big man fall down so many times.:rolleyes:

Vlade Divac was pretty close.

JasperDog94
05-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
then you must not be old enough to remember Lambeer and the Pistons... they flopped and whined as much as the Spurs and Jazz combined I remember. I just think the Jazz did it more effectively over a longer period of time. Not to take anything away from the Pistons. They had their moments as well.;)

JasperDog94
05-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Vlade Divac was pretty close. True, but Divac is no Karl Malone. Malone is one of those guys that looked like he could just lose it at any moment and rip your arms off. Then you'd breath on him and he'd flop back and get a charging foul on you. Ahhhhhh, those were the days.:D

Bull's-eye
05-01-2007, 09:44 PM
I don't like those flops, especially when they let the slapping and hacking fouls not be called. Yao was getting hacked all night, but the refs weren't calling the fouls. At the end of the game, Utah fouled Yao on purpose and the officials still wouldn't call the foul.

bandera7
05-01-2007, 09:45 PM
the Lakers were pretty bad when they won all those titles a couple years back. They all got acting lessons from all those hollywood stars in LA