PDA

View Full Version : It's a wonderful day ...

sinton66
03-06-2004, 02:32 AM
in the neighborhood. Would you, could you, be my neighbor?

<small>[ March 06, 2004, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

WOSgrad
03-06-2004, 12:12 PM
It truly is a wonderful day. It is the first day that I have been able to see the sun in it seems like forever!

onfirebball05mustang
03-06-2004, 02:54 PM
beautiful texas weather...wouldnt trade it for anything in the world...well maybe food!

sinton66
03-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Yeah, weather's beautiful here today. Much better than all the rain and cold we've had for weeks. wink

<small>[ March 06, 2004, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

SintonFan
03-06-2004, 05:17 PM
sinton66:
Yeah, weather's beautiful here today. Much better than all the rain and cold we've had for weeks. wink .
Gimme all that rain and cold. It sure does help the heating market!

crzyjournalist03
03-06-2004, 05:27 PM
man, I've got a story about the weather:

Last night I was supposed to go watch a movie at a friend's apartment. Some of the girls I was with decided that the weather was way too beautiful and that they wanted to go to the lake. So about 8:00 we head to the grocery store to grab some firewood and some stuff to make smores. The guys weren't thinking and let the girls go into the store while we waited outside...about 45 minutes later, they finally come out with all the goods. So we drive up to Lake Ray Roberts because one of the girls said it's open until 12:30 a.m. So we get there about 9:30 or so and start unpacking everything. After watching for about twenty minutes of unsuccessful campfire building, the park ranger comes out and tells us that the park is closing in ten minutes...it closes at 10 and not 12:30...so we pack everything up and get loaded and drive up to the front entrance by 10:03, and to our amazement, the park ranger has locked the front gate and gone home for the night because we had a friend who was waiting outside the park waiting for us, so the ranger thought she was the last car in our group and that we had left already. So we were stuck inside the park with nothing but a couple of blankets, some graham crackers and chocolate and marshmallows and a couple of pickup trucks for about 15 people. We struggled with the lock combinations for about another half-hour before resigning ourselves to the fact that we were going to be spending the night there with a couple of blankets in the back of the trucks. By about 10:40, we realized there was no escape, so we all started heading to our vehicles to go find a place to sleep for the night in the camp. Then suddenly another car drives up and the guy asks us what's going on and we tell him and he asks, "So do you guys want me to let you out?" It was the park owner who happened to have the keys with him to let us out of the place! After that adventure, we were determined to find a place to build our fire, so we went to a local park here in Denton and put the firewood on a grill and finally got our fire going. It was a pretty adventurous night though, that's for sure.