PDA

View Full Version : Baseball question

tree8400
04-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Last night there was a kid on second and 3rd the ball was hit to left field and on diving catch the player through the ball too second to see if the person base runner tagged up the 2nd base umpire called him out but the 3rd base ump over rulled him and called him safe tell me who's call was it to make the 3rd base could not possiblly see the catch and both runners????

Funk-d-fied
04-27-2007, 08:36 AM
I would say the 2nd base ump but they should have talked about it first, you made it seem like as soon as the 2nd base ump called out the homeplate ump yelled out!

crzyjournalist03
04-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by tree8400
Last night there was a kid on second and 3rd the ball was hit to left field and on diving catch the player through the ball too second to see if the person base runner tagged up the 2nd base umpire called him out but the 3rd base ump over rulled him and called him safe tell me who's call was it to make the 3rd base could not possiblly see the catch and both runners????

How many umpires were there? They have to come to some sort of agreement. You can't have two calls on the same play. I'm assuming that the second base umpire submitted to the third because he trusted the judgement.