PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Softball

CHS_CG
04-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Rita just txt me and said

Sinton vs lyford game 1 friday night @ 7:30 in Sinton and Game 2 saturday @ 1pm in Lyford!

CHS_CG
04-27-2007, 01:25 PM
and Trent Hessletine won the High Jump and is heading to state.. congrats to Trent!:clap:

44INAROW
04-27-2007, 01:33 PM
:clap: :clap: good luck @ State Trent

Ray_BearKat
04-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Rita just txt me and said

Sinton vs lyford game 1 friday night @ 7:30 in Sinton and Game 2 saturday @ 1pm in Lyford!

So I take it some of you Sinton folk are headed south on Sat...:D

SintonFan_inAustin
04-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
So I take it some of you Sinton folk are headed south on Sat...:D Depends if the baseball team plays for the #1 seed on Saturday. But Friday seems like a yes.....Friday is today? That was short notice of when the lady pirates were playing:mad:

OnceABucJr
04-27-2007, 04:15 PM
I think they play NEXT Fri/Sat (May 4/5)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil C
04-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Hey Ray can you tell us anything about Lyford?

pirate4state
04-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
I think they play NEXT Fri/Sat (May 4/5)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is correct

Thanks Talena for posting that!!! :)

piratebg
04-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
and Trent Hessletine won the High Jump and is heading to state.. congrats to Trent!:clap:

Now that is awesome!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
04-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
I think they play NEXT Fri/Sat (May 4/5)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thks

Ray_BearKat
04-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey Ray can you tell us anything about Lyford?

they are a very good squad...they are the only district team to have beaten Raymondville in the last 6 years. Here's an article of when they beat us back in March

Originally posted by ozzy:
Lady Bulldogs dominate Willacy County shootout

By ARMANDO GARZA
armandog@valleystar.com 956-430-6255

LYFORD

— Any way you figure it, the conclusion would be the same: Tuesday night was undoubtedly Lyford’s night.
The Lady Bulldogs erased an early two-run deficit with a nine-run third inning to storm past Raymondville 12-2 in six innings at Lady Bulldog Field.
Lyford (4-0 in District 31-3A) now has sole possession of first place as the first round of league play concluded. The Lady Bulldogs are now 15-4 on the year. Raymondville fell to 3-1 and 15-5.
“We’ve been practicing staying calm under pressure,” Lyford head coach Andy Peña said. “Our pitching and hitting came through and they didn’t panic.”
“They’ve been getting after it, and hard work pays off.”
There were plenty of moments to choose from to validate that the home team was “getting after it.”
But the Lady Kats, ranked third by the Valley Morning Star going in, struck in their first at-bat.
After Deborah Barnhart got to second on an error, Monica Torres’ RBI single scored Barnhart for a 1-0 lead. Torres was later plated by Jessica Munguia’s double for a 2-0 lead.
But that was the brunt of the Raymondville offense and Lyford starter Petie Guerra settled down and never looked back.
“I just thank God for the win,” Guerra said. “I tried to stay calm for all of us, as to not make everybody nervous. It’s a pretty big win.”
Lyford, ranked eighth, fought back with a big blow in the third stanza, one that seemed as if it would never end for Raymondville starter Darlene Hernandez and the usually sure-handed Lady Kats.
Sonya Lerma led off with a single, and Lexi Lopez walked to put two on with nobody out. Lerma then scored on an error in right field. Marissa Chavez singled to load the bases with one down, and Lopez scored on a wild pitch to tie the game at 2.
Then Lyford turned on the after burners.
Anyssa Romo and Chavez scored on a throwing error to make it 4-2. On that play, Maria Lopez made it all the way to third. Lopez then scored on a passed ball to make it 5-2 and courtesy runner Marlina Rivera scored on an an error for a 6-2 Lady Bulldog lead.
With the bases juiced again, Romo then slammed a bases-clearing triple to make it 9-2 and the rout was on. In all, Raymondville committed eight miscues in the third inning alone.
“That’s not normal for us,” Raymondville coach Pedro Soria said. “Not to take anything away from Lyford, because they played a great game, but we made way too many errors.”
Up 9-2 in the sixth, the fireworks weren’t over just yet. Not if Lyford catcher Amaris Hernandez had anything to say about it.
Hernandez took a 1-1 offering from Raymondville reliever April Huerta and crushed it over the left field fence to give Lyford a 10-2 lead.
“The freshmen got thing started for us,” Hernandez said. “I’m just lucky I’m getting a chance to play with these girls.”
Chavez singled and scored on an error, and Diznee Orozco scored Petie Guerra to end it