PDA

View Full Version : Softball playoffs

eagles_victory
04-25-2007, 12:27 PM
Dont they start this weekend and the UIL website still doesnt have the bracket up last time I checked are there any good first round games

3afan
04-25-2007, 12:37 PM
the brackets are up ....
http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/brackets/softball/index.html

Ray_BearKat
04-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Sinton will most likely be playing Lyford in round 2...they are a quality squad. Not sure if they'll challenge yall but they can play.

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Dont they start this weekend and the UIL website still doesnt have the bracket up last time I checked are there any good first round games

Look HERE (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63709)

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
Sinton will most likely be playing Lyford in round 2...they are a quality squad. Not sure if they'll challenge yall but they can play. Looking forward to it! I think Lyford & Hidalgo are playing a one game, winner take all, on Thursday.

txhsfball
04-25-2007, 01:33 PM
looks like a possible Rockdale-Fairfield match up in round 2..

Ray_BearKat
04-25-2007, 01:34 PM
unless some major upset happens lyford will take that matchup...any word on gonzales or aransas pass?

eagles_victory
04-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by txhsfball
looks like a possible Rockdale-Fairfield match up in round 2.. yea were gonna take yall out this year :thinking:

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 02:06 PM
unless some major upset happens lyford will take that matchup...any word on gonzales or aransas pass? Aransas Pass is a scrappy bunch. They have a good mixture of youth & experience. I don't know anything about Gonzales, but I would like to see Aransas Pass advance!! :)

txhsfball
04-25-2007, 02:57 PM
yea were gonna take yall out this year :thinking:
ha

Phil C
04-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Looking forward to it! I think Lyford & Hidalgo are playing a one game, winner take all, on Thursday.

Will they be scouted?

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Will they be scouted? No clue.

eagles_victory
04-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by txhsfball
ha is rockdale planning on going a little farther in the playoffs before choking out this year lol jk

Ray_BearKat
04-25-2007, 04:54 PM
Will they be scouted?

Lyford shouldn't be overlooked they have been the only district team to beat Raymondville in the last 5-6 years. They beat us once this year and once last year...

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 04:56 PM
Lyford shouldn't be overlooked they have been the only district team to beat Raymondville in the last 5-6 years. They beat us once this year and once last year... No one is overlooking them, but maybe they shouldn't overlook Hidalgo. ;)

Ray_BearKat
04-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
No one is overlooking them, but maybe they shouldn't overlook Hidalgo. ;)

or maybe they shouldn't overlook Sinton...:nerd: :thinking:

if i remember correctly Lyford has beaten Hidalgo already in the season by a lot...but you never know.

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 05:04 PM
or maybe they shouldn't overlook Sinton...:nerd: :thinking:

if i remember correctly Lyford has beaten Hidalgo already in the season by a lot...but you never know.

ah well...we'll see

SintonFan_inAustin
04-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Will they be scouted? i'm sure the coaches will go to that game and get first hand look at their next opponent.

3ABirdMan
04-25-2007, 06:27 PM
Try finding the brackets this way:

- Go to the UIL Web site (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/index.html)
- On the left hand side, click "ATHLETICS"
- Mouse over "SPRING SPORTS" on the left, Slide down to "SOFTBALL", and click
- VERY IMPORTANT - In the top right, click on "PLAYOFF BRACKETS" - This link works. If you click on "3A Softball" under "BRACKETS", they are not filled in. The ones in the top right ARE filled in - 2 different links.......:doh: