PDA

View Full Version : mom has high hopes for snoop dog (lol)

bhtrainer
04-27-2007, 08:11 AM
April 26, 2007, 4:18PM
Mom has high hopes for Snoop Dogg
Beverly Broadus Green predicts son will preach

Snoop Dogg's extensive criminal background got him banned from Australia this week, but his evangelist mother has faith the rapper will turn his life around and begin to follow Christ.

"I know one day God is going to change my son, and he will be a preacher," Beverly Broadus Green said. "He will preach God's word."

In Houston last week supporting the work of a local faith-based shelter, Broadus Green said she has a good relationship with Snoop Dogg, whose real name is Cordozar Calvin Broadus Jr.

She doesn't attend his concerts, but the two e-mail, text and phone, she said.

"We are on different sides right now because he is in the secular world doing his thing and I am in the world doing what God wants me to do," she said. "But the time comes when he calls me and says, 'Mom, I need you to pray for me.' And I pray right then and there."

Along with success, Snoop Dogg's career has been marked by run-ins with the law, including a conviction for cocaine possession in 1990. This month, he was sentenced to five years' probation and 800 hours of community service after pleading no contest to felony gun and drug charges in California.

Australia is the second country to deny Snoop Dogg a visa.

"He doesn't seem the sort of bloke we want in this country," Australian Immigration Minister Kevin Andrews told Sydney's Macquarie Radio.

Broadus Green said she raised Snoop Dogg and his three brothers in church and demonstrated God in their home. Snoop, as she calls him, went to Sunday school and Bible study and sang in the choir.

"I know what was taught to them is embedded in their hearts, and I know that one day God is going to turn that situation around and bring him back to where he needs to be at, and that is serving a true and living God."

Broadus Green said her son "is not as bad as he used to be."

"He is slowly changing, and so that is God putting him in the position for what he has for him, and that is as a preacher," she said. "It has already been prophesied that I'll have my church and that my son will be right there with me."

injuredinmelee
04-27-2007, 08:23 AM
God cant change his heart. He has to make the committment to God and himself to change his own heart. I guess the devil has made him such a piece of crap?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
God cant change his heart. He has to make the committment to God and himself to change his own heart. I guess the devil has made him such a piece of crap?

Or the temptation and greed the drives the ideals of the Republican party and their supporters. :devil:

Yes, that was a joke.

eagles_victory
04-27-2007, 11:03 AM
they want to talk run ins with the law but they dont mention how he had a warrant out for his arrest on murder charges

big daddy russ
04-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Moses was a murderer and Paul (Saul) was genocidal against Christians. Paul turned out to be the greatest evangelist the world had ever seen and Moses was the guy who who stood up to the most powerful man in the world on behalf of the Big Guy.

In the Bible, those are the kind of guys that God tends to favor to do his work. Why, you ask?

If I had to guess, I'd say just to prove he can.

District303aPastPlayer
04-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
they want to talk run ins with the law but they dont mention how he had a warrant out for his arrest on murder charges

because, hey guess what, he was acquitted of murder charges that were bogus to begin with... he didnt have a gun on him and someone in his entourage shot at someone and he gets arrested for murder? hmmm, hip hop police at it again huh...

eagles_victory
04-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Moses was a murderer and Paul (Saul) was genocidal against Christians. Paul turned out to be the greatest evangelist the world had ever seen and Moses was the guy who who stood up to the most powerful man in the world on behalf of the Big Guy.

In the Bible, those are the kind of guys that God tends to favor to do his work. Why, you ask?

If I had to guess, I'd say just to prove he can. im not saying he cant be a preacher because he committed murder bc i know he still can be. I was just simply stating that they talk about his run ins with the law and dont even mention his main one

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-27-2007, 11:19 AM

I thought you weren't a religious man?

eagles_victory
04-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
because, hey guess what, he was acquitted of murder charges that were bogus to begin with... he didnt have a gun on him and someone in his entourage shot at someone and he gets arrested for murder? hmmm, hip hop police at it again huh... snoop doggs attorney is on 3adownlow :clap:

vet93
04-27-2007, 11:28 AM
Well said BDR...Those are two examples where God indeed changed the heart of man....not to get into a debate about "the free will of man" versus the sovereignty of God.

big daddy russ
04-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I thought you weren't a religious man?
I'm not, but that doesn't mean I don't know my Sunday School stories.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-27-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm not, but that doesn't mean I don't know my Sunday School stories.

You remind me a lot of my oldest brother. Seriously, it's scary.

big daddy russ
04-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
im not saying he cant be a preacher because he committed murder bc i know he still can be. I was just simply stating that they talk about his run ins with the law and dont even mention his main one
You're right about that. He has a long ways to go, but I've seen crazier things happen. Hell, I'm about to get married.

big daddy russ
04-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You remind me a lot of my oldest brother. Seriously, it's scary.
Must be a good-looking guy.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Must be a good-looking guy.

He has dimples, shares a lot of the same ideals on religion, and is a pretty sharp guy.

TheDOCTORdre
04-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Dr. Dre believes snoop can turn his life around:D