PDA

View Full Version : Mac Or Windows??

Astrosdawg07
04-29-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm going to be buying a new notebook for college (UT Tyler), I was wondering what yalls take on which is better. Mac or Windows:confused:

HM33
04-29-2007, 04:59 PM
My suggestion is to get a Mac, but run windows :) Mac is a great PC and Windows is a lot better than that Linux crap :P

coach
04-29-2007, 05:51 PM
windows..mac whines too much

HM33
04-29-2007, 06:51 PM
My second choice would be a Sony Viao... great notebook
My third would be a Dell simply becuase you can make it however you want and for all your needs...

Keith7
04-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by HM33
My second choice would be a Sony Viao... great notebook
My third would be a Dell simply becuase you can make it however you want and for all your needs...

don't get a dell!! please.. my mom, and two of my friend have gotten one and none of them have lasted over a year..

ASUFrisbeeStud
04-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
don't get a dell!! please.. my mom, and two of my friend have gotten one and none of them have lasted over a year..

I've had a dell laptop that has taken a beating and has lasted about 5 years. Still going strong, it's cracked and beaten but keeps on working. I'm using it right now. I have a desktop too that I love from dell. I've had good luck.

ASUFrisbeeStud
04-29-2007, 07:37 PM
I do however really like the design, from a aesthetic point of view of the new macs. We use them in my Molecular Biology lab work to sequence stuff and they are pretty awesome.

un b weavable
04-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Mac = Gay :D

Rabbit'93
04-29-2007, 08:03 PM
IMO it depends on what you'll be using it for. Mac if your into graphic design, music, & the like.

jason
04-29-2007, 09:21 PM
for college, dont get a mac, they are too expensive, unless you are going to use it for graphics design, or things like that...if its just for myspace/facebook and the occasional research paper, get a dell, and get the extended/inclusive warranty....

or if you're a nerd, build your own machine, it will save you $600-$1000

Antec
04-29-2007, 09:58 PM
I Book G4 is the best

use it at work and great for trips

most have Airport cards great for internet connections in motels etc

Ranger Mom
04-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by jason

Speaking of....how is the machine you built holding up??:nerd:

STANG RED
04-29-2007, 11:03 PM
What ever you do, do NOT get the
"Vista Home Premium" operating system. It has a major glitch in it, and Microsoft has no fix for it yet. I got a new Toshiba laptop for work and love the machine, but it had Vista on it when I bought it, so I elected to keep it and learn how to run it. It does have some neat features to it, but after running it for about six weeks it crashed and burned. When I took it back to Best Buy, they said they had been getting at least one a day for the past two weeks with the same problem. The only fix was to replace the hard drive, and reload everything back on it. And worse yet, I had to pay for it. VISTA SUCKS big time. STAY AWAY FROM IT!!!

ASUFrisbeeStud
04-29-2007, 11:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7ReS_ur4Kc

This should help make up your mind.

jason
04-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
What ever you do, do NOT get the
"Vista Home Premium" operating system. It has a major glitch in it, and Microsoft has no fix for it yet. I got a new Toshiba laptop for work and love the machine, but it had Vista on it when I bought it, so I elected to keep it and learn how to run it. It does have some neat features to it, but after running it for about six weeks it crashed and burned. When I took it back to Best Buy, they said they had been getting at least one a day for the past two weeks with the same problem. The only fix was to replace the hard drive, and reload everything back on it. And worse yet, I had to pay for it. VISTA SUCKS big time. STAY AWAY FROM IT!!! what is the glitch?

jason
04-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Speaking of....how is the machine you built holding up??:nerd: mine is perfect...mom and dads is running fine...

Astrosdawg07
04-30-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by jason
for college, dont get a mac, they are too expensive, unless you are going to use it for graphics design, or things like that...if its just for myspace/facebook and the occasional research paper, get a dell, and get the extended/inclusive warranty....

Well I will be majoring in marketing...