PDA

View Full Version : School Bond Elections

Milk That Cow
04-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Some big bond elections next week that will impact athletic facilities...

Giddings and Rockdale both have one...

Any thoughts on how they will come out...

Old Tiger
04-30-2007, 02:42 PM
explain...

I don't read our newspaper so I am in the dark on news for Rockdale.

Milk That Cow
04-30-2007, 07:18 PM
New elementary on the highway...

Remodeled High School with a new basketball gym...

txhsfball
04-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
New elementary on the highway...

Remodeled High School with a new basketball gym...
I think they will both be passed

dogdad
04-30-2007, 08:40 PM
our state legislature in their infinite wisdom, has regulated that bond elections be held on uniform dates.......that means everyone must hold their elections at the same time.......what that does is create a huge demand for contractors at one time and a limited supply of contractors at one time.......thereby creating higher prices......it also affects the bond market.....everyone is selling bonds at the same time (which is also a bad thing)......did any of these folks takes econ 101 where supply and demand are explained?

injuredinmelee
04-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
our state legislature in their infinite wisdom, has regulated that bond elections be held on uniform dates.......that means everyone must hold their elections at the same time.......what that does is create a huge demand for contractors at one time and a limited supply of contractors at one time.......thereby creating higher prices......it also affects the bond market.....everyone is selling bonds at the same time (which is also a bad thing)......did any of these folks takes econ 101 where supply and demand are explained?

if it makes sense you can be sure the legislature will screw it up.

JasperDog94
05-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by dogdad
our state legislature in their infinite wisdom, has regulated that bond elections be held on uniform dates.......that means everyone must hold their elections at the same time.......what that does is create a huge demand for contractors at one time and a limited supply of contractors at one time.......thereby creating higher prices......it also affects the bond market.....everyone is selling bonds at the same time (which is also a bad thing)......did any of these folks takes econ 101 where supply and demand are explained? I love this new rule. Now school districts can't have bond elections on the 3rd Sunday, after a full moon, right before the solar eclipse. This will get more people informed about the bond proposals.

Right now New Caney is trying for another bond for another high school. We're not even 5A yet.:mad: :mad: