County: Surry
Local Map: available
Disposition: Alleged
Case Images: 1 files available

Michael Dwayne Vick

Case ID: 11312

Classification: Fighting, Neglect / Abandonment

Animal: dog (pit-bull)

A search warrant has been issued for a property in Surry County owned by NFL Atlanta Falcons star quarterback Michael Vick.

The search warrant was granted by the Surry County Circuit Court. A state task force went to the property searching for a person that they believed may be on the property, but the person was not Vick. Investigators would not reveal the name of the person they were searching for.

While investigators were at the property, they discovered three buildings behind the home that housed several barking dogs.

"When they had a chance to go to the site, they discovered animal neglect," Surry County Administrator Tyrone Franklin.

Franklin said that the dogs appeared to be hungry and forgotten.

Both state and county investigators were searching the property Wednesday afternoon. Several animal control trucks were also on the scene and dog barking was audible.

No further information about the warrant has been released at this time. More information will be available after the investigation is complete.

Early reports indicate that Vick was allegedly running a dog-fighting and cockfighting operation from the back of the home. The Virginia Animal Fighting Taskforce was on the scene. Authorities report that Vick had been under investigation for several years for illegal animal fighting.

44INAROW
04-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Animal cruely is horrible........ whoever is responsible should be chained to a wall with no water or shelter.........

mustang59
04-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Animal cruely is horrible........ whoever is responsible should be chained to a wall with no water or shelter.........
Absolutely. I can't imagine leaving an animal to suffer like that.

pirate4state
04-26-2007, 11:49 AM
:foul: :foul: "dog fighting/cockfighting" I don't know what kind of amusement peole get out of this kind of stuff....just burns me up!!! :flaming: :flaming: :dispntd:

Fotbol
04-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Dog fighting and Cock Fighting has went on 4 years, I don't endorse it, but we have a high profile Athelete here, so things will be under a microscope, but come on people a lot of you have been to Dogs, and Cock fighting events. IT IS WHAT IT IS.

mustang04
04-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Dog fighting and Cock Fighting has went on 4 years, I don't endorse it, but we have a high profile Athelete here, so things will be under a microscope, but come on people a lot of you have been to Dogs, and Cock fighting events. IT IS WHAT IT IS.

dog and cock fights are way two different things

i have now lost all respect for michael vick....while i try and to defend pitbulls as good family dogs, @$$e$ like him make them fight and give them a bad name....i'm pretty pissed right now:mad: :mad:

smustangs
04-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
dog and cock fights are way two different things

i have now lost all respect for michael vick....while i try and to defend pitbulls as good family dogs, @$$e$ like him make them fight and give them a bad name....i'm pretty pissed right now:mad: :mad:

reg i have been around your pits and they are great dogs if i had a yard i would have one too but im in an apt and cant have one here

Gobbla2001
04-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
reg i have been around your pits and they are great dogs if i had a yard i would have one too but im in an apt and cant have one here

just keep it out by your car...

BuffyMars
04-26-2007, 12:23 PM
That is it! I have had enough of this punk! :mad:

LOCK HIM UP!!!!!!!!!!! :foul:

Gobbla2001
04-26-2007, 12:25 PM
take him out so the sports media doesn't have anyone to compare Vince Young to anymore...

VY needs to ride this wave of anti-Vickness by opening up a pet-grooming business...

"I'll groom ya pets up like I did USC's D in da Rose Bowl baaaby"