PDA

View Full Version : Astros drop 7th straight, call up Hunter Pence

Maroon87
04-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Astros fall to Brewers 4-1.

Hunter Pence is called up from Round Rock. Chris Burke will take on a utility role.

The Chosen One is here.

Panther One
04-27-2007, 11:39 PM
The Astros also need to get Lamb and Loretta in the lineup, considering they're the only ones batting over .300. Put Loretta at third, Lamb at first, and Berkman in right. The way Berkman is hitting right now, I don't think he could object to Garner using any means necessary to create some offense.

But really, how does an entire damn team slump all at once. I've never seen anything like it.

My lineup:

Biggio 4
Loretta 5
Berkman 9
Lee 7
Lamb 3
Pence 8
Everett 6
Ausmus 2

j_dog
04-28-2007, 12:31 AM
Why did they not keep Pence up there to start with?? :mad:

Panther One
04-28-2007, 06:49 AM
Because Double-A was the highest level he had played at. He needed some time in Triple-A. More time would have been nice. That would have meant the guys at the big league level were getting it done.

carter08
04-28-2007, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
The Astros also need to get Lamb and Loretta in the lineup, considering they're the only ones batting over .300. Put Loretta at third, Lamb at first, and Berkman in right. The way Berkman is hitting right now, I don't think he could object to Garner using any means necessary to create some offense.

But really, how does an entire damn team slump all at once. I've never seen anything like it.

My lineup:

Biggio 4
Loretta 5
Berkman 9
Lee 7
Lamb 3
Pence 8
Everett 6
Ausmus 2

I like that lineup, but I'm not quite ready to give up on Ensberg, and Scott needs to be starting. He will get it going soon.

Ausmus is a great defensive catcher, but the Astros need offense. It may be time for Quintero to start

Bull19
04-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by carter08

Ausmus is a great defensive catcher, but the Astros need offense. It may be time for Quintero to start

NEVER, AUSMUS CALLS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES IN ALL OF BASEBALL, YOU CANT AFFORD TO REPLACE HIM WITH QUINTERO WHO ISNT THAT MUCH OF A BETTER HITTER, AND IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING ABLE TO CALLING A GAME LIKE BRAD DOES.

whtfbplaya
04-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I like that lineup, but I'm not quite ready to give up on Ensberg, and Scott needs to be starting. He will get it going soon.

As of last night he had the highest BA of all the starters.:hand:

sinton66
04-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Pence is a quality player. Hope he's able to help them.

Panther One
04-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Tonight's lineup...

Biggio 2B
Loretta 3B
Berkman 1B
Lee LF
Scott RF
Pence CF
Everett SS
Ausmus C
Sampson P

Looks Garner and I are having similar thoughts. :D

Burke, Ensberg, Scott...You can argue that all those guys will eventually get it going with a little more time. The problem is that you don't have time. If guys like Berkman and Lee were doing their jobs and picking up the slack, maybe Garner could be a little more patient with the others. But with everyone struggling, you have to try something. Give Pence a shot and go with the hot bats.

Maroon87
04-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Tonight's lineup...

Biggio 2B
Loretta 3B
Berkman 1B
Lee LF
Scott RF
Pence CF
Everett SS
Ausmus C
Sampson P

10 runs. It worked out pretty well I think...and Sampson pitched a great game. :cool:

Panther One
04-29-2007, 09:06 PM
And now today Ensberg is back in the lineup to post another 0-fer. Lamb, on the other hand, hits a pinch hit homerun. I still like my lineup with Lamb and Loretta both out there. If you're offense is struggling, why not play the guys hitting?