PDA

View Full Version : Hippo Stadium looks like a warzone....

HippoBaseball05
04-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Starting yesterday, the bulldozers got to work and have thoroughly shredded the old football field.

Goalposts are gone, track is being ripped up, the old drainage system is no more, and it is a beautiful sight.

Hopefully I can get weekly pictures to post here to keep y'all apprised of the progress.

We can't wait to get to play on the new turf they are installing for this next season...

ILS1
04-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Cool. I need to drive by there when I get some time and check it out!!! I might take pics as well. But please do post pics when you can!!! Thanks. BTW, do you have any idea what it's gonna say in each end zone. I heard it was just gonna say 'Hutto' on both ends!!!! YAWN!!!! They need to come with something different if that's true.

:D :D :eek: :eek:

BILLYFRED0000
04-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05
Starting yesterday, the bulldozers got to work and have thoroughly shredded the old football field.

Goalposts are gone, track is being ripped up, the old drainage system is no more, and it is a beautiful sight.

Hopefully I can get weekly pictures to post here to keep y'all apprised of the progress.

We can't wait to get to play on the new turf they are installing for this next season...

It is cool to get that new field. I still have the before after pics for
Bobcat Stadium. We do love that new field. And nice thing about the artificial is that it looks great all the time. I drive by it everyday going to work and back. Heck, it's just two blocks from my house. Looks great. Congrats Hippos on gettin a new one.
Show us the pics when you get them.

hutex04
04-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Didnt know they were changing the field, are we adding more seats as well?

thatsminty
04-25-2007, 09:52 PM
yeah my sister told me about it today
my only response was, "I hate that town"

sad...
but true

HippoBaseball05
04-25-2007, 10:03 PM
I believe they are adding a couple of more sections of seating as well on each side.

The new field house/weight training facility is scheduled for the 2008-09 season and will be located in the North end of the stadium.

thatsminty
04-25-2007, 10:04 PM
it's great that the community is growing but what is old hutto is no more though

HippoBaseball05
04-25-2007, 10:18 PM
You don't have to tell me....

My Grandparents were class of '44

My Mother and Aunt were class of '66

My son will be class of '08.

Before I moved to Austin when I went to school here, ('77-'80), the population was 650.

I remember endless days of living in the old gym shooting hoops constantly.

:(

hutex04
04-25-2007, 10:28 PM
when i first started school there in 6th grade, it was middle school and highschool all in the same school. Amazing how much it has grown. I remember laughing while i passed hutto when i was younger cause it was sooo small. Now its Round Rock East

thatsminty
04-25-2007, 10:36 PM

i know exactly what you mean
we moved there in 1988

I remember when 79 was only a two lane highway
wth @ all this

I hate it now
but alas i hated it then for being so small

hutex04
04-26-2007, 12:21 AM
i like the small town feel. My dream would be to live in a small town between austin and corpus. Coach football there and or have a grocery store in a small town.

DU_stud04
04-26-2007, 12:32 AM
enjoy next season and getting covered in those rubber pellets. after the first few weeks you get use to them;)

tree8400
04-26-2007, 07:43 AM
I remember playing Hutto my sophmore thru senior year 97-2000. They where horrible in 2a had some players just could not put anything together in football that is. I remember playing baseketball in their old gym if you ran on the outside of the court you almost touched the fans. Also the old baseball field we loved to play their because it seemed anything you hit went out small fences. AHHH THE old days.

HippoBaseball05
04-26-2007, 02:01 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u51/HuttoHardball/April26.jpg

As of 1:00 this afternoon, the grass is totally gone and the track surface has been stripped.

thatsminty
04-26-2007, 03:19 PM
great things happened there :(

but still the 2005 hippos ill hold over any other class who people say or even if they seem to have "potential"

f that nonsense.

HippoBaseball05
08-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Tonight the crews were actually starting to glue the turf pieces together...

I can't believe after all of the delays due to weather that it is going to actually happen. After the field is assembled, then they can start the cutouts. The patching of the 'H' logo at the 50, the names in the endzones, and the hashmarks etc...

I like the Oregon University look it has with the alternating greens every five yards...

thatsminty
08-15-2007, 10:50 PM
yep.

KingRob
08-16-2007, 07:08 AM
Why did they wait until the 11th hour to start doing this? Shouldn't they have started after the last home game? Just curious.

