PDA

View Full Version : First debate 2008

shankbear
04-26-2007, 07:39 PM
The first debate of the 08 election was held tonight. We are in desperate need of a third party. The field of republicans is as weak and smarmy as the democrats. This is a year for a virtual unknown to come in and win the hearts and minds.

carter08
04-26-2007, 07:40 PM
We need a 3rd party
But people won't vote for it

Ralph Nader 08

shankbear
04-26-2007, 07:41 PM
Nader would fit in just right with the crew on stage tonight.

JR2004
04-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Let it be an unknown independent. This country could use someone who can think for themselves and not have some idiotic party telling them what to think!

Keith7
04-26-2007, 07:53 PM
this debate is actually pretty big because whoever wins the democratic primary will prolly win the presidency

shankbear
04-26-2007, 08:01 PM
That was an interesting bunch on stage. They didn't swing a blow at each other as in most debates. They were all amateur debaters I suppose. I guess the repubs will be master...........oh let's not go there.

Keith7
04-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
That was an interesting bunch on stage. They didn't swing a blow at each other as in most debates. They were all amateur debaters I suppose. I guess the repubs will be master...........oh let's not go there.

cnn was saying before the debate that they ussually don't attack eachother's policies in the first debate because they don't want people to get the wrong first impression..

Obama has already said he won't take part in any attack ads or attack politics, I respect this because it will help people understand eachother's policies better and allow them to choose based on that, rather than someone from the other party or other stance in this case

shankbear
04-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Keith...that crap, nice guy stuff will never last. They are calculating and cutthroat politicians FIRST and foremost. We will see.

Keith7
04-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
Keith...that crap, nice guy stuff will never last. They are calculating and cutthroat politicians FIRST and foremost. We will see.

ya we will see... Maybe they are waiting for someone to take the first blow, but like cnn said this is the first debate and you rarely see many shots taken at one another during the first debate

SintonFan
04-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
ya we will see... Maybe they are waiting for someone to take the first blow, but like cnn said this is the first debate and you rarely see many shots taken at one another during the first debate
"CNN said"...
lol
there goes the country.:D