PDA

View Full Version : Suprises and Disappointments

Matthew328
09-27-2001, 01:53 PM
I made this post on the pig..who are some teams that have surprised you..and which teams have disappointed?
My list of surprises was: White Oak, Bonham, Ballinger, Waco Connally and Wilmer-Hutchins
My disappointments were: Aledo, Brownsboro, Cleveland, Marlin and Gainesville
Any thoughts?

kaorder1999
09-27-2001, 02:17 PM
Well...I'm not really suprised about Wilmer-Hutchins...had the chance to see them in Round II lst season when Forney played them in Bedford...they were tough...talented...very fast....just made a few coaching mistakes it seemed.
If I'm not mistaken...Wilmer's head coach is a former assistant at Commerce High School...might want to double check that though.

I am dissappointed with Aledo and Gainsville. Havent really followed Marlin. Seasly has also been a pleasant suprise!

Matthew328
09-27-2001, 10:36 PM
You are right the coach at Hutch did used to be an asst. at Commerce..last year he was still getting his system in place...this year his system is in place..the kids have had a full off season and for the first time since Hutch won state in 4A in 1990 they are a disciplined bunch...look out for Hutch!

VWG
09-28-2001, 11:09 AM
Gainsville has the talent. I saw them play Graham this year and Graham blew them out in the 2nd half. They rely way too much on their passing attack. With the kids they have it seems a more balanced offense would help. If a team shuts down their passing, Gainsville is in for a long night.

Childress could be a sleeper. They are looking strong although they haven't played anyone of substance yet.

10bears
09-28-2001, 11:25 AM
I know they haven't played anyone but Bullard is 3-1, what has the new coach there done different? Also how good is Winnsboro? They've got the Bears of Gladewater this week.

eye of the tiger
09-28-2001, 01:45 PM
The new coach use to be an assistant at Texas A&n-Commerce(still East Texas State to me)I think he is trying for a more wide open offense. I watched Gainsville destroy FW Northside zero week and they didnt offer much resistance at all. Maybe a little big head beating a 4A school so badly. The potential seems to be there for Gainsville, but potential doesnt always relate to wins. Maybe they will recover