LH Panther Mom
08-16-2007, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by KingRob
Why did they wait until the 11th hour to start doing this? Shouldn't they have started after the last home game? Just curious.
I don't know about this past spring, but Hutto usually has a track meet or two. Of course, if they had started after the last home game, it might've been finished by track. Could also have been budget approvals.....I'm just throwing stuff out there, since we're not the only ones with stadium "issues". :rolleyes: :p

Chopblock
08-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Weather played the biggest part in the delay
Hellas is currently finishing our field this week in Canadian

Old Tiger
08-16-2007, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I don't know about this past spring, but Hutto usually has a track meet or two. Of course, if they had started after the last home game, it might've been finished by track. Could also have been budget approvals.....I'm just throwing stuff out there, since we're not the only ones with stadium "issues". :rolleyes: :p Wasn't Hutto the host of the district track meet?

LH Panther Mom
08-16-2007, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Wasn't Hutto the host of the district track meet?
No we were.....ooooh, I'll add that to my list of excuses why we have issues. :eek: :eek: ;)

HippoBaseball05
08-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Like I had said earlier, the weather was the reason for the delays.

I coached a summer baseball team in Round Rock and due to the constant rains played only three games in four weeks. It never seemed to dry up enough to be able for the guys to be able to work.

It was scheduled to be completely finished by August first. Now we have a huge mess behind our scoreboard where the new fieldhouse construction has been started.

It is scheduled to be finished by the first week of January 2008.

LH Panther Mom
08-16-2007, 08:19 AM
Like I had said earlier, the weather was the reason for the delays.
:doh: Yeah, and there's that....thanks for the reminder. (I'm still adding the district track meet to my list. ;) )

HippoBaseball05
08-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Don't forget to add the excuse of 'Well, we had to make sure and hang our state championship sign first' to the list of delays....

:D

LH Panther Mom
08-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Don't forget to add the excuse of 'Well, we had to make sure and hang our state championship sign first' to the list of delays....

Well, I would, but they were up a LONG time ago. :D

burnet44
08-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Rain will probably get to Hutto
Expect more delays lol

Old Tiger
08-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
Rain will probably get to Hutto
Expect more delays lol I hope so because I have a bet with someone that it won't be ready by the first game.

At stake is a quarter pounder with cheese :D

HippoBaseball05
08-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Last night me and a few of the guys went to the field and watched the workers start putting the pieces together with the adhesive. The actual field is down.

Now the only thing left to complete is the the cut-outs.

The track is a totally different story. It won't be ready until around week 3 assuming the weather co-operates.

HippoBaseball05
08-23-2007, 11:41 PM
http://publish.hometown.aol.com/cscaggie/myhomepage/north%20endzone.jpg

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/cscaggie/myhomepage/midfield.jpg

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/cscaggie/myhomepage/south%20endzone.jpg

Bull19
08-23-2007, 11:48 PM
multi turf looks good

LH Panther Mom
08-23-2007, 11:53 PM
*sigh*

Looks good!

ILS1
08-24-2007, 01:41 AM
I took pics as well on Saturday. Couldn't post because the site was down. Looks like those pics are more up to date then mine!!! Looks like they got alot more done since Saturday.

BTW, if anyone is interested about the type of turf it is:

Real Grass Solo

Same kind of turf used at the Alamodome and Texas Stadium from what I understand.

ILS1
08-24-2007, 02:11 AM
Here's the Real Grass website:

Real Grass Turf (www.realgrass.com/)

P.S. The turf does look good @ Hutto. I just wish they would've gotten a little more creative with 50 yard line decal. It looks too plain. JMO!!!!

HippoBaseball05
08-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Sans goalposts the boys got to practice on the field for the first time this morning.

Last night the fine tuning was completed on the N.A.S.A. style technology suveillance camera system that surrounds the stadium and the infared system for the inside to prevent vandalism to the turf...

ILS1
08-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Last night the fine tuning was completed on the N.A.S.A. style technology suveillance camera system that surrounds the stadium and the infared system for the inside to prevent vandalism to the turf...

LOL!!! I guess after being vandalized twice in about 4 years, it was due time!!!

:D :D

thatsminty
08-25-2007, 11:07 PM
so many great memories left on that field.

HippoBaseball05
08-26-2007, 07:50 AM
I guess the cost of the field now warrants a state-of-the-art security system to prevent people from vandalizing it this time.

thatsminty
08-26-2007, 12:35 PM
I guess the cost of the field now warrants a state-of-the-art security system to prevent people from vandalizing it this time.

I knew the kids who vandalized it last time. LOLZ @ THEM