PDA

View Full Version : UT gets Aggie Recruit for No. 19

Phil C
04-27-2007, 10:11 AM
It is Dravannti Johnson who is a linebacker/defensive end from Nederland. He had originally committed to A&M verbally but changed his mind.

Personally I get no pleasure out of this. We did need a linebacker and I hope he does well but when one makes a committment I believe he should honor it. A&M offered him one early and he took it. We have had some change their minds too so I don't take any pleasure when it goes the other way.

Funk-d-fied
04-27-2007, 10:26 AM
That kid is all over the place, he committed to both already, his dad played at Tech and wants him to go there. He is a stud but it's early...

Emerson1
04-27-2007, 04:34 PM
A&M is De-commit U right now.

Old Dog
04-27-2007, 05:15 PM
This is the down side of all the "early committments" crap. Kids see all the "good" spots being taken and lose site of what they really want. Some of the kids are only sixteen when they feel forced to make a decision.

Recruiting is a slimey business and the kids are the only ones that really get hurt. On the opposite end of the spectrum are the really hot shots that toy with the universities milking their moment in the sun for all it's worth.

Of course I have no answer, but sure don't approve of the present system either. As an Ag fan, I'm disappointed, but you really don't want a kid there that is not 100% committed.