PDA

View Full Version : Aggies Joseph Jones to enter NBA draft

venomous tat2
04-25-2007, 11:34 AM
A&M standout Joseph Jones said Tuesday he has entered his
name in the NBA draft but could return for his senior season because he has not hired an agent.

The draft is June 28th in New York City and Jones Must withdraw
June 18th to maintain his eligibility .

I wish he would stay 1 more year so his stock would be higher
but good luck to Jones he is a great kid and I hope he does well.

www.ktbx.com/sports

eagles_victory
04-25-2007, 12:30 PM
i think he will be back i dont see anyway how he could be a first round pick and imo if your not a first rounder you should stay

big daddy russ
04-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
i think he will be back i dont see anyway how he could be a first round pick and imo if your not a first rounder you should stay
NBADraft.net has him as a mid-second-rounder in the 2008 draft. I have a feeling that he'll talk to a few NBA scouts, realize that he can benefit from another year in college, and come back to College Station for his senior season.

From everything I've heard about him, he's a good kid, so whatever he does, I wish him all the best.

Macarthur
04-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2

The draft is June 28th in New York City and Jones Must withdraw
June 18th to maintain his eligibility .

Are you sure about that part?

He is a great kid. He played against my brother in HS and I talked with him briefly after the game. Real polite; good kid.

venomous tat2
04-25-2007, 03:28 PM
According to the report from ktbx

maestro
04-25-2007, 03:59 PM
standard

operating

procedures

nowadays.......

kids are so restricted on getting market value looks....it has to be this way.

if he goes, he'll be in a develpmental league in my opinion...

eagles_victory
04-25-2007, 04:06 PM
I dont mind Joe testing the waters being that he will be a senior next year and you get one opportunity to test the waters and see what your possible draft postion will be. But to me some freshman who are already coming out seeing where they could possibly go are making a mistake. Now they wont be able to do this again so after their soph and even junior season it will make their decision pretty tough

DU_stud04
04-25-2007, 04:26 PM
haha, i was scrolling fast down the page, and i swear i saw "Aggie John to enter the NBA draft"

:doh: :doh: :doh:

maestro
04-25-2007, 05:55 PM
i did not realize that the NBA had that rule....until recently..

just once declaring..

HippoBaseball05
04-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Got the privilege of eating supper with him, Dominique Kirk and their families at Rudy's last year after the Nebraska game.