PDA

View Full Version : Lots of good games this week....

Matthew328
10-13-2003, 11:03 AM
These games really have caught my eye as good ones for this week..

Decatur at Bridgeport
Pilot Point at Celina
Gilmer at Winnsboro
Daingerfield at Atlanta
Longview Spring Hill at Jefferson
Carthage at Rusk
Waco LaVega at China Spring
Jasper at Newton
Barbers Hill at Liberty
Bellville at Navasota
Giddings at Manor
Cuero at Yoakum
Rice Consolidated at Sweeny

What are some of your thoughts on these key matchups?

CatWoman
10-13-2003, 11:10 AM
There are some good ones a little farther West too. District 6-AAA looks to go down to the wire. A lot of close games I bet.

CheerMom
10-13-2003, 11:12 AM
The Rice and Sweeny game should be a good match up. Sweeny always gives Rice a hard game. Sweeny had a weaker team last year and beat us at home. This year in Sweeny should prove to be just as tough. We will see how the boys hold up without their leader this week. Last weeks game was a shoe in, but this will be the test on how well they can play without him(Coach Roark). They all have their hearts on their sleeves and should be an emotional game. I predict with emotion that Rice comes out on top by 7.

underware
10-13-2003, 11:13 AM
I'm hope'n the Cuero and Yoakum game will be good. Cuero's got an great team this year. Yoakum still struggling a little. Will be tough!!

Matthew328
10-13-2003, 11:15 AM
6-3A looks wide open....if Abilene Wylie somehow misses the postseason Clyde would be the Div I rep...wow...LOL I couldn't have thought that Wylie would have lost 4 in a row and be fighting for their playoff lives now...

BigRedfan
10-13-2003, 11:16 AM
Thoughts on the three games in my area:
Gilmer at Winnsboro- should be a hard fought game. It will come down to who can stop whom. In order for Winnsboro to win, they will have to stop the big plays of Hines and Mckensie(I hope,I spelled his name right). Winnsboro's defense will have to play a heads up game. Gilmer will have to stop our junior quaterback who if he has time can burn you. The running game will have to have a good game also. Gilmer by 7 although my heart want to say my Winnsboro Red Raiders will win it.
Daingerfield at Atlanta- Without a question this is going to be a toss up. The Atlanta record is very deceiving. Daingerfield by 13.
Spring Hill at Jefferson- I am going with the Spring Hill Panthers. I saw them play two weeks ago and was very impressed with them. Spring Hill by 13.

East Texas will have some very good games to watch this weekend.

Matthew?? Where will you be Friday night?

Matthew328
10-13-2003, 11:18 AM
I'll be at Everman-Venus...it's Everman's homecoming...gotta see some old freinds..and it may be a better game than I originally thought at the beginning of the year..

xlr8tor
10-13-2003, 11:22 AM
Matthew328:
6-3A looks wide open....if Abilene Wylie somehow misses the postseason Clyde would be the Div I rep...wow...LOL I couldn't have thought that Wylie would have lost 4 in a row and be fighting for their playoff lives now...Things do seem to be changing in the world of football. Wylie is loosing, the Cowboys are winning, now if UT could only get it together. Just my take.

BigRedfan
10-13-2003, 11:25 AM
Good luck to Everman. How is the playing doing that was injured last season during the playoff game? Have not heard an update in quite awhile now.

BigRedfan
10-13-2003, 11:27 AM
Correction on a sentence. Should read:"How is the player doing that was injured doing the playoff game last season?"

CatWoman
10-13-2003, 11:28 AM
Matthew328:
6-3A looks wide open....if Abilene Wylie somehow misses the postseason Clyde would be the Div I rep...wow...LOL I couldn't have thought that Wylie would have lost 4 in a row and be fighting for their playoff lives now...Ballinger gets Clyde this week and should have their hands full. If Ballinger makes the playoffs, no matter what - we are small school.