PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood softball!

Funk-d-fied
04-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Class 3A bi-district playoff

Greenwood vs. Lubbock Cooper

When/Where: Game 1: 7:30 p.m. today, Snyder HS; Game 2: 1 p.m. Friday, Snyder HS; Game 3 (if necessary): 3 p.m., Friday, Snyder HS

Records: Greenwood 14-10; Lubbock Cooper 12-14

Last game: Andrews 8, Greenwood 0

Notes & Quotes: Greenwood makes a return trip to the playoffs after losing in the Class 3A bi-district round last year. It lost a heartbreaker, 2-1, in nine innings to Abilene Wylie. In 2005, the Rangerettes advanced to the regional quarterfinals and lost, 5-1, to Canyon. ... Lubbock Cooper lost in the 3A area round each of the past two seasons. Last year, it lost to Monahans in two games, and in 2005, it lost to Snyder in two games. ... Cooper is the runner-up in District 4-3A. Greenwood is the third seed in District 3-3A. ... Greenwood has known for a while it would be in the postseason and has been working toward it at the end of the regular season. "I think we've been better as the year went on," coach Ken Ferguson said. "We've been improving. We only had three strikeouts against (District 3-3A champion) Andrews (in our last game)." ... Ferguson said the Rangerettes have been hitting the ball very hard recently but have just been hitting it right at fielders. "That's the main thing is hit the ball hard and score some runs," he said. "We expect it to be a battle." ... Bromwyn Hayes and senior catcher Stephanie Ledbetter have led the Rangerette offense, batting close to .350 each, according to Ferguson. ... Sophomore pitcher Amber Garduņo (12-9) will take the rubber for Greenwood.

Snyder_TigerFan
04-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
... Sophomore pitcher Amber Garduņo (12-9) will take the rubber for Greenwood.

:thinking: Never heard it put like that. I guess since it's softball, they don't have a mound.;)

Ranger Mom
04-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
:thinking: Never heard it put like that. I guess since it's softball, they don't have a mound.;)

LOL!! I need to get out more, I have never even heard of that girl!!

I am SOO out of the loop now!

Funk-d-fied
04-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Take out the Ranger in your name, u have been banished....

Ranger Mom
04-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Take out the Ranger in your name, u have been banished....

It's hard to keep up with all the up and coming kids when you no longer have anyone in that school!

Funk-d-fied
04-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Then you are the "Ranger NoMoreKidsInSchool Mom, get it fixed...

Ranger Mom
04-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Then you are the "Ranger NoMoreKidsInSchool Mom, get it fixed...

You sure have gotten bossy lately!!

Ranger Mom I will stay!!

Funk-d-fied
04-26-2007, 11:42 AM
retract those claws!

pirate4state
04-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Class 3A bi-district playoff

Greenwood vs. Lubbock Cooper

When/Where: Game 1: 7:30 p.m. today, Snyder HS; Game 2: 1 p.m. Friday, Snyder HS; Game 3 (if necessary): 3 p.m., Friday, Snyder HS

Records: Greenwood 14-10; Lubbock Cooper 12-14

:thinking: 1pm FRIDAY???? Is there no school on Friday???