PDA

View Full Version : Vernon??

Gsquared
04-26-2007, 09:27 AM
What do they have returning?

Black_Magic
04-26-2007, 09:51 AM
the were Sr heavy last year . they will be good for sure but not as good as last year IMO. Dont know how thier JV was.

RMAC
04-26-2007, 11:54 AM
I'd tell you to ask Z but I'm guessing he's been pretty busy since the end of football season b/c he's never on here anymore.

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Like Black_Magic said the Lions were senior heavy last year. The good news is that they do have some key pieces back. They have a good run or pass QB back as well as several linemen. I would like to see more option out of the Lions this year. New crop of running backs several of which saw some action last year. VernonLions#1's son will be a varsity starter next year so he should have a lot more info than I do. Always a tough district.

Yes RMAC I have been very busy at work. Just finished my first textbook and working on my second! I have to take advantage of the off season!

Spaceman_Spiff
04-26-2007, 01:34 PM
It has been a long time since you've posted Z, glad you are still around. How is M doing at HSU?

VWG
04-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Craig Whiteside and Damien Miller (SP?) should be two of Vernon's key players. Miller was a QB his freshman year, but it will be hard to replace some of the kids that were in their senior group.
Burk could be a playoff team out of that district next year, they had a very good JV squad.
Graham should win that district. They return the house, all their O-line, QB, Dist. defensive MVP linebacker, etc....

KTA
04-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Graham's bringing back 9 on offense and 6 or 7 on defense. If they dont start off in the top 20 something is wrong.

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Spaceman_Spiff
It has been a long time since you've posted Z, glad you are still around. How is M doing at HSU?

We need to catch up! PM me as to where you are hanging your hat.

Matt played in 8 games last year mostly on special teams. The Cowboys graduated two safety's so he has his chance to start this year.

Spaceman_Spiff
04-27-2007, 07:47 AM
KTA...this IS the class that the new coach said would win state when they were Seniors...if they followed his plan. Go Steers.

hawkfan
04-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Anybody know how IP is going to be?

VWG
04-27-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by hawkfan
Anybody know how IP is going to be?

IP has some good players returning, Dusty Ross, Jared Lytle should contribute. The Hawks are going to have to battle again for a playoff spot as Graham, Vernon, Burk, and with WF Hirschi on the comeback it will be a tough district.
The Hawks only averaged 29.9 yards of passing per game last year. I know Ellis likes to pound it on the ground, but they have got to find a way to open their offense up just a little. TE drag play, screen pass to a RB, something to keep the defense from stacking the line against the Wing T.